8946248918_2d87b8d962_b.jpg

غابة المانجروف by Tayseer Alabyadh, on Flickr

35d4vgk.jpg

2w35clg.jpg

2gua1q8.jpg

280ocuv.jpg

Breathtaking really.

Morocco:

University of al-Qarawiyyin founded in the year 859.

"It is the oldest existing and continually operating educational institution in the world according to UNESCO and Guinness World Records[5] and is sometimes referred to as the oldest university, although some scholars dispute whether the term can be properly applied historically to institutions outside the European model.[6]"

University of al-Qarawiyyin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mosque and university Al-Qarawiyyin, Fez, Morocco
by ZL-Photography, on Flickr

Fez Morocco by Chico Boomba, on Flickr

Preparations for prayer
by [P]hotogr[AV] (on/off), on Flickr

ablutions à l'intérieur de la mosquée Al-Karaouine by Pierre Metivier, on Flickr

جامعة القرويين by Pierre Metivier, on Flickr

The Al-Qarawiyyin Mosque by skysa, on Flickr

7441415294_bea4c90de6_b.jpg

the Karaouine mosque by Khraym The Cheetah, on Flickr

The university was founded by Fatima Al-Fihri Al-Quraysh nearly 1200 years ago!

Fatima al-Fihri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Syria:

The majestic Umayyad Mosque in Damascus named after the Umayyad Caliphate which was the largest Islamic Caliphate and Muslim empire in history and the 5th largest empire in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_Caliphate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_Mosque

The Umayyad Mosque الجامع الاموي !
by Bashar Shglila, on Flickr

The Umayyad Mosque !
by Bashar Shglila, on Flickr

2966741040_1f67f91985_z.jpg

Damascus, Umayyad Mosque by Arian Zwegers, on Flickr

Umayyad Mosque, Damascus, Syria by birklund, on Flickr

DSC_2081 Damascus (Syria) Umayyad Mosque - the Great Mosque of Damascus ( جامع بني أمية الكبير‎) by tango-, on Flickr

Interior of Umayyad Mosque in Damascus by Bob Griffin, on Flickr

.Umayyad Mosque in Damascus - Syrian Arab Republic by علي الحسين, on Flickr

May Allah (swt) give peace to our brothers and sisters in Syria.

Syria:

Damascus, along with Byblos, the two oldest continuously inhabited cities on the planet.

Damascus Panorama by Dan Harrison, on Flickr

Damascus is a pearl in the Arab world and one of our historical and cultural centers. I will never forget the hospitality of the locals and the soul of Damascus. You breath history with each step like in most of the Arab world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus

Darwishiyya Mosque in Damascus by علي الحسين, on Flickr

Damascus, Syria by jason_harman, on Flickr

2439265834_4a242b171f_b.jpg

They are all blind.

Great Mosque of Aleppo - Syria. جامع بني أمية بحلب ,جامع حلب الكبير by R.Azhari, on Flickr

Latakia - Syria,What a dream ...! by R.Azhari, on Flickr

Palmyra by Mohamad Yaser Azrak, on Flickr

Palmyra, Syria. by Richard McManus, on Flickr

To be continued another time.

@Dr.Thrax @Syrian Lion

Where are all my fellow Arab brothers and sisters? The exodus has been enormous.:cry:

Praise to Allah as I see the only beautiful building in our Arab world are Mosques.

Praise to Allah as I see the only beautiful building in our Arab world are Mosques.

Are you kidding me or have you become blind?:cuckoo: The Arab world, which is home to almost 100 World UNESCO Heritage Sites alone, home to arguably the most famous historical monuments and hundreds if not thousands of well-kept cities, towns and villages, has only beautiful mosques to offer? Despite being famous for its architecture and the above mentioned facts? I am afraid that your theory is ridiculous which this thread clearly confirms. No offense.

Bahrain:

Bahrain Fort by hqasem, on Flickr

Founded in 2300 BC. It's first foundations were founded by the native and ancient Semitic Dilmun civilization. It's a World UNESCO Heritage Site today. Many sites are found in Eastern Arabia (KSA and Bahrain).

Qal'at al-Bahrain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilmun

Oman:

Oman is famous for its hundreds of well kept forts and castles. Here are a few.

98a140d17e1f09c5d50f735d58a0adee-jpg.117692

Muttrah Corniche #2
by momentaryawe.com, on Flickr

Nizwa Town ولاية نزوى
by digitalazia, on Flickr

@ 200m high... Nakhal Fort in a cloudy day! by Beauty Eye, on Flickr

Ittin, Salalah, Dhofar by Shanfari.net, on Flickr

Oman 09 by Toni.P, on Flickr

Infinity pool by CruisAir, on Flickr

Last edited:
Are you kidding me or have you become blind?:cuckoo: The Arab world, which is home to almost 100 World UNESCO Heritage Sites alone, home to arguably the most famous historical monuments and hundreds if not thousands of well-kept cities, towns and villages, has only beautiful mosques to offer? Despite being famous for its architecture and the above mentioned facts? I am afraid that your theory is ridiculous which this thread clearly confirms. No offense.

Bahrain:

Bahrain Fort by hqasem, on Flickr

Founded in 2300 BC. It's first foundations were founded by the native and ancient Semitic Dilmun civilization. It's a World UNESCO Heritage Site today. Many sites are found in Eastern Arabia (KSA and Bahrain).

Qal'at al-Bahrain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilmun

Oman:

Oman is famous for its hundreds of well kept forts and castles. Here are a few.

98a140d17e1f09c5d50f735d58a0adee-jpg.117692

Muttrah Corniche #2
by momentaryawe.com, on Flickr

Nizwa Town ولاية نزوى
by digitalazia, on Flickr

@ 200m high... Nakhal Fort in a cloudy day! by Beauty Eye, on Flickr

Ittin, Salalah, Dhofar by Shanfari.net, on Flickr

Oman 09 by Toni.P, on Flickr

Infinity pool by CruisAir, on Flickr
You got me wrong I meant our cities not our heritage that's something else by the way terrorists destroying it in Iraq and Syria thanks to.........?.

Ok there are some arab citiers in the gulf have some nice building and so and also our capitals also have some nice buildings but the rest as you know not any better than any poor african country!!!!.

Let me make you happy when we saw RAFHA the first time we really impressed by it it was way better than our one million residents NAJAF those days.

You got me wrong I meant our cities not our heritage that's something else by the way terrorists destroying it in Iraq and Syria thanks to.........?.

Ok there are some arab citiers in the gulf have some nice building and so and also our capitals also have some nice buildings but the rest as you know not any better than any poor african country!!!!.

Let me make you happy when we saw RAFHA the first time we really impressed by it it was way better than our one million residents NAJAF those days.

You are looking at this from the perspective of Southern Iraq which unfortunately has been impoverished and neglected for too long, Malik. Recent wars also had a lot to say here. But even in Southern Iraq there are many beautiful cities, towns and villages that are well-kept such as Najaf, Karbala, Basra etc. Do you honestly think that you cannot find neglected cities in other Muslim countries? They are mostly much worse off than we are!

Let me give you an example here. Yemen is even poorer than Iraq but almost every single city, village and town is a thing of beauty there due to the unique beautiful architecture and well-kept buildings. Same story in most of KSA, Oman, the smaller GCC states, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Lebanon etc. Not to mention many other countries.

What you saw in KSA is nothing special. Rafha is one of the most boring cities in KSA. Even in the Northern Province there are many more interesting cities. You saw nothing of the country I am afraid. I hope that you will get to see much more one day when the country opens up for tourists so you could combine it with Hajj or Umrah for example. Back to thread.

Tunisia:

The ancient site of Carthage built by one of the many ancient Semitic peoples, the Phoenicians.
The famous military commander Hannibal (247 – 183/182/181 BC) was of Phoenician origin (Punic Carthaginian) himself.

Hannibal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2862587077_3e3148865d_b.jpg

Carthage by Stephen Downes, on Flickr

Tunisia-2739 - Looking Down from the Top by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-2758 - Temple of Mercury by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-3328 - El Djem Amphitheater by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Sidi Bou Said, Tunis. by usaid.d800, on Flickr

Tunisia-3242 - Dying to see the Ribat by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-3420 - Bab Diwan Gate by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom