What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

kf53.png
kf532.png
kf533.png
kf534.png

"
what foreign threats does Algeria face???

The defence budget and everything else related to fighting against terrorism, equals a budget of 20 billion USD for 2015:

I quote - article from China - 31st December 2014 (Three days ago)

Defense and security sectors were allowed a budget worth nearly 20 billion dollars, to face security challenges, including terrorism and organized crime.

Algeria president signs Budget Law for 2015 - China.org.cn

Who's Algeria's enemy/enemies ? Regime in Morocco (that is occupying Western Sahara, which is the same way Israel is terrorizing Palestine), and there is always Imperial NATO Terrorist Alliance that destroyed Iraq and Libya - and is destroying Syria by proxies. They already tried once in the 1990s, and they would propably try again, just as they tried twice to destroy Iraq (1991 and 2003) before it was done. Also the same way Libya was bombed (first in 1986, then in 2011, before the country was destroyed).

So I hope that answered your question regarding Algeria's enemies.

So how much you paid for the C28A if you know.

Around 150 million USD for each is the estimate. Type 054A frigate costs around 250 million USD, and C28A is slightly below Type 054A, but it will feature many of 054A components and capabilities.

The defence budget and everything else related to fighting against terrorism, equals a budget of 20 billion USD for 2015:

Algeria president signs Budget Law for 2015 - China.org.cn

Who's Algeria's enemy/enemies ? Regime in Morocco (that is occupying Western Sahara, which is the same way Israel is terrorizing Palestine), and there is always Imperial NATO Terrorist Alliance that destroyed Iraq and Libya - and is destroying Syria by proxies.
Algeria doesn't consider Morocco as an enemy although Morocco does consider Algeria as an enemy and all her actions for the past 15 years are anything but friendly, from drug dumping to abating terrorism. Morocco was also given the same role by the GCC as they did to Jordan to destabilize the region.

Algeria doesn't consider Morocco as an enemy although Morocco does consider Algeria as an enemy and all her actions for the past 15 years are anything but friendly, from drug dumping to abating terrorism. Morocco was also given the same role by the GCC as they did to Jordan to destabilize the region.

Yes, you're right. I forgot for a second to mention the terrorist epi-center itself - the GCC. And Morocco is also declared as U.S. major non-NATO ally (MNNA).

Algeria has to continue to build up it's arsenal, and continue to develop it's strategic partnership with China, Russia and other Algeria-friendly nations.

We may never know the cost of each C28A, the lid on what China signed on will be kept tight. Hard to say if there is corruption or not, since the contracts are state to state with no intermediaries. the same with Russia.
OK, the deal is we have Vietnam who puchased 6 for 2 billions that.s 333 million a piece. There may be something hidden in that deal.
any way Algeria bulding its power in silent which is good for it except there air force still small share us some info if there is new deal for the airforce thanks.

Nice one, looks great. when will this join the Algerian navy?:-)
C28A is joining in the summer (the first one). Second one, later this year. First MEKO will join by the end of 2015.

LPD will join the fleet this April of 2015 - and 5th Kilo-class SSK will be delivered sometime next year.

Nice one, looks great. when will this join the Algerian navy?:-)
OK, the deal is we have Vietnam who puchased 6 for 2 billions that.s 333 million a piece. There may be something hidden in that deal.
any way Algeria bulding its power in silent which is good for it except there air force still small share us some info if there is new deal for the airforce thanks.

Air Force is small, but it's working. It's not like other states in the Middle East that have like 200 "shiny toys" and berely 20% of them actually ready for combat - and totally dependent of the Western assistance.

Algeria has 44 Su-30MKA which are modern, and 16 advanced Yak-130 trainers. MiG-29, Su-24 and MiG-25 will be replaced in a few years, as the air force is looking into different aircraft - everything from Su-35 to JF-17 upgraded blocks.

Furthermore, Russia is estimating that Algeria will be customer for their PAK-FA sometime between 2025 - 2030. But in the meantime, Algeria will get other aircraft. They are looking at Su-34 aswell (to replace Su-24).

Don't forget that Algeria has S-300PMU2 strategic SAMs, with 200 KM range, so they are very deadly. No other Arab or Muslim country has that system, except Azerbaidsjan that has two of them, but Algeria has more (between 4 and 6). When S-400 is released for exports, Algeria will also target these systems and buy them - again being most likely the only one getting them - besides possibly China, India and Vietnam.

C28A is joining in the summer (the first one). Second one, later this year. First MEKO will join by the end of 2015.

LPD will join the fleet this April of 2015 - and 5th Kilo-class SSK will be delivered sometime next year.

Air Force is small, but it's working. It's not like other states in the Middle East that have like 200 "shiny toys" and berely 20% of them actually ready for combat - and totally dependent of the Western assistance.

Algeria has 44 Su-30MKA which are modern, and 16 advanced Yak-130 trainers. MiG-29, Su-24 and MiG-25 will be replaced in a few years, as the air force is looking into different aircraft - everything from Su-35 to JF-17 upgraded blocks.

Furthermore, Russia is estimating that Algeria will be customer for their PAK-FA sometime between 2025 - 2030. But in the meantime, Algeria will get other aircraft. They are looking at Su-34 aswell (to replace Su-24).

Don't forget that Algeria has S-300PMU2 strategic SAMs, with 200 KM range, so they are very deadly. No other Arab or Muslim country has that system, except Azerbaidsjan that has two of them, but Algeria has more (between 4 and 6). When S-400 is released for exports, Algeria will also target these systems and buy them - again being most likely the only one getting them - besides possibly China, India and Vietnam.

Cool , Algeria seems to be arming itself quite well these coming years. And you people seem to be procuring your weapons from several different sources i.e Russia, Germany, France, Italy, China, U.S(not sure), Britain.

ALso it seems Algeria has issues/problems/rivalry with Morocco. I noticed both of you are by far the largest importers of weapons in Africa, with over 50% of the continents arms imports.:o: Thats like an arms race if you ask me.:what:

Morocco, Algeria, Top Africa’s Arms Importers: Report | Morocco World News

hi
I still ask ,
how many aircrafts should we have to donot be considerer as small air force ?!!!!!.?
300, 600 or maybe 2000 like US air force ....
I repeat
1- spain : 82 f18 + 43 typhoon =125
2- italy : 80 tornado + 72 typhoon = 150
3- germany : 80 tonado + 120 typhoon = 200

4 - algeria: 44 Su30 + 40 mig29 + 22 Nig25 + 32 Su24 ( + 36 Su30 + 32 Su34 ordred) =140
we are almost equal to italy and spain ; so why we are considred small?
and for your information if AAF considers mig21 and mig23 in its inventory we will have almost 440 air craft

hi
I still ask ,
how many aircrafts should we have to donot be considerer as small air force ?!!!!!.?
I repeat

4 - algeria: 44 Su30 + 40 mig29 + 22 Nig25 + 32 Su24 ( + 36 Su30 + 32 Su34 ordred) =140
and for your information if AAF considers mig21 and mig23 in its inventory we will have almost 440 air craft
Well I thing at least 250 to 300 would make really good Air Force

hi
I still ask ,
I repeat

pakistan
what pakistan really have ?!!!!!
60F16 almost all block15 updated last years by TAI
and infinity of mirage 3,5
and all the parc of chinnese retired f7(mig21)

do uou really consider this strong air force
stop kiding ....

its a gift for you brother " CHEB KHALED clip"

The arrogance.

Any other ME nation operating western aircraft will always have higher operational readiness than the AAF. The reason is simple, the service life of eastern air frames and engines isn't as long their western counterparts, meaning the AAF will either resort to flying less (Nato standards being around or above 200 hours a year depending on type) or accepting that the service life of their new aircraft will be shorter than what the Russians have stated.

The eastern aircraft in the AAFs inventory will spend more time undergoing overhauls and engine replacements (meaning less flying time) and thus the combat (or operational) readiness of the AAF will not be comparable to that of any other force in the region operating western air craft.

As for being totally dependent on western assistance, the AAF is more so reliant on eastern assistance, as it also lacks the facilities and the infrastructure to overhaul its air crafts or produce spare parts, whereas some of the forces in the region have some of these capabilities or are actively pursuing them. On a side note, I have seen more foreign contractors and advisors pictured in this thread than any of the others on this section.

Don't forget that Algeria has S-300PMU2 strategic SAMs, with 200 KM range, so they are very deadly. No other Arab or Muslim country has that system, except Azerbaidsjan that has two of them, but Algeria has more (between 4 and 6).

Egypt now operates the S-300VM (V4).

Algeria lacks a modern multilayered air defence system, apart from the S-300 and Pantsir (plus the upgraded Shilka in some cases) the rest of the SAM systems are obsolete (and were second rate 50 years ago to begin with). modern short/medium range low/medium altitude platforms (Buk and Tor etc.) would have been ideal.

pakistan
what pakistan really have ?!!!!!
60F16 almost all block15 updated last years by TAI
and infinity of mirage 3,5
and all the parc of chinnese retired f7(mig21)

do uou really consider this strong air force
stop kiding ....

Again, arrogant and totally wrong.

Pakistan understands the modern combat environment which requires combined arms operations in a net centric environment. Algeria does not, hence the lack of dedicated AWAC/ELINT/SIGNIT and maritime patrol air craft and recon satellites.

Pakistan also has some of the best trained pilots and airmen in the world as a result of decades of combat experience (of which the AAF has none) and exercises with some of the worlds best AFs. However, unlike some of the worlds other top AFs that have not seen combat such as the Singaporean AF the AAF has isolated itself from the world, it does not participate in large scale international exercises which simulate realistic warfare scenarios.

However, you're rapidly adding potent platforms and are steadily learning what is required in the modern battlefield.

The arrogance.

Any other ME nation operating western aircraft will always have higher operational readiness than the AAF. The reason is simple, the service

As for being totally dependent on western assistance, the AAF is more so reliant on eastern assistance, as it also lacks the facilities and the infrastructure to overhaul its air crafts or produce spare parts, whereas some of the forces in the region have some of these capabilities or are actively pursuing them. On a side note, I have seen more foreign contractors and advisors pictured in this thread than any of the others on this section.

Egypt now operates the S-300VM (V4).

Algeria lacks a modern multilayered air defence system, apart from the S-300 and Pantsir (plus the upgraded Shilka in some cases) the rest of the SAM systems are obsolete (and were second rate 50 years ago to begin with). modern short/medium range low/medium altitude platforms (Buk and Tor etc.

Lol, arrogance ? The only arrogance I have noticed is the one from you and other GCC fanboys. I have no reason to be arrogant at all - I am just stating the facts.

It is well-known that several Arab countries with their air forces does not have high combat readiness - and they are massively dependent on Western assistance.

You shouldn't worry about AAF at all. Your air force should rather worry about Israel - which can rape your air force in a couple of days (as always, no matter what fighters Egypt might have).

Algeria on the other hand is concentrated on terrorism, defending it's air space, having a "eye" on the regime in Morocco, and building its air force with its own pace.

Afterall, Algeria at least have their own money (190 billion USD in reserves) compared to another certain country that has to wait for the money from GCC terrorist regimes to fund their weapons purchases.

You don't understand what "reliant" means. It means that the West - or the U.S. especially will always choose Israel over any of your other states in the Middle East. Meaning, that you can never use your air force against Israel FREELY, EVER - because the U.S. would do what they did to Iran after 1979 and Venezuela since the 1990s. Full-scale embargo and sanctions on any possible Western tech or spare parts for their Western aircraft (Iranian F-14s and Venezuelan F-16s).

Algeria on the other hand doesn't need to "watch out" for Israel, as they're too far away, so that's not Algeria's problem. That should be Egypt, Jordan and GCC's problem - if they can soon stop killing other secular states in the Middle East by supporting terrorist groups.

Second of all - Algeria would never be sanctioned by Russia on any spare parts or the aircraft as Algeria does NOT have ANY Russian ally that Algeria has "problems" with. The only problems Algeria has with are U.S./Western allies + islamic terrorism, thus Russia or China have ZERO reason to sanction Algeria in any way.

Russia or China will never choose Morocco over Algeria, or Libya (whatever is left of it) over Algeria or France over Algeria - especially after what France did now to Russia regarding it's Mistral deal.

So Algeria has nothing to worry about in this regard. Your Western-dominated air force on the other hand should worry, as it can NEVER be used FULLY against your main enemy - Israel.

Yes, Egypt operates now S-300 VM, you can THANK Russia for that. Finally you have a SAM now that can be used freely, and won't be sanctioned by the U.S.

How nice of the U.S. to finally deliver some Apaches to you, they were holding back now for a while, until the last week or so, lol lol.

Furthermore I was talking about S-300PMU2 and not S-300VM. Most prefer to receive PMU2 over VM version. Iran didn't wanted VM version either, when they were offered that instead of PMU2, last year.

And S-400 is something Egypt is never going to get, but Algeria will. Same goes for PAK-FA fighter which Russia plans to export to Algeria when the time comes. I cannot see that Egypt will be allowed to operate PAK-FA or F-35 about 10 years from now on.

So S-300PMU2 with Pantsir S-1 is very good for now as it is, while S-400 will be offered very soon. It's always nice to have over 190 billion USD in cash you know. I guess that should be enough for a few S-400 ? LOOL :)

Negotiations with Russia over setting up service centers for S-400 in Algeria is under discussion.

I quote:

Russian air defense systems manufacturer Almaz-Antei is in talks over setting up service centers in Algeria, Vietnam, India and China, a company official said at the Oboronexpo 2014 arms exhibition on Friday.

TASS: Russia - Russia's latest air defense system S-400 licensed for export

Anyway, good luck with your Egyptian Air Force against superior Israeli air power with Israeli-upgraded F-35s + Israeli subs with cruise-missiles. I am sure Egyptian Air Force will last about six days as they did last time.

Back
Top Bottom