What's new

The Bollywood movie that’s beaten Star Wars at China’s box office

I have seen 'The Mermaid(2016)' after learning that this movie was the biggest box office success in China in 2016. But disappointed while watching and wondered how come this movie became the biggest hit?:what:
I didn't even bother watching this shit. Box office success doesn't necessarily mean good quality. A lot of people buy tickets simply because they are the fans of some actor/actress or the director in the movie. Quite immature.

hahaha, apparently you Indian know nothing about China, Lol. I ask you how many Indian or Western on Chinese forum like Sina.com? You know? Chinese mainlanders not so keen being fluent in English, unlike you Indian. They don't care being here because they don't speak English. Please don't make black or white outta bunch of people here.
https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/how-the-esl-industry-in-china-is-changing

I won't call a $4.5 billion a year industry 'nothing' or 'Chinese not so keen on'. Especially, when it is growing at 12-15% per year. For a reference, total worth of Chinese box office in 2016 was $6.5 billion. As ESL markets go, it is the largest in the world.

Last edited:
I have seen 'The Mermaid(2016)' after learning that this movie was the biggest box office success in China in 2016. But disappointed while watching and wondered how come this movie became the biggest hit?:what:
Most probably non-Chinese will not be able to appreciate the Chinese oriented slapstick comedy that Stephen Chow is known for.

It is to the credit of the Chinese that they are able to accept and embrace talented foreigners and open to their good ideas and practices.
Closed and Narrow minded Gangas in Free India will not understand such intellectual behavior.
Its like every Chinese user here has dementia , one second they call us slaves because English movies are popular here next they say we are narrow minded because we don't want to was watch foreign movies. make up your mind

Hehe, really, could you name them out?

More Chinese user mocking India, when will you give us a big slap? few indian Movie success not mean how good you are, India still a loser country, big loser!
Everyone is a looser in the eyes of Chinese , being racist does that

Its like every Chinese user here has dementia , one second they call us slaves because English movies are popular here next they say we are narrow minded because we don't want to was watch foreign movies. make up your mind

Everyone is a looser in the eyes of Chinese , being racist does that
India Enslaved by the British was a fact.
Closed and narrow minded as observed of majority of Indians still practicing Caste divisions and unable to comprehend and accept facts staring down at them.
Example is 1962 war where evidence point to the aggressor was India but many still blame China instead of asking for the release of the Henderson Brooks-Bhagat Report.
Deluded Indians believed there was a military victory in 1967 based on mere rumors and where there are no records of it officially or reported by main stream media in 1967, but only retroactively regurgitated fake "facts" by Indians.
Remember the 38% of NASA are Indians lie, and that India gave the UNSC seat to China?
No conflict here.

On movies, its good to support local movies over foreign ones, but not closed to exceptional foreign movies.
But as we all know, the most popular movies may not necessarily be good ones.
I myself find lots of popular movies dumb.
I don't watch any Jackie Chan flicks or war movies, except "Enemy at the Gates", "The Dirty Dozen", but that's just my personal preference.

There are also many commendable Indian movies.
Don't watch too much English movies, there are subtle propaganda embedded, just like how they make use of Facebook to target the masses.
China was smart to ban Facebook and Google.
Deluded Indians were touting they have FREEDOM to use Facebook, Google.

Your post is a bit incoherent, hope I got it right.

India Enslaved by the British was a fact.

They colonised 24% of earth's landmass & 25% of humanity. India held them off better than most.

Closed and narrow minded as observed of majority of Indians still practicing Caste divisions and unable to comprehend and accept facts staring down at them.

This coming from a Chinese who is practically a slave in every sense , literally the most oppressed country in asia
images

Example is 1962 war where evidence point to the aggressor was India but many still blame China

Ya ya , the out numbered indian troops who were rationing food due to delay in shipments attacked China without a logical reason. God ,talking to u ppl gives me migraines.

instead of asking for the release of the Henderson Brooks-Bhagat Report.
Deluded Indians believed there was a military victory in 1967 based on mere rumors and where there are no records of it officially or reported by main stream media in 1967, but only retroactively regurgitated fake "facts" by Indians.
Kek o ya Chinese never fought in 67 , after all every humiliating defeat China faces is wiped from its ancient teckbooks
Remember the 38% of NASA are Indians lie, and that India gave the

What kind of idiot uses whatsapp forward as evidence for anything?

UNSC seat to China?
No conflict here

Dunno what you are yapping about
British did promise unsc seat to India after winning the world war, Nehru refused since he didn't trust the British. India (ruled by congress since 38) contributed 70% of soldiers to their army.
On movies, its good to support local movies over foreign ones, but not closed to exceptional foreign movies.
But as we all know, the most popular movies may not necessarily be good ones.

:blah::blah: fact remains you ppl were mocking his movie & saying it will be a international joke less than a year ago . Now its one of the biggest hits in China. That's a slap if i ever seen one.
I myself find lots of popular movies dumb.
I don't watch any Jackie Chan flicks or war movies, except "Enemy at the Gates", "The Dirty Dozen", but that's just my personal preference.

The difference is we don't mock reputed actors & director based on their race , while you ppl here did. Jackie Chan is a incredible stuntman recognized globally we don't go on yapping he's a joke or his classics like snake, Engle & shadow are garbage.
Don't watch too much English movies, there are subtle propaganda embedded,
Are you kidding me? The day China mocks anyone on digital propaganda is the day earth will freeze solid . I can recall watching like 3 Chinese movies thus year , all of them are ridiculous cringy propaganda for mother land.

• Zodiac something - filled with racist b.s on white people, can't accept the fact you lost wars
  • Kung fu yoga - claiming Mahabharata was actually fight between Indian king & a Chinese empire , claiming India is a signature to obor , claiming Tibetan Buddhism is based on shivisum

just like how they make use of Facebook to target the masses.
China was smart to ban Facebook and Google.

Only reason your masters banned it was because ccp has always been against the press & free speech . They want puppets, not real news.
Deluded Indians were touting they have FREEDOM to use Facebook, Google.

China is nothing but north Korea with more money , you aren't fooling anyone claiming b.s like censoring the internet is path to progress. Only someone entirely delusional will claim the entire world is enslaved by failing ideology .

They colonised 24% of earth's landmass & 25% of humanity. India held them off better than most.

Ya ya , the out numbered indian troops who were rationing food due to delay in shipments attacked China without a logical reason. God ,talking to u ppl gives me migraines.

Kek o ya Chinese never fought in 67 , after all every humiliating defeat China faces is wiped from its ancient teckbooks

What kind of idiot uses whatsapp forward as evidence for anything?

Dunno what you are yapping about
British did promise unsc seat to India after winning the world war, Nehru refused since he didn't trust the British. India (ruled by congress since 38) contributed 70% of soldiers to their army.

:blah::blah: fact remains you ppl were mocking his movie & saying it will be a international joke less than a year ago . Now its one of the biggest hits in China. That's a slap if i ever seen one.

The difference is we don't mock reputed actors & director based on their race , while you ppl here did. Jackie Chan is a incredible stuntman recognized globally we don't go on yapping he's a joke or his classics like snake, Engle & shadow are garbage.

Are you kidding me? The day China mocks anyone on digital propaganda is the day earth will freeze solid . I can recall watching like 3 Chinese movies thus year , all of them are ridiculous cringy propaganda for mother land.

• Zodiac something - filled with racist b.s on white people, can't accept the fact you lost wars
  • Kung fu yoga - claiming Mahabharata was actually fight between Indian king & a Chinese empire , claiming India is a signature to obor , claiming Tibetan Buddhism is based on shivisum

Only reason your masters banned it was because ccp has always been against the press & free speech . They want puppets, not real news.

China is nothing but north Korea with more money , you aren't fooling anyone claiming b.s like censoring the internet is path to progress. Only someone entirely delusional will claim the entire world is enslaved by failing ideology .
India held them off better than most.
Don't make me laugh.
The British took over all of India with 3000 soldiers.

British did promise unsc seat to India after winning the world war, Nehru refused since he didn't trust the British.
No need for me to carry on discourse with STUPID AND DELUDED PERSON like you.
UNSC seat is NOT for Britain to offer to a yet to exist India in 1945.
SORRY, you continue with your trolling.
Wonder how a STUPID PERSON like you get to post here.

above all, he's as real Chinese as a Chinese can be :lol:
Personally i have never watched any Indian movie, no plans to try it out in the future either. Dancing, singing, Indian comic just ain't my thing ;)
To be very honest. I have watched a couple of them. But it's not every movie that they sing and dance. You should watch a movie called "Lunchbox"? I think that's the name. I don't remember.
Maybe some Indian members can clarify it for me. I don't watch those singing and dancing shit. It's too stupid. Another good movie from India is called.... "Salaam Bombay". It's about a young kid's life in the city of Bombay. That's about it. I am not sure about the names. But probably someone can correct it for me of I am wrong.

I don't watch much war or kungfu movies.
From the trailer, the Chinese are bringing a lot of military equipment to the show.
Beginning to be interesting.
I may watch this movie.
Kung fu movies are boring. You see one, you've seen them all.
I watch HORROR. ;)

To be very honest. I have watched a couple of them. But it's not every movie that they sing and dance. You should watch a movie called "Lunchbox"? I think that's the name. I don't remember.
Maybe some Indian members can clarify it for me. I don't watch those singing and dancing shit. It's too stupid. Another good movie from India is called.... "Salaam Bombay". It's about a young kid's life in the city of Bombay. That's about it. I am not sure about the names. But probably someone can correct it for me of I am wrong.

I do not doubt Bollywood can produce some good movies, every country could create some nice story telling and cinematography. Will i give it a try? Probably not :D not that i hate India or want to ban anything made in India. Just don't have the spare time to watch world cinema, so i basically use the time available for some Hollywood and Chinese movies.

I do not doubt Bollywood can produce some good movies, every country could create some nice story telling and cinematography. Will i give it a try? Probably not :D not that i hate India or want to ban anything made in India. Just don't have the spare time to watch world cinema, so i basically use the time available for some Hollywood and Chinese movies.
:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Kung fu movies are boring. You see one, you've seen them all.
I watch HORROR. ;)
I watch HORROR and SciFi but not those zombies and exorcist types.

Why bother to compare with Gangas.
These people had been slaves for 500 years to the Mughals and the British.
They are very experienced in the discipline of pleasing their masters.

See how naturally they call us "SIR".
They are very good at Call Centers, Opening Doors, Serving people, Licking Balls.
If not for their not so attractive skin, Hong Kong brothels will be full of them.
Gangas are very good in the industry of entertainment and pleasing others due to their long history of being slaves.
I think the Chinese, proud of their culture, may not be able to compete with the Gangas at pleasing and entertainment.

I say let the Gangas at Bollywood entertain and please the Chinese with their monkey tricks and throw them some crumbs.
While the Chinese focus on leading in technology and science and other more significant endeavors.

Soon China will be the largest film market. India's film market is so tiny. Cinema will flock to China.

Indian film market is shit poop stained.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom