What's new

The Armor Division of Pakistan Army

MBT Type in them ?

Panzerkiel won't tell but this is truly strange. The established position here in PDF is that PA is short of tanks. But where did these sudden increase in tanks come from?

Here are some possibilities:
1. AKs are being produced in numbers greater than is advertised
2. Type 59s are being imported from China and converted to AZs
3. T-80Us are being procured from Eastern Europe / Russia, with an engine change
4. All of this is just misinformation PK is feeding us on the basis of Sun Tzu's "appear strong when weak"
5. Someone bought T-72Bs upgraded from Russia being kept quiet to avoid CAATSA. There was some rumour of Pak interest in this at Pakdef last it was active.
6. There is a new AK Lite being churned out in numbers

Was just pouring through SIPRI. Pakistan has imported about 945 diesel engines from Ukraine over the past decade or so. And a very large number of M113s which is @PanzerKiel 's favorite armoured vehicle ;)

M-109 and VCC/M-113 to go with MBTs

But the question still remains, what MBTs are these?
M113s should help build the mechanized infantry similar to RAPID but the tanks Panzerkiel is hinting at is still a mystery. 945 engines. Where did these engines go? How many just replaced T-59 engines, and how many created new units?

What are indian armored assets that will deal with the above mentioned our armored assets on corps level e.g. what our 2nd corps and 6th corps will face from Indian side. The comparison will draw a clear picture where we are ahead and where we need more in terms of numbers

MBT Type in them ?

Same ones which we already having.

But the question still remains, what MBTs are these?
M113s should help build the mechanized infantry similar to RAPID but the tanks Panzerkiel is hinting at is still a mystery. 945 engines. Where did these engines go? How many just replaced T-59 engines, and how many created new units?

Paradox, isnt it. Lets see which conclusion we arrive at.

What are indian armored assets that will deal with the above mentioned our armored assets on corps level e.g. what our 2nd corps and 6th corps will face from Indian side. The comparison will draw a clear picture where we are ahead and where we need more in terms of numbers

6th Corps?

Same ones which we already having.

Paradox, isnt it. Lets see which conclusion we arrive at.

6th Corps?

If the answer is a simple one, it is simply that no tanks were retired while the nearly 500 AKs increased the total number of tanks deployed.

If the answer is more complex, it is that China sent tanks during the standoff.

It could be a mix of both.

Panzerkiel won't tell but this is truly strange. The established position here in PDF is that PA is short of tanks. But where did these sudden increase in tanks come from?

Here are some possibilities:
1. AKs are being produced in numbers greater than is advertised
2. Type 59s are being imported from China and converted to AZs
3. T-80Us are being procured from Eastern Europe / Russia, with an engine change
4. All of this is just misinformation PK is feeding us on the basis of Sun Tzu's "appear strong when weak"
5. Someone bought T-72Bs upgraded from Russia being kept quiet to avoid CAATSA. There was some rumour of Pak interest in this at Pakdef last it was active.
6. There is a new AK Lite being churned out in numbers

Was just pouring through SIPRI. Pakistan has imported about 945 diesel engines from Ukraine over the past decade or so. And a very large number of M113s which is @PanzerKiel 's favorite armoured vehicle ;)

Initially, these newly raised armoured brigades had 2× AR + 1× MIB each but subsequently the no. of bdes was doubled by removing 1× AR and adding 1× MIB to the previously raised bdes (the second phase involved conversion of infantry brigades).

The result is, from 2020, all but one of these brigades are redesignated mechanized - 1× AR + 2× MIB each. And assigned to infantry divisions.

Initially, these newly raised armoured brigades had 2× AR + 1× MIB each but subsequently the no. of bdes was doubled by removing 1× AR and adding 1× MIB to the previously raised bdes (the second phase involved conversion of infantry brigades).

The result is, from 2020, all but one of these brigades are redesignated mechanized - 1× AR + 2× MIB each. And assigned to infantry divisions.

Actually, its more of a mix...mix of 2+2, 2+1, and 1 +2..keeping in view their assigned roles and areas where they have to operate.

Interesting. I was looking through SIPRI and it seems Pak has accumulated nearly 3000 M113s. That's a huge sum. And spare parts and engines to boot. I see how these have come into play.

@PanzerKiel I hope we aren't giving anything away the Indians don't know. Some of their generals are pretty dumb it seems, they don't read their own intel properly and rely on ghost browsing through PDF :P

I say so because the number of guests justs jumps suddenly when something interesting is written. I think @Signalian notices this too.

Do the T-80UD of 1st armour division have duplet ERA or kontakt-5 equivalent?

@PanzerKiel I hope we aren't giving anything away the Indians don't know. Some of their generals are pretty dumb it seems, they don't read their own intel properly and rely on ghost browsing through PDF :P
I say so because the number of guests justs jumps suddenly when something interesting is written. I think @Signalian notices this too.

Yeah, i have noticed that as well. Dont worry though regarding release of info. They are being fed whatever is desired.

Don't tell me that the news of Serbian T-55 tanks fits in it.

Those are probably for FC, why would they buy "upgraded" T-55s when they can do it here.
Or maybe something else is brewing ...

Interesting. I was looking through SIPRI and it seems Pak has accumulated nearly 3000 M113s. That's a huge sum. And spare parts and engines to boot. I see how these have come into play.

Higher actually. Besides US & Italy, PA even converted M106A2's acquired from Jordan into APCs. :D

Don't tell me that the news of Serbian T-55 tanks fits in it.

No, these use the existing types.

However, M109L's do fit here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom