What's new

Thanks Gary! Who's Next Though?

i will go for stephen flemming. a brilliabt tactician who likes to work behind the scenes. he made good use of the limited resources as captain. my vote goes for him.

Gary is great coach and will be remembered by India.

I Think we should opt for John wright if available as Next coach - I think he is currently coach of NZ team.
Or Indian coach - Kapil dev Or gavaskar Or may be Sourav ganguly.

Stephen Flemming or, Justin Langer with Donald/Wasim Akram as bowling coach..

Stephen Flemming or, Justin Langer with Donald/Wasim Akram as bowling coach..

It would be better if we get Wasim Akram than donald because he is from our backyard and has also been successful overseas too.

He could help our left armers in particular.

Why not go back to Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh? Most people forget that they were India's coaches before Gary Kirsten and they did a wonderful job!

Ideally Wasim as a bowling coach will be a perfect choice but loking at political relations among two nations its not a practical solution.

Yes, Gary was a good coach. He was a good coach because he took the trouble and the effort to understand the Indian psyche and molded himself in a way to fit into the Indian mold. He did not try to dictate terms and did not try to outshine the Indian stars. He became one of us, he became an Indian instead of trying to convert us into South Africans. When was the last time Indians ran with their coach lifted on their shoulders? That is a treatment reserved for the very few whom we accept as our own. We wish him all the best in all his future endeavors. Whoever replaces him will have to fill the really giant sized shoes that Gary left behind.

the guy did not get carried away by the media attention in a country like ours...and stuck to his business instead of giving speeches and interviews like attention hungry Chappel.

^ Thats why I say Stephen Fleming.

This guy is known as a no-nonsense, no talk, all action kind and has already proved his mettle with CSK. And in addition to this he is known as one of the shrewdest cricketing brains.

He enjoys an excellent rapport with Dhoni and that will be hugely helpful if he becomes the coach.

Back
Top Bottom