What's new

Thailand surpasses China to become Vietnam’s largest supplier of vegetables, fruits

Durian is the fruit I love most. I used to eat many durians during the season.. I can finish up four to five big durians at one go, alone.. but not dare eating that much anymore now because of health reason. :)

I used to work in Yau Ma Tai fruit wholesale market as a summer job, not to mention I have to got up at 2 am and work til 12 noon, I probably also ate my life time worth of fruit in just 1 summer...

I once ate a whole carton of Durian (6 whole durian in a carton) in one go with my friend, cos the box of durian is about to go bad. So the 2 of us ate 6 durian in one sitting.

Thats actually quite a bad idea as i went home with a bleeding nose and i cannot say anything for a week for a sore throat...
hahaha

100 apples in one day? holy shiet dude, i bet you went to the bathroom after that !

On the durian, man, it is insane. I have a Thai friend from school and he eats durian by dipping it in sriracha sauce. I foolishly tried his advice (he told me it is a different flavor experience), man i almost died. I was literally gagging because the durian went down my throat and the hotness of the sriracha was killing me. Crazy guy--- i almost punched him after i was able to cough it out of my throat.

I can have durian in small amounts, it is like s%x man , in moderation. not too much, else not good ....LOL!
You guys experience them the Hardest way. What military forumers!

Up to 5 big durians at one go?! So impressive.

Maybe after 5 pieces...i will go here:

Bathroom_sink.jpg

Durian is the fruit I love most. I used to eat many durians during the season.. I can finish up four to five big durians at one go, alone.. but not dare eating that much anymore now because of health reason. :)

Up to 5 big durians at one go?! So impressive.

Maybe after 5 pieces...i will go here:

Bathroom_sink.jpg

I've been eating it since time immemorial, the odor and taste are heaven to me. I'm a confirmed durian maniac. LOL

Where I grew up, before, we can only eat durian once a year as durian is a seasonal fruit, so you can understand my appetite as a durian maniac go rampant when durians starts coming. :p:

Now I can only dare eat three tops at one go ... eating more then I'll start feeling sick.. but sometimes health be damned. :smokin:

freshly opened Durian actually doesn't smell that bad....
tips for Durian lovers: put Durian in a plastic container, smash it with a spoon, then freeze it. it turns out like ice cream very smooth and nice, no smell, easy to eat, can stay in your fridge for about half a year.

during Durian season my fridge was full of frozen Durian cream......then pimples...:rolleyes:

I have the same feeling as your brothers, haha ...
Also angry when my wife force me to try durians..

I thin in Shanghai, one piece of durian is around 20-25RMB, or 400-500 Yen
A complete durian will cost you 100-150 RMB, or 2000-3000 Yen, which is not very cheap..
We usually spend 20 RMB per day on fruit..
One good thing in China is that there are so many kinds of different fruit in different season.
Also the price is affordable to us as we can produce almost all fruit inside China.
Durian that expensive in SH?!
i can get a whole durian for 40- 70 RMB when it's fresh on season here in GZ.

China remains biggest trade partner of Vietnam - Business - Chinadaily.com.cn

Propaganda story can be made up. But international statistic dont lie as it needs to be verify by both side officials.

I can be sure price will still remain an important criteria for most vietnamese when buying a goods.
Vietnamese are wealthy now so they don't buy so many Chinese products. A GDP per capita of 1400 usd /person/year is impressive. They are looking to buy more high end German products. BMW, Mercedes, vietnam is calling.

Last edited:
Yes. GZ is in hot area where durian is grown..So the price will be lower.
For shanghai, Durian need to be transported from Guangdong or Hainan or Thailand
Then the price will go much higher..

freshly opened Durian actually doesn't smell that bad....
tips for Durian lovers: put Durian in a plastic container, smash it with a spoon, then freeze it. it turns out like ice cream very smooth and nice, no smell, easy to eat, can stay in your fridge for about half a year.

during Durian season my fridge was full of frozen Durian cream......then pimples...:rolleyes:

Durian that expensive in SH?!
i can get a whole durian for 40- 70 RMB when it's fresh on season here in GZ.

Never tried a dragon fruit or starfruit (that I know of) will have to make a point of locating some in my area. Just based on the names alone makes me want to try them.

Never tried a dragon fruit or starfruit (that I know of) will have to make a point of locating some in my area. Just based on the names alone makes me want to try them.

Stop by Philly Chinatown, buddy. They sell it in the market(s) there. Hahaha!

Nanna's frozen raspberries recalled over hepatitis fears
Date
February 17, 2015
Esther Han

NSW food safety and health authorities have extended the frozen berries recall to a fourth product - Patties Nanna's-branded frozen raspberries - following a string of hepatitis A cases in three states.

The NSW Food Authority said there was a "potential contamination" with hepatitis A in the China-sourced raspberries. The recall applied to the one-kilogram plastic bag with best-before dates up to and including September 19, 2016.

The chief executive of Patties Foods, Steven Chaur, said the latest recall followed "investigations through our global supply chain over the past few days".

1424128615720.jpg

Recalled: Nanna's frozen raspberries.

"The specific source supplied raspberries which were packed in Nanna's and Creative Gourmet Mixed Berries, that were the subject of the consumer recall announced over the weekend," he said.

"The source also supplied product for Nanna's Raspberries 1kg packs, with best before dates up until 15/09/16. The supplier of raspberries is no longer used by Patties Foods," he said.

"Some product that was previously supplied by the source may still be in the market and we are taking this added precautionary measure of conducting an additional consumer recall of all frozen raspberries associated with this specific source located in China, in the interests of public safety."

Mr Chaur apologised to consumers for the distress caused.

Nine people, including two in NSW, have become sick with the virus after eating the frozen berries.

Anyone concerned about their health is urged to contact their doctors and to return the product for a full refund.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom