What's new

Thank you very much, Pakistan friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:.......dreaming again salim

Not quite.

Before you think I am dreaming, it is time for you to smell the coffee!

Apparently you are not keeping pace with the rapidly changing world and instead still in hibernation.

The winter is over, and it is time to wake up. Groundhogs have.

Senators demand US impose sanctions against China | Business | The Guardian

German lawmaker urges anti-China sanctions over Tibet crackdown - Irna

Paulson to meet China's new trade envoy amid concerns over Tibet, US credit crisis - International Herald Tribune

Hope it did not give you a nightmare!! ;)

Not quite.

Before you think I am dreaming, it is time for you to smell the coffee!

Apparently you are not keeping pace with the rapidly changing world and instead still in hibernation.

The winter is over, and it is time to wake up. Groundhogs have.

Senators demand US impose sanctions against China | Business | The Guardian

German lawmaker urges anti-China sanctions over Tibet crackdown - Irna

Paulson to meet China's new trade envoy amid concerns over Tibet, US credit crisis - International Herald Tribune

Hope it did not give you a nightmare!! ;)

Doesnt suprise us at all! US senators saying for sactions wow is this something to get worried about or loose sleep over it. What you are forgeting is that US is the one who is crying out loud at the first place with india following on. Considering the amount of influence that US holds over countires like germany, Japan, and now india, doesnt surprise anyone if they follow the lead. However do let us know all since you have only purpose i.e coming up with anti china articles and trolling from one thread to another, when sactions are imposed.

Salim,

1) Last week a Chinese citizen was jailed for breaching the laws by spreading destructive rumors. The jailing was not just related to criticizing the Chinese government. As far as it appears. He has a full access to legal aids. He can hire attorney to defend himself, etc.

2) Rudd's speech can be viewed fully somewhere else. It doesn't have to be through the mouthpieces.

3) "Why does the government of China think its own people are so stupid or so dangerous..." What is stupid and dangerous is just to follow a pretentious fashion without being able to deliver! The Chinese people looked around themselves, and found democratic countries like the Philippines, India, etc are probably not delivering what people are expecting. China will be democratized/whatever in its own unique way that benefits its own people. China is surrounded by hostile forces due to its unique civilization and the way it stands on its own feet. A Westerner said:"If we don't hate what we are not, we can't love what we are." - It very clearly shows the sources of the hostile!

Probably the poster of the questionnaire doesn't know that many officers are elected and are answering to the people in a Chinese way.

Here are my questions to the poster and you:

Why should you guys care so much as long as it works in China, but not care nearly as much as the ones that fail in India?

Why don't you first care about your own human rights abuses and other problems: it doesn't seem that your way of electing officers having any better performances, does it?

Won't above-posed questions stymie your guys profoundly, or your guys rather turn blind eyes to your problems, but point your feeble fingers to other countries' problems and dream change other country to a probably, in the others' eyes, inferior one? Isn't the latter activity clownishly disgusting, heinously repulsive, and flagitiously self-vilifying?

Actually it should be welcomed that people pointing out other's problems in a constructive way with good examples. But before you Indians do that, can you set China a shinier Indian example?

For instance, China has 10% illiteracy, you have 9%. It would be a perfect one. China has x number of pregnant women died yearly of negligence, you only have 0.9x. That also would be a marvelous one. etc...

Please!

What you are forgeting is that US is the one who is crying out loud at the first place with india following on.

Can you show me proof that officially GOI has condemed China or adviced China regarding Tibet.So stop posting your whims , whishes and frustration.

Considering the amount of influence that US holds over countires like germany, Japan, and now india, doesnt surprise anyone if they follow the lead.

Dosen't surprise. Do you seriously think that China is launching such a freakshow to impress Pakistanis or begging Africans. Olympics for Chinese is a show off of coming of age to the west and if they boycott or condem it then the whole show is a waste of time and energy just like Moscow Olympics.

However do let us know all since you have only purpose i.e coming up with anti china articles and trolling from one thread to another

Why not, it really irritats you dosent it? in that case ignore him or notify him instead of accusing him of trolling, in case you do have the sensibilities do reply in a sane manner .

I am afraid there are many things in life that irritates, but does it mean we commit suicide to find bliss?

A Man usually faces the challenges and finds solution. A coward takes the easy way out - suicidce!

Can you show me proof that officially GOI has condemed China or adviced China regarding Tibet.So stop posting your whims , whishes and frustration.

Ok so now it has become official. Do you guys ever give it a break to such constant trolling from one thread to another. What about the constant antichinese media campaign that is going on in the indian media. The GOI may not want to openly condemn the chinese government fearing a back lash, but with people like Dalai Lama given support and protection in india, its not hard to understand what GOI is uptoo. Only a bigot like you will try to prove otherwise.

Dosen't surprise. Do you seriously think that China is launching such a freakshow to impress Pakistanis or begging Africans. Olympics for Chinese is a show off of coming of age to the west and if they boycott or condem it then the whole show is a waste of time and energy just like Moscow Olympics.

Noone is lauching nothing except for you guys who just cannot come out of your self created paranoia and are committed to prove your point for which not even the chinese give a damn about for whom you try to be the self proclaimed voice raisers of humanrights.

Why not, it really irritats you dosent it? in that case ignore him or notify him instead of accusing him of trolling, in case you do have the sensibilities do reply in a sane manner .

No it does not irritates me. By the way the word is irritates and not irritats.

Now here an article for you Indianpakistanfriendship, since you clearly deny that india is following the western lead (US) to criticize china this might make you to rethink:

POLITICS-INDIA: Floundering Over Tibet Policy
Analysis by Praful Bidwai

NEW DELHI, Mar 27 (IPS) - Caught between its position recognising Tibet as part of China and growing pressure from pro-Western lobbies within its policy-making elites to support protests by Tibetan separatists, the Indian government is hard put to define a coherent stand on developments across its border.

Since rioting broke out in Lhasa on Mar.14, India has vacillated between expressing "distress" at the "unsettled situation and violence" in Tibet, exerting pressure on the 100,000-strong Tibetan community exiled in India to show restraint, and reassuring Beijing that its stated policy on Tibet remains unchanged.

Besides upholding the ‘One China’ principle in respect of Tibet, and supporting a negotiated settlement on autonomy for Tibet, the policy pledges to prevent the Dalai Lama and his followers from engaging in "anti-China political activities in India".

The past week witnessed major shifts in the Indian stance. First, New Delhi permitted United States House of Representatives Speaker and Democratic Party leader Nancy Pelosi to visit the Dalai Lama at his headquarters in Dharamsala and to issue acerbic statements against China from Indian soil.

Then, in sharp contrast to its earlier tough action in halting a march by Tibetan dissidents to the Tibet border through the state of Himachal Pradesh, it failed last Friday to lay a tight enough security cordon around the Chinese embassy compound in New Delhi.

Young Tibetans wearing T-shirts demanding a boycott of the Olympic Games in Beijing tried to scale the embassy’s walls, causing diplomatic embarrassment. The Indian police arrested 33 protesters and prevented them from entering the compound.

Beijing's reaction was furious. On Saturday, it summoned Nirupama Rao, India's ambassador to China, at 2 a.m. to register its disapproval of the events in Delhi and handed over to her a list of demonstrations the Tibetans are allegedly planning to organise in India.

Beijing also secured an assurance from India that a scheduled "informal" meeting between Vice President Hamid Ansari and the Dalai Lama, who is currently in New Delhi, would be cancelled. It described the leaked news of the meeting as a mere "rumour"

"Clearly, the Indian government committed a series of gaffes out of gross miscalculation," says Anuradha Chenoy, professor at the School of International Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University here. "It should have known that Pelosi’s high-profile visit, featuring nine other members of Congress, would cause consternation in Beijing. To top it all, she used strong words: ‘If freedom-loving people do not speak out against China's oppression (in Tibet), we have lost all moral authority to speak on behalf of human rights anywhere…’ "

Last October, China took a dim view of the award of the U.S. Congressional Gold Medal of Honour to the Dalai Lama, which sparked off jubilant demonstrations by Tibetan monks.

"Yet, New Delhi agreed to allow Pelosi to criticise China from Indian soilin the company of the Tibetan spiritual-political leader," adds Chenoy. "Just before Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee's visit to the U.S., India probably wanted to send the U.S. a positive signal to counter the effect of the stalling of the U.S.-India nuclear deal. This was not very astute."

Tactical errors aside, India's position on Tibet is markedly different from that of many Western countries, which too formerly say Tibet is a part of China, but nevertheless support various movements for Tibetan independence, and accuse China of serious human rights violations.

India tends to view all separatist movements with suspicion because of its own problems in Kashmir and the Northeast. Despite periods of tension with Beijing, India has never supported campaigns for Tibetan independence.

India's first reaction to the recent outbreak of protests was to express distress at the "deaths of innocent people" in Lhasa, and call upon "all those involved" to "work to improve the situation". It also asked Beijing to "remove the causes of such trouble in Tibet".

New Delhi is acutely aware that Tibet is an extremely sensitive issue for China, with which it seeks to normalise relations despite unresolved differences on the border issue, in particular, the Tawang Tract in Arunachal Pradesh, to which Beijing lays claim from time to time.

Indian policy-makers are conscious that China has bitter memories of past tensions with India, leading to war in 1962, and the Khampa rebellion of the 1950s, sponsored in Tibet’s southern Kham province by the U.S.’ Central Intelligence Agency, and armed via Nepal.

China also sees various recent U.S. moves, including its Ballistic Missile Defence programme, support for Taiwan, and the growing U.S.-India "strategic partnership" as a threat.

Pending a resolution of these issues, India has not used whatever leverage it has with the Chinese government or the Dalai Lama to persuade them to negotiate in earnest their differences over Tibet's autonomy within the Chinese union.

"To put it bluntly, the official Indian position lacks a moral backbone or clarity," says Achin Vanaik, professor of international relations and global politics at Delhi University. "It is largely guided by expediency. For instance, India signed up on a global democracy initiative sponsored by the U.S. to please Washington as part of its growing ‘strategic partnership’."

But, adds Vanaik, "India's position on issues like Kosovo or the ‘colour revolutions’ in Eastern Europe is different. While the U.S. welcomed Kosovo’s unilateral declaration of independence, India said it would have ‘to further study the legal implications’. India knows that the West often deploys double standards on human rights. The U.S. strongly condemns rights violations in China, but not in Iraq, Turkey or Saudi Arabia."

One reason why India has failed to set a model of consistency on human rights is that its own internal record on these is tainted by draconian laws, police excesses against suspected terrorists, discrimination against the religious and ethnic minorities, and state violence in Jammu and Kashmir and in the Northeast.

At any rate, the Indian government is now coming under pressure from the Right, in particular the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and conservative sections of the media, to take a tough stand vis-a-vis Beijing and support the cause of Tibetan freedom.

But brave talk notwithstanding, the world, including India, cannot do very much to help the Tibetans. China is far too powerful to be pressured or sanctioned into changing its behaviour by other states or the United Nations.

China is also too xenophobic and paranoid to concede autonomy and greater freedom to the Tibetans, unless it can be persuaded to value diversity and respect difference, and recognise that a big country can accommodate and live with differences.

Practically, an independent Tibet is not on the agenda. The Dalai Lama realises this and advocates "the middle way", or autonomy for Tibet. But he is no great strategist. He has never managed, unlike Mahatma Gandhi, to convert non-violence into an instrument of mass mobilisation. Nor has he developed alternative forms of political action.

Unless the exiled Tibetan leadership does some creative strategising, it could find the ground slipping from under its feet even as China advances the process of altering Tibet’s demography and overruns Tibet culturally, observers here say.

Bidwai is a Communist.

He is known in the journalist circle as Pro-Fool Goodbye!

He reinforces what ProCash Carrot, the Communist Party (Marxist) has said!!

I found more pictures of the same to share::tup:

Bidwai is a Communist.

He is known in the journalist circle as Pro-Fool Goodbye!

He reinforces what ProCash Carrot, the Communist Party (Marxist) has said!!

How convenient for you Mr.Salim to discard an article by making his background as the bases of your judgement because the article proves contrary to what Indianpakistanfriendship was saying. Keep up the good work.:enjoy:

How convenient for you Mr.Salim to discard an article by making his background as the bases of your judgement because the article proves contrary to what Indianpakistanfriendship was saying. Keep up the good work

Unlike your mindset that prompts you to feel that all Indians should think alike and all Pakistani should think alike, most Pakistanis and Indians do feel that they are not robots who are conditioned like the Pavlovian dogs.

No wonder you are such a votary of the Chinese mindset, where owing to the lack of exposure to thought beyond that permitted by the Govt, they all speak in one tone.

You must understand man has a mind of his own and he exercises this option.

Machines don't.

Humans whose mind has been sold to the State and are robotic too cannot think on their own.

Neither can you, it appears.

Unlike your mindset that prompts you to feel that all Indians should think alike and all Pakistani should think alike, most Pakistanis and Indians do feel that they are not robots who are conditioned like the Pavlovian dogs.

No wonder you are such a votary of the Chinese mindset, where owing to the lack of exposure to thought beyond that permitted by the Govt, they all speak in one tone.

You must understand man has a mind of his own and he exercises this option.

Machines don't.

Humans whose mind has been sold to the State and are robotic too cannot think on their own.

Neither can you, it appears.

My mindset! Just because you cannot reply to something with logic and reasoning and without getting personal and therefore completely reject the article as a whole, quite understandably shows what kind of a mindset Mr.Salim has. But then again i wouldnt blame you afterall being from the military you are taught to be like this.

My mindset! Just because you cannot reply to something with logic and reasoning and without getting personal and therefore completely reject the article as a whole, quite understandably shows what kind of a mindset Mr.Salim has. But then again i wouldnt blame you afterall being from the military you are taught to be like this.

Read the posts carefully.

You insinuated that an Indian poster differed from what an Indian wrote as a proof of some convoluted issue that you were harping on.

All I said was that both Indians and Pakistanis are not mind controlled by the govt and that we both, Indians and Pakistanis, had minds of our own unlike the Chinese. It also indicates you have not read Legalism in China that I have repeated posted for the information of people like you who are not prone to adding to their knowledge and instead ride their favourite hobby horse and pet peeves blindly.

The fact that you do not acknowledge that Indians and Pakistani are entitled to have minds of their own and instead subscribe to the fact that like the Chinese have one single opinion, indicates your mindset and your affinity and love to be robotic.

I daresay I have been very logical and analytical!!

In fact, I am embarrassed to explain it so as I would do to a toddler when the one I am explaining to is an adult, capable of using a computer at least!!

Nothing personal; I am posting since you demand an explanation from me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom