What's new

Thailand surpasses China to become Vietnam’s largest supplier of vegetables, fruits

What does 'mazu' means??
It seems your brothers also hate durians..
I guess durian is rarely seen in Japan...
Here in Shanghai, durian need to be transported from Hainan..
My wife often buy one and make the room smelly...

Reminds me of one time i took my two younger brothers to Guangzhou -- i bought a whole durian -- they never tried it before. As soon as we opened, it , the first thing they said was, "MAZUI!!" :rofl::lol:

I forced them to try it, did not like at all. I guess they do not have my curious tongue -- i like different flavors ! :lol:

What does 'mazu' means??
It seems your brothers also hate durians..
I guess durian is rarely seen in Japan...
Here in Shanghai, durian need to be transported from Hainan..
My wife often buy one and make the room smelly...

Mazui is something we say if something is yucky smelling , lol. The youngest, Masaharu, told me that it smelled like rotten food, he was so angry at me for pressuring them to try it. hahaha! They like jackfruit more than durian, tho, hahaha!

Yea, durian is not normally grown in Japan, so those that we import from China are very expensive. But it is so cheap in China, tho. There are more variety of fruits in Southern China and Southeast Asia ! Oh your wife loves it eh? I think women have a knack for flavors than men, i think. But in regards to durian -- it is really an acquired taste. :)

I have the same feeling as your brothers, haha ...
Also angry when my wife force me to try durians..

I thin in Shanghai, one piece of durian is around 20-25RMB, or 400-500 Yen
A complete durian will cost you 100-150 RMB, or 2000-3000 Yen, which is not very cheap..
We usually spend 20 RMB per day on fruit..
One good thing in China is that there are so many kinds of different fruit in different season.
Also the price is affordable to us as we can produce almost all fruit inside China.

Mazui is something we say if something is yucky smelling , lol. The youngest, Masaharu, told me that it smelled like rotten food, he was so angry at me for pressuring them to try it. hahaha! They like jackfruit more than durian, tho, hahaha!

Yea, durian is not normally grown in Japan, so those that we import from China are very expensive. But it is so cheap in China, tho. There are more variety of fruits in Southern China and Southeast Asia ! Oh your wife loves it eh? I think women have a knack for flavors than men, i think. But in regards to durian -- it is really an acquired taste. :)

How about "stinky Tofu"? I went to Shenzhen and I though some terrible toilet is round there, just to find out this stinky tofu is selling. Anyone here teste that? I just have to run away.

How about "stinky Tofu"? I went to Shenzhen and I though some terrible toilet is round there, just to find out this stinky tofu is selling. Anyone here teste that? I just have to run away.

hahahaha! you ran away? it smells , but it tastes so lovely ! :smitten:

I used to work in Yau Ma Tai fruit wholesale market as a summer job, not to mention I have to got up at 2 am and work til 12 noon, I probably also ate my life time worth of fruit in just 1 summer...

I once ate a whole carton of Durian (6 whole durian in a carton) in one go with my friend, cos the box of durian is about to go bad. So the 2 of us ate 6 durian in one sitting.

Thats actually quite a bad idea as i went home with a bleeding nose and i cannot say anything for a week for a sore throat...

I used to work in Yau Ma Tai fruit wholesale market as a summer job, not to mention I have to got up at 2 ak and work til 12 noon, I probably also ate my life time worth of fruit in just 1 summer...

I once ate a whole carton of Durian (6 whole durian in a carton) in one go with my friend, cos the box of durian is about to go bad. So the 2 of us ate 6 durian in one sitting.

Thats actually quite a bad idea as i went home with a bleeding nose and i cannot say anything for a week for a sore throat...

That's insane man. Couple of years ago my gf at the time bought durian from the Asian super market and wanted me to eat it with her. I was taking my time eating , and here she was, going to town on the durian! Licking her fingers , too. Chinese girls man -- they are intense ! I think i ate maybe 3 pieces before i had to stop. I literally had to stop because if i bit another one, i would have thrown up.

Smell smelly, taste tasty!
Smelly Toufu taste good. you should have a try!

That's insane man. Couple of years ago my gf at the time bought durian from the Asian super market and wanted me to eat it with her. I was taking my time eating , and here she was, going to town on the durian! Licking her fingers , too. Chinese girls man -- they are intense ! I think i ate maybe 3 pieces before i had to stop. I literally had to stop because if i bit another one, i would have thrown up.

loo 6 durian (whole durian not just a single piece) in one day was not even the top 3 moment working in fruit whole sale, fact is the place i used to work sell to the wholesaler and the fruit come in the shop in cargo container, and the sell order are 16 carton of orange ( about 1000 orange all together) or 12 rows of grape ( about 50 kilogram worth)

My top 3 moment would be

ate 100 apple in one day
stuff 250 banana down my throat
eat 3 "law" (giant basket full) of Lychee in one day...

loo 6 durian (whole durian not just a single piece) in one day was not even the top 3 moment working in fruit whole sale, fact is the place i used to work sell to the wholesaler and the fruit come in the shop in cargo container, and the sell order are 16 carton of orange ( about 1000 orange all together) or 12 rows of grape ( about 50 kilogram worth)

My top 3 moment would be

ate 100 apple in one day
stuff 250 banana down my throat
eat 3 "law" (giant basket full) of Lychee in one day...

100 apples in one day? holy shiet dude, i bet you went to the bathroom after that !

On the durian, man, it is insane. I have a Thai friend from school and he eats durian by dipping it in sriracha sauce. I foolishly tried his advice (he told me it is a different flavor experience), man i almost died. I was literally gagging because the durian went down my throat and the hotness of the sriracha was killing me. Crazy guy--- i almost punched him after i was able to cough it out of my throat.

I can have durian in small amounts, it is like s%x man , in moderation. not too much, else not good ....LOL!

Thai food are little spicy with a bit of sweet. I like it.
Smelly Toufu are usually not very spicy.
But some are made black, which make it looks ugly.
Some are well cooked with golden color, which is better looking
But all taste tasty!

Some of the Chinese like in Hunan or Sichuan have really spicy food.
So spicy that you feel like dying...

hahahaha , maybe @somsak is used to spicy food because he has Thai tongue, he needs to expand his flavor experience. :)

100 apples in one day? holy shiet dude, i bet you went to the bathroom after that !

On the durian, man, it is insane. I have a Thai friend from school and he eats durian by dipping it in sriracha sauce. I foolishly tried his advice (he told me it is a different flavor experience), man i almost died. I was literally gagging because the durian went down my throat and the hotness of the sriracha was killing me. Crazy guy--- i almost punched him after i was able to cough it out of my throat.

I can have durian in small amounts, it is like s%x man , in moderation. not too much, else not good ....LOL!

Well those are small fuji apple...and i ate them like snack if i remember correctly...

lol people eat them in a lot of different way, try Thai-Japanese mixed way to (aka Duriqn with Washabi) if you survive that, then you are my hero. I did once, it took me about 5 second to throw up....

Man, in those day when I work in that place, box of orange and apple worth nothing....A bix of orange can be in 88 (large) 92 (medium) or 110 (small) pack... And we bound to have 1 or 2 carton left anyday and they gone bad in about a day and a half , so we ate a lot of fruit...

Well those are small fuji apple...and i ate them like snack if i remember correctly...

lol people eat them in a lot of different way, try Thai-Japanese mixed way to (aka Duriqn with Washabi) if you survive that, then you are my hero. I did once, it took me about 5 second to throw up....

Man, in those day when I work in that place, box of orange and apple worth nothing....A bix of orange can be in 88 (large) 92 (medium) or 110 (small) pack... And we bound to have 1 or 2 carton left anyday and they gone bad in about a day and a half , so we ate a lot of fruit...

Durian and wasabi? wow, man, what a mix, LOL!!!

Talking about durian, i hope i don't have nightmares of durian tonight. LOL!

Durian and wasabi? wow, man, what a mix, LOL!!!

Talking about durian, i hope i don't have nightmares of durian tonight. LOL!

well people said folks from Southern China would better used to the smell of durian as they are more polluted dowj south, hence the air is bad anyway. While northern folks usually cant stand the smell of durian as they are cleaner and the air is better, but then i dont have anything to back up this.claim...

Just for me tho, i cant stand the smell of durian at first, but after ate like a hundred of the them, you will think its just another fruit...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom