What's new

The bearded man: Is Pakistan Army helping China deal with India's mountain warfare forces at LAC?

its not the beard but the wink with a mischievous smile by that soldier particularly when the camera was focusing him giving raise to some suspicions, watch the video carefully I have time stamp the video

But at the end I must say whoever he is, he has played a perfect psychological game in this video for the 'target audience'
But that isn't how Pakistani Army soldiers salute, is it?

The PA salute involves the entire palm side of the hand facing forward, rather than the palm facing downwards as shown in the video.

But that isn't how Pakistani Army soldiers salute, is it?

The PA salute involves the entire palm side of the hand facing forward, rather than the palm facing downwards as shown in the video.
Nor I am saying he is Pakistani .... he could be a Chinese of South Asian origin ....

keep in mind all the media war b/w China and India release of photo and videos from both sides are part of psychological warfare against each other and and China is leading in this since the release of the pic captured Indian soldiers ..... SO this video is also part of this game

A typical Chinese style of winning the war without fighting ....

Breaded man in PLA!! Two men talking over phone in Azerbaijan about presence of Pakistani troops!! :D :D

This is even breaking India own standards when it comes to be absolute morons.

It's official, the "bearded man" is from Uighur minority.

1602188960499.png

If he was Pakistani and this is trying to "send a message", then surely they would make it more obvious? Like not singing the Chinese song, different uniform, or a palm outward salute like they teach in PA.

I think he is probably Western Chinese, and has just been allowed to grow a short beard.

That's exactly the same question in my mind, usually, NO, you can't have a beard in PLA, but those people are naturally very hairy, since those border guards station and patrol the border at 5400m, missing a day or two shaving time a beard may just grow out.
View attachment 676545

Could it be that the PLA is being sensitive to their Islamic traditions?
Once the loyalty to the nation is beyond doubt, perhaps PLA allows you space on some matters?

Once the loyalty to the nation is beyond doubt, perhaps PLA allows you space on some matters?

According to the weibo post @Dungeness linked, it's simply because his facial hair grow too fast. The article is written by a former military academy classmate and posted by Xinjiang Military Region's official account, so pretty credible.

When bearded bro was just a cadet, he had a bet with his instructor that he could grow longer facial hair in two days than the instructor could in a week. The instructor lost.

Even if he shaved earlier in the morning he probably would have a full beard by the afternoon.

Couple of things
1. Its not natural growth of beard rather a gotti you can see the lining which requires extra attention if you want such fine straight line.
2. Him trying to keep up with words that are being spoken.
3. Passion in singing, I noticed that he is not as passionate about singing as rest of the bunch.
4. His calmness and rest of soldiers look young and bit nervous and he doesn't excited or is good at hiding the nerves. He seems comfortable to the terrain and surroundings.
5. His body language smile is different from rest of the soldiers even if you look past the beard there does seem a difference between him and rest of the bunch.
Just my thoughts

When bearded bro was just a cadet, he had a bet with his instructor that he could grow longer facial hair in two days than the instructor could in a week. The instructor lost.

Even if he shaved earlier in the morning he probably would have a full beard by the afternoon.

That is no way possible, It would never grow that much in a day for sure and even two days. Plus his beard is shapely. Whatever the reason, it isn't the one you gave, or by @OppositeDay.

There is nothing wrong with facial hair, in-fact I think it is good and progressive of PLA if it makes room for certain things. I was only wondering. Hair isn't important, making room for your ethnic minorities in the security setup is important, as they will feel more secure within their own country.

That is no way possible, It would never grow that much in a day for sure and even two days. Plus his beard is shapely. Whatever the reason, it isn't the one you gave, or by @OppositeDay.

There is nothing wrong with facial hair, in-fact I think it is good and progressive of PLA if it makes room for certain things. I was only wondering. Hair isn't important, making room for your ethnic minorities in the security setup is important, as they will feel more secure within their own country.

Facial hair is a sign masculinity. Soldiers of old use to fashion them, in Afghan culture a red long beard is a sign of bravery.

Without a beard it’s like a virgin running in the battle field.

His name is 麦吾兰, an Uighur PLA lieutenant, as for the beard, he explained it grows so fast and he didn't get time to shave it.

微信图片_20201010212923.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom