What's new

The Burning South: India-Pakistan conflict in 2026 - A hypothetical scenario simulated. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TROLLING OR JINGOISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup same question here. With extensive use of UCAVs, short range ballistic and cruise missiles, air launched SOWs, cluster and PGMs, long range rocket artillery, thermobaric and tactical nuke warheads. Then what's the point of using this old huge formations and columns of armor and infantry approach? Doesn't these new disruptive techs make this kind of strategy already obsolete? Well it's no doubt would be fun for you experienced folks to play like a game of chess. But can someone from you plz elaborate the implications of those tech in this war and to which extent those old style formation movements are actually viable in modern times? Ok exclude tactical nukes if they seems to be too much offensive and impractical to you.
I think in fairness to those who have already committed to playing this out, with formations as they are and not as they might be, you should give a detailed commentary on how each of these featured phenomena will affect the situation.

Also Joe your ACVs will put PA in great discomfort because it builds most of its defences around water obstacles. The whole sim would be unfair.
Can't you mine them as well with truck mounted mine dispensing systems?? Extensively mine to choke their paths and let them create their own death funnels through them with mine clearing operation which would be much easier to defend the ?

Last edited:
Intel Report dated 2026.
To: MoD India
Subject: Developments in PA during the last four years.

1) Due to a stable democracy and Internal stability, Pakistan's economy has started to progress although slowly.

2) After Nov,2022 a new COAS was appointed. Being a professional officer, the insurgencies inside Paksitan were thoroughly dealt with. In addition due to the stable economy, Paksitan was able to fund development programs in backward regions. As a result almost all the terrorist organisations have been neutralised.

3) A new COAS took over on 2025. Due to efforts of previous COAS, now the new chief can focus on India only. In a recent speech he has declared India to be the only adversary with full focus on conventional ops biding good bye to COIN ops.

4) The new COAS is hawkish and has chosen an excellent team. The CGS and Corps commanders are all professional officers.

5) As part of the team, the new DG ISI also has an aggressive mindset, with the view of taking war into the Indian Territory

6) As a part of the new offensive strategy, ISI is trying to re-establish its contacts with Kashmiri and Sikh freedom fighters along with other such groups in the east.

7) Considering the COIN ops to be over and India's massive redeployment (according to Joe's ORBAT), PA has decided to plan massive redeployment as well. The brigades of the divs belonging to 11 Corps (Peshawar) and 12 Corps (Balochistan) have been moved further east to allow quick mobilization.

8) Owing to India's massive deployment of RAPIDs in Pathankot and Nagrota etc Paksitan has decided to dig a canal linking Chenab to Ravi, flowing north of Sialkot. This will protect Sialkot, Zafarwal, Shakar Garh from a pincer from Jammu or frim North East.

9) The delivery of some 300 SH-15 SPGs is complete. Thus Pakistan has raised some 18 new regts.

10) With additional delivery of 300 VT4s paksitan has been able to replace most of its T59/69s. These VT4s are separate from those in 6th AD.

11) HIT in the last four years has delivered 200 AK1s. These have been used to form new IABGs.

12) PAA has acquired multiple UCAVs in large numbers. New UAC bases have been built in Multan, Pano Aqil and Faisalabad.

13) The Alzarrar tanks of 6th AD replaced by VT4s have been used to raise 3 new IABGs.

14) Turkish UAV capable of firing Turkish CM has also been acquired.

15) PA has also bought an advanced Chinese version of Fatah having a range of 200-300 kms

16) Special recce-signal coys have been raised with each div. Equipped with specialized SIGNIT and ELINT eqpt they will be used for early detection of enemy forces and scouting.

17) PAA has also completed the order of 50+ Z10ME

18) The Pak Marines have been increased to a brigade plus force. Equipped adequately with AD and AT wpns.

@Signalian @PanzerKiel shouldn't we also look for redeployment of our forces and additional IABGs due to Joe's ORBAT?

Also Joe your ACVs will put PA in great discomfort because it builds most of its defences around water obstacles. The whole sim would be unfair.
You do realise you are playing foul.

You are delightfully vague about the location of these new units. On the Indian side, intelligence has mapped every single unit.

Also we have not increased our artillery capabilities; I can prove to a neutral observer that the build-up may not take more than 6 months to build 4 artillery divisions, WITH ammunition for six months' of war-time consumption.

Just saying...:enjoy:

I think in fairness to those who have already committed to playing this out, with formations as they are and not as they might be, you should give a detailed commentary on how each of these featured phenomena will affect the situation.
Lol I am not a military strategist. I am just a civie with 0 knowledge of military maneuvers. 😒
That's why I asked experts like you the question.

@SQ8 I would like to join the Pakistani team.

@Joe Shearer @Desert Fox 1 some questions (answer those which you need to per the scenario only):

1. The war begins with an Indian attack, correct?
2. Has India operationalised the S-400?
3. Are the following missiles operational yet: Ababeel, Agni-Prime, Babur-III, RAAD II, Shaheen-III? In what kind of numbers? Less than 25-50 BMS and less than 150 CMs I assume?
4. Are JF-17 IIIs operational? Have all Block Is been phased out?

Can't you mine them as well with truck mounted mine dispensing systems??
His machines are hovercraft that csn fly over water and land. That's why it is completely unfair, especially wrt to the time frame.
You do realise you are playing foul.

You are delightfully vague about the location of these new units. On the Indian side, intelligence has mapped every single unit.

Also we have not increased our artillery capabilities; I can prove to a neutral observer that the build-up may not take more than 6 months to build 4 artillery divisions, WITH ammunition for six months' of war-time consumption.

Just saying...:enjoy:
I have not written about the exact ORBAT because that'll be discussed by all the members of Blue land. I alone will not decide.
And as adar as raising 4 arty divs is concerned. Well, Pakistan has already raised 3 regts of the said arty system and many more are on order (300 almost) They might be delivered even before this timeframe.

@Joe Shearer @Desert Fox 1 some questions (answer those which you need to per the scenario only):

3. Are the following missiles operational yet: Ababeel, Agni-Prime, Babur-III, RAAD II, Shaheen-III? In what kind of numbers? Less than 25-50 BMS and less than 150 CMs I assume?
The scenario is set for 2026

Are the following missiles operational yet: Ababeel, Agni-Prime, Babur-III, RAAD II, Shaheen-III? In what kind of numbers? Less than 25-50 BMS and less than 150 CMs I assume?
Also there will be NO nuclear exchange or any foreign intervention. It'll be no holds barred. Otherwise there will be no fun.

It hasn't come to war, what's the hurry? :p:
Yes, and some indigenous technology as well, not measuring up to the S-300 or the S-400.
3. Are the following missiles operational yet: Ababeel, Agni-Prime, Babur-III, RAAD II, Shaheen-III?
Agni, yes, how would I know about the others until RAW tells me?
In what kind of numbers? Less than 25-50 BMS and less than 150 CMs I assume?
RAW.
RAW.

His machines are hovercraft that csn fly over water and land. That's why it is completely unfair, especially wrt to the time frame.
😇
I have not written about the exact ORBAT because that'll be discussed by all the members of Blue land. I alone will not decide.
😩
And as adar as raising 4 arty divs is concerned. Well, Pakistan has already raised 3 regts of the said arty system and many more are on order (300 almost) They might be delivered even before this timeframe.
We haven't, but we might exercise the option, if there are too many nice things being 'allowed' to happen.
The scenario is set for 2026

Also there will be NO nuclear exchange or any foreign intervention. It'll be no holds barred. Otherwise there will be no fun.
No holds barred? Oh, I say, bit steep, that.

It hasn't come to war, what's the hurry? :p:

Yes, and some indigenous technology as well, not measuring up to the S-300 or the S-400.

Agni, yes, how would I know about the others until RAW tells me?

RAW.

RAW.
No nuclear missiles. There will be NO nuclear exchange.
Of course the blkIIIs will be operational since the scenario is set for 2026. The numbers, only @SQ8 can tell.

So how those beasts be stopped? By laying old style iron tank traps laced with barbed wires and booby traps???

Or some weird shaped concrete boulders having long legs in different directions along with some remote detonating charges (some sort of IED) which can damage/destroy nearby hovercrafts!
Mines with laser/proximity sensors which can also sense objects nearby hovering past over it to detonate. Anything?

Mining a canal? :rofl:

OK, I'm being an a******e. You mean the banks, right?
Yup even some dumb like me wouldn't try to mine the canals. I meant to say banks or any other place of opportunity to create a funnel.

A dumbest question. Can canals be mined with Anti-ship mines??

Last edited:
So how those beasts be stopped? By laying old style iron tank traps laced with barbed wires and booby traps???

Or some weird shaped concrete boulders having long legs in different directions along with some remote detonating charges (some sort of IED) which can damage/destroy nearby hovercrafts! Anything?
I don't know, that's why its completely unfair given PA's defensive deployments. Observers should take notice because otherwise there would be no effect of terrain, obstacles etc.

These are machines that travel at 35 kmph. Imagine how long it will take a driver to spot these, shift his chewing gum to the other side of his mouth, and take a 5 km detour? (don't take out the calculator, it's around 9 minutes).
Or some weird shaped concrete boulders having long legs in different directions along with some remote detonating charges (some sort of IED) which can damage/destroy nearby hovercrafts! Anything?
Tetrapods.

You have a nasty mind.
Yup even some dumb like me wouldn't try to mine the canals. I meant to say banks or any other place of opportunity to create a funnel.

A dumbest question. Can canals be mined with Anti-ship mines??
:mad::mad::mad:

Yes, they can, but with limitations. Sea mines are usually at much more depth than you will get in a canal.

The idea is another nasty one.

Now I'm beginning to actively dislike you.

I don't know, that's why its completely unfair given PA's defensive deployments. Observers should take notice because otherwise there would be no effect of terrain, obstacles etc.
:angel:

Those are not all.
If you knew what might be coming at you, you'd jump out of the window.
(Nothing new, no science fiction, I hasten to add).

A N D ?

Your problem with that sounds like a German General Major seeing unlikely steel rhomboids climbing across his beloved trench systems, making him feel remarkably inadequate!

The idea is another nasty one
Mines with laser/proximity sensors which can also sense objects nearby hovering past over it to detonate!

When we can get traffic tickets from laser sensor speed cameras and activate lights, alarms etc with proximity sensor then why not detonating hovering machines with them?

Mines with laser/proximity sensors which can also sense objects nearby hovering past over it to detonate!

When we can get traffic tickets from laser sensor speed cameras and activate lights, alarms etc with proximity sensor then why not detonating hovering machines with them?
That's why I called the idea nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom