What's new

The big Middle East Football - thread

A shame. I wanted to see Syria through!

Who do you fancy to win of Jordan and UAE?

Me too, not for anything special but if they could win the hole thing it would be something to be happy for when there country is in bad times.

for Jordan-UAE Id say UAE just beause I truly like emarat as a country and been there couple times

Me too, not for anything special but if they could win the hole thing it would be something to be happy for when there country is in bad times.

for Jordan-UAE Id say UAE ust beause I truly like emarat as a country and been there couple times

Yes, but also because for me it is a fellow Muslim and Arab country that I like.

Yes, I like both Jordan and UAE a lot as countries but I would probably cheer more for Jordan as a Hijazi. But UAE probably has the better team. But anyway whoever advances of those two countries I will be happy.

Then I really hope that KSA can beat Australia and Iraq can beat Japan.

But I fear that it will be a South Korea and Japan final as we predicted earlier I think it was.

Yes, but also because for me it is a fellow Muslim and Arab country that I like.

Yes, I like both Jordan and UAE a lot as countries but I would probably cheer more for Jordan as a Hijazi. But UAE probably has the better team. But anyway whoever advances of those two countries I will be happy.

Then I really hope that KSA can beat Australia and Iraq can beat Japan.

But I fear that it will be a South Korea and Japan final as we predicted earlier I think it was.

Not to make this thread to a political one but I have hard time to show love to ME countrys. For all the damage Iraq have been true. For religious and political reasons.

Yeah must wait and see how Iraqs match will end up. Best luck for both of ous

And Jordan won the match with 1-0 against UAE

Jordan, S.Korea are true to the semifinal

tomorrows game: Australia- KSA and Iraq-Japan

Australia-KSA 1-2 , now the three teams that made it to the semi is S.Korea,Jordan and KSA.

Iraq-Japan will start in 50 min

Australia-KSA 1-2 , now the three teams that made it to the semi is S.Korea,Jordan and KSA.

Iraq-Japan will start in 50 min

Great. So much for KSA having no talents. Actually to the Iranian members then several Saudi Arabians are playing in the Portuguese and Dutch league and many more are rumored to be moving to Europe. The problem is just that the KSA league is one of the best in Asia and that they get significantly higher salaries back home than they would at mid- or low table clubs in Europe.

Good luck to Iraq. It will be hard but I think that Japan can be beaten.

Great. So much for KSA having no talents. Actually to the Iranian members then several Saudi Arabians are playing in the Portuguese and Dutch league and many more are rumored to be moving to Europe. The problem is just that the KSA league is one of the best in Asia and that they get significantly higher salaries back home than they would at mid- or low table clubs in Europe.

Good luck to Iraq. It will be hard but I think that Japan can be beaten.

KSA league is indeed one of the best league in Asia if not the best. And I agree with you, we have the same problem here. The iraqi players rather play in the gulf and get paid good then go to a better side in europe but with less salary. We have Iraqis playing all over europ, but they dont get called up to the NT beacuse the current coach say that they dont have enough "Gheera" to play for our country.

anyway I just want to see the game and hope our boys play well and win!

KSA league is indeed one of the best league in Asia if not the best. And I agree with you, we have the same problem here. The iraqi players rather play in the gulf and get paid good then go to a better side in europe but with less salary. We have Iraqis playing all over europ, but they dont get called up to the NT beacuse the current coach say that they dont have enough "Gheera" to play for our country.

anyway I just want to see the game and hope our boys play well and win!

Yes, that is correct. You have to remember that most of those talents only can play at low- or mid table clubs in smaller European leagues mostly. Europe is also a whole new culture and thing for them. Back in KSA they are treated as kings in their respective clubs, get much, much higher salaries, live in tax free societies, at home with family, friends etc.

Also what helps Iraq and Iran for instance and not KSA is that the two first countries have a somewhat large European diaspora. Meaning that they have thousands of Iraqis and Iranians who were born in European country x or y. So they get their footballing education in the best countries for that such as Netherlands, Sweden etc.

KSA does not have that since our immigrants were the Arabs who emigrated from Portugal to Oman and from Latin America to Indonesia etc., LOL, centuries ago and some recently to neighboring countries.;)

Anyway the winner of Iraq-Japan will met KSA in the semifinals and Iraq already won against KSA 3-1 in the group stages.

We have Iraqis playing all over europ, but they dont get called up to the NT beacuse the current coach say that they dont have enough "Gheera" to play for our country.

Haha that sounds very familiar!
Some Iranians (whether fans, coaches) dont want to invite European based players, because they question their loyalty and their "gheyrat" :omghaha:
You should have seen some of the Iranian members on certain forums said about Dejagah, before he got called up by Iran. It wasnt pretty :lol:

The good thing is that Carlos Quieroz have invited Ashkan Dejagah and Ghoochannejad and they have signficiantly improved the quality of the team. Now no one questions those players and CQ's decision. lol

Yes, that is correct. You have to remember that most of those talents only can play at low- or mid table clubs in smaller European leagues mostly. Europe is also a whole new culture and thing for them. Back in KSA they are treated as kings in their respective clubs, get much, much higher salaries, live in tax free societies, at home with family, friends etc.

Also what helps Iraq and Iran for instance and not KSA is that the two first countries have a somewhat large European diaspora. Meaning that they have thousands of Iraqis and Iranians who were born in European country x or y. So they get their footballing education in the best countries for that such as Netherlands, Sweden etc.

KSA does not have that since our immigrants were the Arabs who emigrated from Portugal to Oman and from Latin America to Indonesia etc., LOL, centuries ago and some recently to neighboring countries

Anyway the winner of Iraq-Japan will met KSA in the semifinals and Iraq already won against KSA 3-1 in the group stages.

I agree with you, and I can understand the players for staying in the ME and not take a chance to play in Europe. Yes we have tons of Iraqis who is born in EU and get send to top fotboll school there, but it almost end with nothing for ous just beacuse they worrent born in Iraq, and that piss me of, we can have so much stronger team but no rather play with native born Iraqis with less fotboll skills then outsiders. But I feel like in sometime the coach will end up in a corner and let some new EU faces to join the NT.

25 min to the game now.

Haha that sounds very familiar!
Some Iranians (whether fans, coaches) dont want to invite European based players, because they question their loyalty and their "gheyrat" :omghaha:

The good thing is that Carlos Quieroz have invited Ashkan Dejagah and Ghoochannejad and they have signficiantly improved the quality of the team. Now no one questions those players and CQ's decision. lol

The only differnt with ous and you is that our fans want them to join the NT, but the coach do everything in his power to avoid it. We have so so many unknown players with Iraqi background who plays up to the English Championship, bundesliga, ducsh leauge, in denmark,sweden, norway etc etc. But still the coach wont even hear them out. And you must understand that just beacuse they play in EU they become atomaticly better then the once playing in ME, but there are some who starts getting a name in EU but still nothing for our NT.

btw good luck in the WC.

Last edited:
I agree with you, and I can understand the players for staying in the ME and not take a chance to play in Europe. Yes we have tons of Iraqis who is born in EU and get send to top fotboll school there, but it almost end with nothing for ous just beacuse they worrent born in Iraq, and that piss me of, we can have so much stronger team but no rather play with native born Iraqis with less fotboll skills then outsiders. But I feel like in sometime the coach will end up in a corner and let some new EU faces to join the NT.

25 min to the game now.

Well, I hope that trends changes but there were young Saudi Arabian talents who played for mid-table clubs in Portugal regularly for 1 season but the season after they were back home, LOL.

Well, if they are born in Europe and grew up there all their lives then they should play for that country. I mean what would France, Netherlands, England, Germany etc. be without all the players of non-local origin? Far from as good as they are now.

The only differnt with ous and you is that our fans want them to join the NT, but the coach do everything in his power to avoid it. We have so so many unknown players with Iraqi background who plays up to the English Championship, bundesliga, ducsh leauge, in denmark,sweden, norway etc etc. But still the coach wont even hear them out. And you must understand that just beacuse they play in EU they become atomaticly better then the once playing in ME, but there are some who starts getting a name in EU but still nothing for our NT.

btw good luck in the WC.

Well, not all Iranian fans are like that. In fact, the vast majority favours that Iran takes advantage of the resources abroad and calls them up, but the minority that doesnt can be vocal. Although now after the inclusion of Ghoochannejad (scored 8 goals out of 10 matches for Iran) and Ashkan Dejagah, that minority has been silenced. :D

Thanks! :)
I dont think we will do so well. We have had NO preparation (friendlies, camps) since we qualfied. Whereas South Korea has played the likes of Brazil, Belgium, Russia, Croatia etc ever since June,
Our group is also tough, although could have gotten much worse (Australia lol).
We'll do our best and enjoy being there :)

Well, I hope that trends changes but there were young Saudi Arabian talents who played for mid-table clubs in Portugal regularly for 1 season but the season after they were back home, LOL.

Well, if they are born in Europe and grew up there all their lives then they should play for that country. I mean what would France, Netherlands, England, Germany etc. be without all the players of non-local origin? Far from as good as they are now.

Im with you, but there are many who was born in Iraq and left under the war(s) and they dont see them self as like the native from the country they live in but rather as an Iraqi. And some people visit Iraq couple times a year. Have family members there,friends. And if a player choose to play for Iraq instead of another country, then it should only be between his skills and the once fighting for the same spot in the team

By the way the winner of Iraq-Japan game will face S.korea

KSA-Jordan
S.Korea-Iraq/Japan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom