What's new

Thank you General Kayani.

@niaz sb. I would disagree with you. Like it says in the article shared by Zarvan, Vali Nasr (for whom I have a lot of respect) says that Kayani can say "I survived the Americans". He survived TTP too. His position was laced with very serious challenges. I accept that perhaps some things fell through the cracks, but show me any other military leader today who confronted and dealt with so many challenges. A lesser man would have folded spectacularly.

My issues are with Human rights abuses in Balochistan. There his legacy is questionable. But then he inherited the situation from Musharraf and started the process of inducting Baloch youth into the army. But apart from that, the less said the better.

But when viewed in history's perspective, he shall be remembered in a positive light. Others will struggle to match him.

thank you for being silent at salala incident
thank you for being stupid at OBL raid
thank you for let those corrupt politicians destroy our country's economy and clean all our reserves
thank you for not reacting on any civil war happening in pakistan today (karachi)
thank you for not taking any action on Memo gate scandal
thank you for being so lazy and let a traitor out of country ( hussain huqqani )
thank you for everything and all this mess which pak is facing today
now finally thank you for giving your charge to another gen hope this gen will serve our country well

My assessment of Gen Kiyani being mediocre is primarily due to the 2 incidents mentioned in my post. Attack on GHQ was a feather in the cap of Taliban and it is hard to deny a serious security lapse. Similarly OBL incident was a big blot on the capability of MI & ISI.

I never claimed to be ‘Right’ all the time and everyone has different view point. Besides, without criticism and disagreement; meaningful debate is not possible.

Last edited:
he will be remembered for 2 +ve's at least.

1. he initiated the year of the soldier - which improved the conditions and welfare of the jawans and their families.
2. Swat ops: the successful cleansing of Swat valley including Dir, Bajaur etc raised the 'morale' of the armed forces including the FC.

he leaves behind an army which is well-armed and well-trained for the new CoAS.

Kiyani had a great career and wonderful service to Pakistani People by helping democracy and also protecting citizens against terrorism.

Great job General Sahib you will be missed you clear sense of clarity in thinking and quiet but stern response will be missed

Kiyani presented himself as a man who had an aura about him when he spoke and strategics approach to handling crisis

Back
Top Bottom