What's new

The Afghan endgame, & the potential players

The result of removing Mr MO from the list of most wanted individuals in the FBI, and the 2014 deadline, proved that the Pakistani policy of watching and waiting was right from the start. The endgame is approaching Afghan will be squarely back in our orbit of influence.

Most indians don't realize that Afghanistan relies on almost everything - including food grains from Pakistan, and also the ethnic and religious links always made sure we would have the most influence.

i call it as i see it mate, american invade a country, put in a puppet regime, encourage india to sign a few deals with puppet regime and now that has pointed out to you you want to go off topic. Your "peace efforts" are not peace efforts they are allowing a white outsider to interfere, just remember they have supplied us those weapons that are aimed at india???

i remember everything, but that doesn't mean that india will forget its own interests just to have some payback with US........moreover, if US is an outsider for afghanistan, then wat the hell is pakistan????/ pakistan should stop considering afghanistan as one of its provinces.....

Did USA create the core issue of Kashmir, or your own state of residence, i.e. UK? Why blame us?

well thats india and pakistans problem and we indians and pakistanis are fully awre that we need to resolve it. I mean when america has problems with mexico do they ask us or indians to go wind one side up one day then wind the other side up. Its known as divide and rule.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

i remember everything, but that doesn't mean that india will forget its own interests just to have some payback with US........moreover, if US is an outsider for afghanistan, then wat the hell is pakistan????/ pakistan should stop considering afghanistan as one of its provinces.....

we both india and pakistanis need to give afghanis space to do their own thing and elect their own govt without interference from india or pakistan and then welcome them after all india and pakistan look as if they are going to join sco, we then ask afghanis to join along with iranians and then concentrate on peace and development and feed our respective peoples

well thats india and pakistans problem and we indians and pakistanis are fully awre that we need to resolve it. I mean when america has problems with mexico do they ask us or indians to go wind one side up one day then wind the other side up. Its known as divide and rule.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

we both india and pakistanis need to give afghanis space to do their own thing and elect their own govt without interference from india or pakistan and then welcome them after all india and pakistan look as if they are going to join sco, we then ask afghanis to join along with iranians and then concentrate on peace and development and feed our respective peoples

and midst these talks of pakistani influence on afghanistan how do u think it is possible?? how do u think we can ensure that there is no interference from any outside country?????

well thats india and pakistans problem and we indians and pakistanis are fully awre that we need to resolve it. ...................

Yes, but with a history of several wars, and now a low grade war-by-proxy between two nuclear-armed states, it does become the entire world's problem too, does it not, specially given the lack of progress so far on Kashmir (no matter whose fault) and increasing deterioration of state institutions within Pakistan?

Yes, but with a history of several wars, and now a low grade war-by-proxy between two nuclear-armed states, it does become the entire world's problem too, does it not, specially given the lack of progress so far on Kashmir (no matter whose fault) and increasing deterioration of state institutions within Pakistan?

US should remain away from kashmir, we never told them how to handle iran....

Well americans could have stopped pakistan from getting nukes in the eighties but they didnt. Anyway americans are not known for bringing peace ask iraqis. They are used to bringing lies (WMD) and killing into an area.

The only reason they are in afghanistan at all now is to see what they can steal from the neighbourhood through their corporations

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

I am not.. I am telling you that making sweeping statements doesnt prove a point..

PS: Hey, didnt realize.. Just made senior member :)

congrats mate well done.

The result of removing Mr MO from the list of most wanted individuals in the FBI, and the 2014 deadline, proved that the Pakistani policy of watching and waiting was right from the start. The endgame is approaching Afghan will be squarely back in our orbit of influence.

Most indians don't realize that Afghanistan relies on almost everything - including food grains from Pakistan, and also the ethnic and religious links always made sure we would have the most influence.

Indians don't have a problem with Pakistan's influence in Afghanistan, but Pakistanis have a huge issue with India's.

We all can observe and make up our minds, no matter how much the broken record keeps playing.

Well americans could have stopped pakistan from getting nukes in the eighties but they didnt. ......................

Why do you think that was? Was it to ensure a semblance of deterrence, or to provide more horrific tools to kill non-white people? I would submit that is is the former, not the latter.

May I ask a clarification?

First you state this:

So why is that local terrorism a problem only for India, or am I reading that apparent contradiction incorrectly?

You are reading the sentence incorrectly (or maybe I didn't frame it well). I meant to say that if the insurgency in Pakistani Balochistan is contained successfully, & if there isn't too much problem with the insurgency in Iran, then the IP project will be successful.

Thats why we will bypass Pakistan through the Chabahar port

Afghanistan to open trade hub in Iran’s Chabahar port

Afghanistan will establish a trade hub in Iran’s southeastern Chabahar Port aiming to transit goods via Iran, the Afghan commercial attaché to Iran said.

Tehran-Kabul trade close to $2 billion - Tehran Times

India does not need to go through Pakistan in order to trade with Afghanistan :tup:

Afghanistan to open trade hub in Iran’s Chabahar port

Afghanistan will establish a trade hub in Iran’s southeastern Chabahar Port aiming to transit goods via Iran, the Afghan commercial attaché to Iran said.

Tehran-Kabul trade close to $2 billion - Tehran Times

India does not need to go through Pakistan in order to trade with Afghanistan :tup:

I have already outlined the numerous problems & difficulties that India has to face in terms of the Chabahar port, or the planned underwater pipeline with Iran in my first post of the thread.

If need to be india will carve out the passage through pakistan to afghanistan.If Afghanistan is Pakistan's strategic depth then Pakistan is India's strategic depth

No need buddy Chabahar Port will be all we need to bypass Pakistan.

India will be sending a technical team to Iran in a bid to speed up the work. According to sources, ministry of shipping had held a meeting recently in this regard.

The port can serve as India's entry point to Afghanistan, Central Asia and beyond. The port can be connected to the Zaranj-Delaram road in Afghanistan's Nimroz province, built with India’s assistance, via Milak.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I have already outlined the numerous problems & difficulties that India has to face in terms of the Chabahar port, or the planned underwater pipeline with Iran in my first post of the thread.

Such as? there are no issues with Chahabar port

I have already outlined the numerous problems & difficulties that India has to face in terms of the Chabahar port, or the planned underwater pipeline with Iran.

There are numerous problems in virtually every thing. You think IP pipeline wont have those issues?? or any other plan that Pakistan has for development in Baluchistan..

Or for that matter, if India depends on Pakistan for its trade with Afghanistan, do you think that is any thing less than manifold the issues that exist with chabbar.. The capacity of Chabbar is already 2.5 MT.. Will be 6 MT soon as the expansion project has already started.. Whats the capacity of Gwadar at the moment ??

Back
Top Bottom