What's new

The Big Story:The Secret 'K' Missile Family

Prithvi&

Do you live in India or outside?? Didn't ever heard of India Today??? Sandeep Unnithan by far most authentic defense journo from India.

Ya I have heard about India today but very recently developed interest in defense related matters.. I'm sorry if it is offending in any way..

One more question, if it can be launched from sub marine then why not from Land?
It can be but they yet to decide on it. The report indicates that for land they will mostly depend on Agni series for immediate future. As Agni-iii cleared for production and Agni-V development at its final stage.

How different it is from agni 3 in technological terms apart from it being SLBM

It will be technologically more complex, smaller and lighter but both will have same capabilities.

Holy smokes...Wow o Wow.
Can SLBM be MIRV capable? If yes then any guesses if this could be one?

Yes, most SLBMs used by the US (Trident) and Russia are MIRV'ed ones. If Agni 3 could have Mirvs, I do not foresee any problems for DRDO in this regard, for the K series. It would be easy for them once they get the Agni 3/4 mirv perfected.

The MIRV is in the warhead. Thus the tech from agni 3/4 should be (almost) interchangeable without much modification for the K series.

Also irrc the Agni3/4 and the K series are wider (diameter-wise) missiles, which help in the inclusion of MIRVs

DRDO has named them K(Kalam) series.That pic is old.

From what I gathered from the article, the Agni and K series are two different developments. Agni series is a Land based Ballistic Missiles whereas the K series is a SLBM (sea launched Ballistic Missile). However; there are a few non SLBM stuff as well, like the shourya and this other 4 meter long air launched land attack missiles.

Air launched strategic nuclear missile for Su-30 .. so that explains no further news on the strategic command proposal for 40 fighters.

Back
Top Bottom