What's new

The Atlantique Incident

well i respect that mute PM he is peace loving fella

You are gonna love him as he will not say a word even if you guys come over to Delhi and knock localities down!! I respect him as an economist but as a PM he is a big time failure. Bottom line - we don't need a remote controlled device seated at the most important decision taking post.

Perhaps this particular Pakistani plane was just at wrong place at the wrong time(so soon after Pakistani intrusion in Kargil.)

But it still beg the question, what is a Naval reconnaissance plane doing so close to the Indian border?

Today is the 14th anniversary of the Atlantique Incident (August 10, 1999). The Atlantique Incident was an event in which a Pakistan Navy's Naval Air Arm Breguet Atlantique patrol plane, carrying 16 people on board, was shot down by the Indian Air Force for alleged violation of airspace. The episode took place in the Rann of Kutch on 10th August 1999, just a month after the Kargil War, creating a tense atmosphere between India and Pakistan.

Atlantique incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

c02352609ab1ede2b1589401f68e_grande.jpg

230px-Sir-Creek-locator.svg.png

I want to ask one thing that:

Does Pakistan has good Air Defence(Low, Medium and High Altitude) in the Sindh region which is connecting with India and also in the Maritime zone???

I think we should build a separate for of Air-Surface Defence along side our Border from Army, Navy and Air Force, having Air Defence(Low, Medium and High Altitude) as well as in Maritime to have Surface defence along with some submerge defence too with Torpedoes.

:pakistan:

anyone peddling arguments that the Atlantique is an "unarmed airline sized plane" piddles lies for a living
it is very much an armed platform
0h3j.jpg

Upon being intercepted in Indian Airspace, if it was an accidental ingress, the pilot would have lowered its under-carriage to display its benign intentions. The fact that this potentially armed aircraft refused to do so, betrayed any innocent motives.

The actions of the aircraft & its crews were clearly hostile & intentional, & the Indian pilots acted in complete accordance with Internationally accepted norms of Rules of Engagement

The fact that the PAF crew ceased to breathe subsequently was the will of Allah.

Can anything happen to a Muslim without Allah's approval or intent?

It would be far better for the PN to have ordered in 1990s a tailored version of:
11 Saab-2000 MPA
11 Saab-340 MPA

Both having weapons capability under fuselage as well as under wings too. I am sure that PAF might also ordered some for transport wing as well as for surveillance wings as well. And try to sell the F-27 Foker to PIA and Atlantique to France or other operators in parts or as a plane.

There is no such thing as karma... the 16 who died did not do any bad karma.. nor those who die on line of duty everyday.. in India but more so in pakistan.
They are all govt servant, please dont attach any motive to their action.

Its a sad incident, lets leave it there.

I disagree, Karma is a quite religiously bigger term.

Leave it there.

No further details emerged. Whether a warning was given? Whether the aircraft was asked to turn back? Whether it was asked to divert to an Indian airport? Whether there was any contact made on the hotline?
etc

Basically, all we know is that the aircraft strayed too close to the IB and then the Mig shot it down with the wreckage falling over Pakistani soil.

And it was war time just after Kargil and it was warned well in advance to divert. Instead they tried to get back to Pak air space.

Remember PAF kill on Gujrat FM's jet during war time? The pilot even pleaded to the PAF pilot not to shot as it is a civilian plane and did everything to show as surrender but it was shot down.

you have hit bulls eye with your comment here bro !

Rest in peace brave warriors

Does the law of karma also apply to 30 odd policemen died recently in pakistan too? what was their fault? They were simply attending a funeral.

They were catalysts, karma will work later.

Back
Top Bottom