What's new

The chapatis (wheat roti) I make are like rubber. What can be done about it?

Rotis are very bad for your insides. They don't digest well, give a low amount of calories and screw with your guts.
Eat rice with your daal and curry instead

Rotis are very bad for your insides. They don't digest well, give a low amount of calories and screw with your guts.
Eat rice with your daal and curry instead
#NotAllRotis

maida (wheat flour) takes some to digest, atta (rice flour) not so much.. one could also substitute it with jowar or other grain based rotis/breads.

OP is a mumbaikar, he could just get a tiffin thing from those famous dabbawallas.. some nice aunty ji will send him proper rotis everyday, at home or at work. I know people who swear by them.

dabbawala-story_647_012317055407_0.jpg

1698864684210.jpeg

what you think, @Skimming aka Nilu Pule, Ulin Elup, Blackindian, iamnobody ?

I dont understand how ppl can eat chapati and feel full. I with few frnds went to lahore and we couldnt find a pashtun place so had to eat at this place and they had chapatis and not the big tandoor roti we eat. We were 4 guys and we ate 50 chapatis and were not full. We usually eat unfiltered brown aata and our rotis are the size of large pizza and almost same thickness.

The chapatis (wheat roti) I make are like rubber. What can be done about it?

Clarification: Lest some readers misunderstand, let me add that the issue is NOT hardness. I am okay with it. The problem is it becomes like a RUBBER.
Have you ever thought about changing the atta altogether? I am not an expert and truth be told never made a roti myself however i know that our roti made at home few years back was terrible to an extent that my jaw developed pain, but the problem wasnt the making of roti but rather the atta that was coming to the market. Now from last 2 years we buy direct wheat from someone and then get it grinned. Roti is now much more soft, no rubbery or hard stuff at all. My 2 cents.

I dont understand how ppl can eat chapati and feel full. I with few frnds went to lahore and we couldnt find a pashtun place so had to eat at this place and they had chapatis and not the big tandoor roti we eat. We were 4 guys and we ate 50 chapatis and were not full. We usually eat unfiltered brown aata and our rotis are the size of large pizza and almost same thickness.
This meme comes to mind for some reason

Less fiber in the atta also makes it like rubber.
Just like you feel the difference in home-cooked roti from all wheat flour Vs a naan just made from maida.

@Paitoo @-=virus=- @Srinivas @@icecold @SecularNationalist

No laughing matter. It's a problem. Buying outside food daily is expensive, butter is harmful and as I have to feed a diabetic, rice is not an option. The problem is not with flour. The chapatis others make with same flour are just fine.

Back
Top Bottom