What's new

The common capital of India and Pakistan

So you will come back home to when Pakistan fights against India? :D

Hmmm. We don't have. But then do we want? I don't. I mean peace is fine. But a political union of India and Pakistan is detrimental to India.

Read my reply bro especially the bold part you will have my response.

Very true that it is a short period in history but the die has been cast. History won't move back, it simply won't happen, certainly not for a very long time. Partition was driven by hatred & fear, nothing has changed to warrant a different course. Indians must especially be careful about suggesting such fairy tale endings. While it makes very little different in our nation's narrative and how we see ourselves, it is almost a complete repudiation of the Pakistani one. Such "pie in the sky" ideas only breeds further resentment and accusations of not coming to terms about "Pakistan". Pointless.

Probably true, but there's nothing wrong in iterating right? At one time the idea of India with all these languages and all the people becoming one country was unthinkable ('India is as much a country as the equator'- Churchill); but we take that as the most natural truth in the world.

What this thread has to do with my living in Saudi Arabia look bro i spent many years in Pakistan during my childhood and University studies.

Words from a Great Man

You can take out the Pakistani from Pakistan but you can't take out Pakistan from Pakistani

Another great man said ''I went to XYZ and all I got is is a lausy t shirt' ... does your great man work in souvenir industry by any chance.. :D

Probably true, but there's nothing wrong in iterating right? At one time the idea of India with all these languages and all the people becoming one country was unthinkable ('India is as much a country as the equator'- Churchill); but we take that as the most natural truth in the world.
why cant we live like normal neighbours.. we never seeked union with nepal or bhutan right?

Very true that it is a short period in history but the die has been cast. History won't move back, it simply won't happen, certainly not for a very long time. Partition was driven by hatred & fear, nothing has changed to warrant a different course. Indians must especially be careful about suggesting such fairy tale endings. While it makes very little different in our nation's narrative and how we see ourselves, it is almost a complete repudiation of the Pakistani one. Such "pie in the sky" ideas only breeds further resentment and accusations of not coming to terms about "Pakistan". Pointless.

There is no die in history. History often has a funny way of moving in circles, especially Indian history. India has always seen periods of fragmentation followed by union. Let us not think we are antaryamis.

My point is limited to the example of the EU which is not valid here. Unlike you, I'm all for the status quo.

Love the status quo, LOVE IT damn you! They keep causing relatively negligible attrition at the cost of their own younger generation and blow backs while we hold the land, use its resources, get almost all international orgs to remain mum on the matter and grow richer. Could any baniya ask for more. Let the status quo be gentlemen, we can afford it for as long as we like- them not so much. :)

Read Post #95 . But I also think that we live in an age where the idea of political possibilities has been dented. Our forefathers were not like that.
well.. our forefathers were dreamers.. we are more realistic.
If there is proper devolution of power and free movement of people how does it matter whether I live in maharastra or sindh... I vote for my local govt and you vote for yours who is ultimately responsible for me. If I want I will live in karachi.. or mumbai..

Love the status quo, LOVE IT damn you! They keep causing relatively negligible attrition at the cost of their own younger generation and blow backs while we hold the land, use its resources, get almost all international orgs to remain mum on the matter and grow richer. Could any baniya ask for more. Let the status quo be gentlemen, we can afford it for as long as we like- them not so much. :)

Screw you...you arse wipe ! :kiss3:

I hope that your Boss comes back from wherever the hell is hes gone & sends you on a Stock Count at a Textile Manufacturing Plant (Damn the heat would kill you ! :fie: ) whereas he sends me & @hinduguy on a Stock Count at Victoria's Secrets ! :smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:
While it makes very little different in our nation's narrative and how we see ourselves, it is almost a complete repudiation of the Pakistani one. Such "pie in the sky" ideas only breeds further resentment and accusations of not coming to terms about "Pakistan". Pointless.

Not quite ! We've got the space we wanted for ourselves & thats just about it...thats all the Pakistan Movement was...it never was, as most of your countrymen, have the habit of seeing it to be something 'Not-India' - If one studies Jinnah & Iqbal correctly or one might even study the Initial Governments of Pakistan, one realizes how flimsy such a notion is. In fact Jinnah talked about it India & Pakistan living as friends like the States & Canada...its too bad too much happened that attached far too much emotional baggage to the ensuing acrimony for either of us to move on.

Screw you...you arse wipe ! :kiss3:

I hope that your Boss comes back from wherever the hell is hes gone & sends you on a Stock Count at a Textile Manufacturing Plant (Damn the heat would kill you ! :fie: ) whereas he sends me & @hinduguy on a Stock Count at Victoria's Secrets ! :smokin:

Don't be angry with me. Our strategists are smarter, not my fault. Who tries to beat a nation so large through attrition anyway?:kiss3: The one who can hold out longer wins, the one who can endure wins. That is why the powers that be in Pakistan despise the status quo- unfortunately neither casualties nor any attacks can shift that, you should know this by now- right or wrong does not matter nor what the people want- this isn't the era where colonialism was falling nor are we extended across continents maintaining a colony. People forget that we held on even when our country went broke while at the same time we had no COIN specialized units while the infra on the LOC was absent AND the infiltration was at its peak. The only regrettable bit, from a sentimental pov, will be the casualties- one or 2 dozen more than the usual per year. Try harder. :partay:

Gussa na ho yaar, chand hi to bhai hain mere border ke us par. Kaha hai na ki villa mil jaege valley me tereko. :kiss3:

Victoria's secret models ke saath tu kya karega? Most probably you'll return having gained a lot of gorgeous new sisters. :whistle: Ain't that right @Hyperion and @Secur?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite ! We've got the space we wanted for ourselves & thats just about it...thats all the Pakistan Movement was...it never was, as most of your countrymen, have the habit of seeing it to be something 'Not-India' - If one studies Jinnah & Iqbal correctly or one might even study the Initial Governments of Pakistan, one realizes how flimsy such a notion is. In fact Jinnah talked about it India & Pakistan living as friends like the States & Canada...its too bad too much happened that attached far too much emotional baggage to the ensuing acrimony for either of us to move on.

No through the bitterness of partition, all original ideas are thrown out the window. Once every family has seen a relative/ son/ daughter/ mother/ father die, no matter what the original intention, there will be a blood lust against the 'enemy'. Remains to be seen if people are mature enough to look at the way you are putting it.

Back
Top Bottom