What's new

Thar coal projects delayed-Dawn news

Thar coal is a mirage. Running after it will not yield anything substantive.

i humbly disagree bro... No its absolutely not a mirage... this coal is usable... may be economically not feasible on a small scale but on a industrial scale yes it is going to be feasible... if nothing else this can be mixed with imported coal up to a ratio of 30% which would not only save foreign exchange but will also generate local mining industry, jobs, transportation and handling facilities....
I am aware of many obstacles that were there and some are still there but cant share them as it wud put my peers in trouble... if nothing else then i wish that the Sindh government and bureaucracy will only let SEC and others work

i humbly disagree bro... No its absolutely not a mirage... this coal is usable... may be economically not feasible on a small scale but on a industrial scale yes it is going to be feasible... if nothing else this can be mixed with imported coal up to a ratio of 30% which would not only save foreign exchange but will also generate local mining industry, jobs, transportation and handling facilities....
I am aware of many obstacles that were there and some are still there but cant share them as it wud put my peers in trouble... if nothing else then i wish that the Sindh government and bureaucracy will only let SEC and others work

It is good that you still hope, but exploiting Thar coal is not going to be commercially feasible on any scale, large or small, given its poor quality, the lack of technical and management expertise, and competition from other sources.

It is good that you still hope, but exploiting Thar coal is not going to be commercially feasible on any scale, large or small, given its poor quality, the lack of technical and management expertise, and competition from other sources.

Ok... so let me tell u this much.. just today i found out that financial closure of this project was planned to be within next year but now it will be this year... construction of 2 plants will start simultaneously... December 2017... mark this month.. 300MW will inshallah come online followed by another 300MW after 4 months... more projects will follow
Now comes the economics... well when hubco came online the furnace oil was way to feasible as compared to today's rate.. same will happen with coal in next decade or so... these projects are economically feasible all it requires is atleast half a dozen plants working simultaneously
Lastly i know engro way too better than most if not all.... i know the people involved... high ups to even section heads... trust me they are not stupid...business minded + patriotism is embedded in them. The way old plant was debottle necked, new unit was added to even how the enven3.1 was setup is a miracle... thar will be another one. Its not patriotism, not optimism its simply being privy to a lot of information not available commonly

Ok... so let me tell u this much.. just today i found out that financial closure of this project was planned to be within next year but now it will be this year... construction of 2 plants will start simultaneously... December 2017... mark this month.. 300MW will inshallah come online followed by another 300MW after 4 months... more projects will follow
Now comes the economics... well when hubco came online the furnace oil was way to feasible as compared to today's rate.. same will happen with coal in next decade or so... these projects are economically feasible all it requires is atleast half a dozen plants working simultaneously
Lastly i know engro way too better than most if not all.... i know the people involved... high ups to even section heads... trust me they are not stupid...business minded + patriotism is embedded in them. The way old plant was debottle necked, new unit was added to even how the enven3.1 was setup is a miracle... thar will be another one. Its not patriotism, not optimism its simply being privy to a lot of information not available commonly

Okay, let us wait for any real results based on what you have said, although I doubt it very much.

Absent anything tangible thus far, I will opt to maintain my position unless something actually delivers on these claims.

yep... let time be the judge. i just pray that PPPP and its drowsy ministers and chief minister .... well... remain drowsy :)

Back
Top Bottom