What's new

The Burning South: India-Pakistan conflict in 2026 - A hypothetical scenario simulated. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TROLLING OR JINGOISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
In both armies, normally, the person who is carrying a heavy weapon like RPG, LMG etc does not carry a rifle. His prime duty is to maintain and operate that one single weapon.
Sir ji in old days , what sort of heavy weapon , I mean equivalent to a rpg or rcl mk 3 84 mm did pakistani army operate ?
I mean in 65 and 71 times.

This is so true.
However, just think about it.
The guy carrying the RCL should NOT be carrying a rifle. Max, give him a sub-machine gun, better still, a machine pistol (for those who think there's a difference :partay:)
Sir. We are unlucky in this regard.
I hope that msmc or jvpc as (it fire a 5.56 ×30 mm round minsas round) gets inducted in numbers as the carbine tender is not moving forward at all
India decided to buy caracal carbine from uae but the deal went nowhere.

@ PanzerKeil sir , what is the effective range of a kalashnikov rifle chambered in 7 62 ×39 with iron sights?

Last edited:
I
Normally, there are minimum of two individuals per detachment. The second man has a rifle as well as ammo for primary Wesson.
I guess the one who carries ammo of the big gun also has a firearm and carries ammo for his small gun as the one carrying the big gun is already in stress

Sir ji in old days , what sort of heavy weapon , I mean equivalent to a rpg or rcl mk 3 84 mm did pakistani army operate ?
I mean in 65 and 71 times.

Sir. We are unlucky in this regard.
I hope that msmc or jvpc as (it fire a 5.56 ×30 mm round minsas round) gets inducted in numbers as the carbine tender is not moving forward at all
India decided to buy caracal carbine from uae but the deal went nowhere.

@ PanzerKeil sir , what is the effective range of a kalashnikov rifle chambered in 7 62 ×39 with iron sights?
In old days, Pakistan operated 3.5 inch launcher and Blindicide.

Effective range with iron sights is 300 m, with a normal window sized target hit at 800 m.

Effective range with iron sights is 300 m, with a normal window sized target hit at 800 m.
Sir, what's difference between effective range and real range
And how can it hit a target at 800 mm if its range is 300 mm ?

Sir, what's difference between effective range and real range
And how can it hit a target at 800 mm if its range is 300 mm ?
Effective range is where you can hit a small circle of 6 inches diameter. All bullets should fall into it. However, if you observe, the range which is available on the rear sight of AK-series weapon is 800 m. However, at 800 m, you cannot make all bullets fall in a 6 inch circle. A window sized target, yes.

I

I guess the one who carries ammo of the big gun also has a firearm and carries ammo for his small gun as the one carrying the big gun is already in stress
Yes.

Pakistan was also the first one to use ATGM in subcontinent in the form of Cobra ATGM in 1965. Indians then followed and lots of French ENTAC ATGMs were bought by Indian army which were very effective against 23 Division offensive in Chamb area.

Last edited:
Effective range is where you can hit a small circle of 6 inches diameter. All bullets should fall into it. However, if you observe, the range which is available on the read sight of AK-series weapon is 800 m. However, at 800 m, you cannot make all bullets fall in a 6 inch circle. A window sized target, yes.

Yes.

Pakistan was also the first one to use ATGM in subcontinent in the form of Cobra ATGM in 1965. Indians then followed and lots of French ENTAC ATGMs were bought by Indian army which were very effective against 23 Division offensive in Chamb area.
That means sir , that one can spray and pray till 800 metres .
Thanks for your time sir , I know an army man has very less time to entertain the questions of a bloody civilian like myself .
Regards , have a nice day panzer saab

Effective range is where you can hit a small circle of 6 inches diameter. All bullets should fall into it. However, if you observe, the range which is available on the rear sight of AK-series weapon is 800 m. However, at 800 m, you cannot make all bullets fall in a 6 inch circle. A window sized target, yes.

Yes.

Sir , I guess with help of a good scope one can shoot all the bullets within 6 inch diameter.
But both armies don't think much in these regard because both have money to spend of better stuff like attack helis and artillery.
there is no shortage of men to fight , thus best tactic is to march towards enemy slowly in. Single line 😄, amrikis are introducing a new kartoos 😁😁of 6.8 mm .
Total contract is of 4.7 billion usd , xm 5 rifle will replace m4s .
While in india we cannot replace insas with ak 203 because of putin.
Production can't start as America is threating us.
India developed a 6.8 mm rifle too, army didn't like it, it was deemed too costly

I like this thread.
LOL.

It's ABOUT to get exciting!

Yes.

@Blueindian
Bacchu, this is gold. You won't get this kind of real information on tin-horn threads on tin-horn fora.

LOL.

It's ABOUT to get exciting!

@Blueindian
Bacchu, this is gold. You won't get this kind of real information on tin-horn threads on tin-horn fora.
Sir ,
What is better than asking a serving army officer about range of rifle

Ek baar me Sahi se samjha diya panzer saab ne.
Ki goli 800 meter tak jaati hai , lekin aap effectively 300 meter tak satikta se nishana laga sakte hain
Uske paschat bhagwan bharose hai ki target hit hoga ya nai

Last edited:
Ki goli 800 meter tak jaati hai , lekin aap effectively 300 meter tak satikta se nishana laga sakte hain
Uske paschat bhagwan bharose hai ki target hit hoga ya nai
That is not the exact reason. The exact reason being, if you hold the gun and aim at a human sized target....what happens is that beyond 300 m, the human sized target gets smaller than the front iron tip, so you cant aim exactly at a body part for example. At more ranges, the target will get smaller and the bullets may pass around the target.

1650885271617.png

At 100 meters, the target is clearly observed in detail and facial features are distinguished

At 200 meters, the target is clearly observed. There is a loss of facial detail. The color of the skin and equipment are still identifiable.

At 300 meters, the target has a clear body outline, face color usually remains accurate, but remaining details are blurred.

At 400 meters, the body outline is clear, but remaining detail is blurred.

At 500 meters, the body shape begins to taper at the ends, and the head becomes indistinct from the shoulders.

At 600 meters, the body appears wedge-shaped and headless.

Sir ji , till what range an average soldier can fire accurately? With iron sights?
300 meters is the maximum, generally applicable for majority of battle and assault rifles.

Sirji apko mera dhanyawad .
Many idiots were calming that 7.62 mm round is bad , indian army is idiot that they want a rifle with 7.62 as a standard issue and a kalash round can't travel beyond 300 m , as after that bullet drops.
Your explanation will silence them for good
That is not the exact reason. The exact reason being, if you hold the gun and aim at a human sized target....what happens is that beyond 300 m, the human sized target gets smaller than the front iron tip, so you cant aim exactly at a body part for example. At more ranges, the target will get smaller and the bullets may pass around the target.

View attachment 837796

At 100 meters, the target is clearly observed in detail and facial features are distinguished

At 200 meters, the target is clearly observed. There is a loss of facial detail. The color of the skin and equipment are still identifiable.

At 300 meters, the target has a clear body outline, face color usually remains accurate, but remaining details are blurred.

At 500 meters, the body shape begins to taper at the ends, and the head becomes indistinct from the shoulders.

300 meters is the maximum, generally applicable for majority of battle and assault rifles.

View attachment 837796

This means that round dosent matter , instead its the shooters ability to fire accurately is what matters .
Thanks again saab

Sirji apko mera dhanyawad .
Many idiots were calming that 7.62 mm round is bad , indian army is idiot that they want a rifle with 7.62 as a standard issue and a kalash round can't travel beyond 300 m , as after that bullet drops.
Your explanation will silence them for good

This means that round dosent matter , instead its the shooters ability to fire accurately is what matters .
Thanks again saab
On the contrary, i have seen terrorists getting hit by 5.56 2-3 times, all body / abdomen shots, but still fighting....however, a single hit from 7.62 is normally enough to neutralize someone.

On the contrary, i have seen terrorists getting hit by 5.56 2-3 times, all body / abdomen shots, but still fighting....however, a single hit from 7.62 is normally enough to neutralize someone.
Another misconception cleared by you that , 5m56 is not a poison bullet
I have heard that , tangos in kashmir ( for us ,they are 😅)
Continue to fight even after being hit 5 to 7 times by insas or tavor or zittara as all use 5 56 mm rounds.
Some say they are drugged hence keep fighting, I don't know probably it might be true.

Its the ballistics of these rounds

7.62 mm rounds hits a body it creates a shock plum, shredding every tissue though and mostly passing the other side. Its instant death if hit anywhere in the body center. Very useful in Coin operations.

5.56 mm nato rounds are designed to deflect on impact, once it enters the body the round moves towards soft tissue mass (center of the body rather than exiting through the ribcage). It will cause severe internal bleeding requiring immediate medical attention. This will free up two more soldiers as they need to carry away the single injured from the battle zone. Its kind of very useful in war rather than insurgencies.

Why indian army chose either rounds is a debate for later. It had to do a compromise between length of the barrel for an urban warfare vs the round ballistics. And at last there is the effectiveness of either round against body armor, thats a story for another day.

Last edited:
Its the ballistics of these rounds

7.62 mm rounds hits a body it creates a shock plum, shredding every tissue though and mostly passing the other side. Its instant death if hit anywhere in the body center. Very useful in Coin operations.

5.56 mm nato rounds are designed to deflect on impact, once it enters the body the round moves towards soft tissue mass (center of the body rather than exiting through the ribcage). It will cause severe internal bleeding requiring immediate medical attention. This will free up two more soldiers as they need to carry away the single injured from the battle zone. Its kind of very useful in war rather than insurgencies.

Why indian army chose either rounds is a debate for later. It had to do a compromise between length of the barrel for an urban warfare vs the round ballistics. And at last there is the effectiveness of either round against body armor, thats a story for another day.
Indian army chose 5 56 because of nato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom