What's new

The chapatis (wheat roti) I make are like rubber. What can be done about it?

Answer is that use good quality and branded attas, mix properly by combination of water and atta, refer YouTube.

Make properly on Tawa...
All already done. Still the result was it was like rubber.

Do you have any new tip on what to do?

Dude there’s loads of cooking classes in India. Join one and you will become an expert.

I love all types of bread and course roti.

Clarification: Lest some readers misunderstand, let me add that the issue is NOT hardness. I am okay with it. The problem is it becomes like a RUBBER.
Use less rubber ?

Clarification: Lest some readers misunderstand, let me add that the issue is NOT hardness. I am okay with it. The problem is it becomes like a RUBBER.
Muth na maara kar aatay pe.

Seriously, there is something wrong with that aata you are buying. Sab scam hai aaj kal. Buy wheat and get it ground at a chakki. Knead well for best results

Last edited:

Use warm water in place of cold water while kneeding.......see it helps

So use full seed aata, that means ata with husk, not meda.
Put less water.

Don't use maida. Get your own wheat, take it to a flouring mill yourself and enjoy the best rotis.

Ok farmer here so The rubbery nature :

The atta u buying is from wheat which got rain right before it got harvested, atta although perfectly ok roti will not come out good , just rubbery.

If u changed the atta, than ur making roti too thick, and tawa also needs to be good quality and very clean, scrap it properly.

Start making roti very thin, it will burn out 1st try , so gradually make it thicker, until u know the right thickness to make it cooked uniformly.

Use a cloth and very gently press on roti on tawa to make the contact with tawa uniform.
Just 2-3 flipping of roti is more than enough, if ur doing more than that ,ur not letting roti to cook properly and hence rubbery.

make sure you are using Atta.
You're eating maida
Muth na maara kar aatay pe.

Seriously, there is something wrong with that aata you are buying. Sab scam hai aaj kal. Buy wheat and get it ground at a chakki. Knead well for best results
So use full seed aata, that means ata with husk, not meda.
Put less water.
Don't use maida. Get your own wheat, take it to a flouring mill yourself and enjoy the best rotis.
Ok farmer here so The rubbery nature :

The atta u buying is from wheat which got rain right before it got harvested, atta although perfectly ok roti will not come out good , just rubbery.

If u changed the atta, than ur making roti too thick, and tawa also needs to be good quality and very clean, scrap it properly.

Start making roti very thin, it will burn out 1st try , so gradually make it thicker, until u know the right thickness to make it cooked uniformly.

Use a cloth and very gently press on roti on tawa to make the contact with tawa uniform.
Just 2-3 flipping of roti is more than enough, if ur doing more than that ,ur not letting roti to cook properly and hence rubbery.
Flour from Aashirvaad and Annapurna companies are trustworthy. Moreover, why is it that other people make satisfactory chapatis with same flour?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom