What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

There you go

ΚΑΑΝ-1920x1920.jpeg

It's bugging the hell out of me that we're using feet and pounds. This isn't America.

The plane's service ceiling is about 17 kilometers and the engines provide a thrust of 129 Kilonewtons. As the F-110 GE129 name suggests

Yes, the only thing you can do is looking up on the internet, a place with dozens of misinformation etc. You probably dont even have a single book of Turkes in your home.

The name KAAN is not misspelled. Very simple, the way you pronounce it is written down. International aspects such as English are taken into account. It will be a fighter plane that will be discussed all over the world. It is therefore quite logical that you come up with a correctly pronounceable word. KAAN, short and powerful, easy to pronounce. In contrast, Kagan will be pronounced by English as KA-GA-AN, which is ugly. When are you lefties going to learn marketing? If it were up to you you would come up with crazy names like ATA or even ATATURK hahaha
It's not misinformation, you're just a braindead cultist from Holland. Eat shit.

DEFENCETURK'S INTERVIEW WITH THE HEAD ENGINEER

-We are currently starting the ground test phase for our National Combat Aircraft as you know.

Regarding the second prototype

-The detail parts manufacturing has started for our second aircraft. Assembly will probably begin by the end of the year. Before all of that there will be the production of our tools etc.

"Will you fly this prototype?"

-Yes. The aircraft you see in front of you will fly by the end of the year. We will continue flight testing this prototype as well, of course it will be within a limited envelope due to its systems and the aircraft itself. The next prototype will cover a more expanded flight envelope. We will have a lot of prototypes. We have a really aggressive schedule. We are planning deliveries to start in 2028. We will have around 7 prototypes but this could change. Because we will have a lot of test platforms as well, not just the National Combat Aircraft. We need to test these to support the schedule. We will have a lot of tests performed on a variety of platforms.

"What is the latest news on KAAN's static tests & the iron bird?"

-Our static test platforms are being prepared as we speak. We will start with the iron bird by this year's end.

Question Regarding the national engine's timeframe

-It would not be appropriate for me to comment on that but the process has started. Our companies in question have started working on it.

"Will there be differences between this prototype and the production aircraft? (or smth like that)"

-There are details in which I'm not allowed to comment on. But Block 10 will be very capable. Our AESA radar will be on our first aircraft. There may be a lot of differences between prototypes. This all depends on the data we gather from our flight tests, ground tests and maybe our wind tunnel tests. If you study similar aircraft such as the F-22 & F-35 you'll see those differences. We also know that our aircraft can change drastically and we are prepping our teams accordingly.

"Is the forward opening canopy a standard or will it change?"

-Our current plan is to keep it as is. Our technical teams have performed a lot of work and gave plenty of tradeoffs, and from these studies we figured that this was the best possible option for our aircraft.

"From which point onwards will the IWB's be active?"

-All of our designs have been made so that they will always remain active. When we will start weapons tests will depend on our program.

"Are there interested countries?"

-Yes, a lot of countries are currently interested. It's not up to me to specify which countries these are.

DEFENCETURK'S INTERVIEW WITH THE HEAD ENGINEER

-We are currently starting the ground test phase for our National Combat Aircraft as you know.

Regarding the second prototype

-The detail parts manufacturing has started for our second aircraft. Assembly will probably begin by the end of the year. Before all of that there will be the production of our tools etc.

"Will you fly this prototype?"

-Yes. The aircraft you see in front of you will fly by the end of the year. We will continue flight testing this prototype as well, of course it will be within a limited envelope due to its systems and the aircraft itself. The next prototype will cover a more expanded flight envelope. We will have a lot of prototypes. We have a really aggressive schedule. We are planning deliveries to start in 2028. We will have around 7 prototypes but this could change. Because we will have a lot of test platforms as well, not just the National Combat Aircraft. We need to test these to support the schedule. We will have a lot of tests performed on a variety of platforms.

"What is the latest news on KAAN's static tests & the iron bird?"

-Our static test platforms are being prepared as we speak. We will start with the iron bird by this year's end.

Question Regarding the national engine's timeframe

-It would not be appropriate for me to comment on that but the process has started. Our companies in question have started working on it.

"Will there be differences between this prototype and the production aircraft? (or smth like that)"

-There are details in which I'm not allowed to comment on. But Block 10 will be very capable. Our AESA radar will be on our first aircraft. There may be a lot of differences between prototypes. This all depends on the data we gather from our flight tests, ground tests and maybe our wind tunnel tests. If you study similar aircraft such as the F-22 & F-35 you'll see those differences. We also know that our aircraft can change drastically and we are prepping our teams accordingly.

"Is the forward opening canopy a standard or will it change?"

-Our current plan is to keep it as is. Our technical teams have performed a lot of work and gave plenty of tradeoffs, and from these studies we figured that this was the best possible option for our aircraft.

"From which point onwards will the IWB's be active?"

-All of our designs have been made so that they will always remain active. When we will start weapons tests will depend on our program.

"Are there interested countries?"

-Yes, a lot of countries are currently interested. It's not up to me to specify which countries these are.
Why no credit :((((((((((((((((((

Just kidding. Thx for uploading it here, I was planning on doing so.

Better view of the helmet

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 15.23.48.png

That Rolls Royce partnership seems dead

A lot can change in 7 years but for now, F110 is what we have

It’s surprising Rolls Royce isn’t willing to budge to Turkish demands even though they are offering the same exact concessions to India that they have denied to Turkey.

It’s surprising Rolls Royce isn’t willing to budge to Turkish demands even though they are offering the same exact concessions to India that they have denied to Turkey.
LOL nope, dont believe on Indian media. No one will give generous TOT engine to every body. Indian demand must be much lower than Turkish demand if the cooperation does exist ( which is still not finalized and can have the same fate with Turkish- British engine cooperation )

Roll Royce has already been in Tempest program and for the engine they will likely to be partnered with Mitsubishi

LOL nope, dont believe on Indian media. No one will give generous TOT engine to every body. Indian demand must be much lower than Turkish demand if the cooperation does exist ( which is still not finalized and can have the same fate with Turkish- British engine cooperation )

Roll Royce has already been in Tempest program and for the engine they will likely to be partnered with Mitsubishi

Though India is the world capital for jingoistic fake news, I think the talk of Rolls Royce giving IP rights for the engines that will power India’s purported 5th generation fighter has a lot of merits. I agree it remains to be seen what such agreement looks like, but I won’t dismiss claims made by the Indian media outright.

I think Turkey is at least a decade away from fielding a reliable 5th generation engine.

Though India is the world capital for jingoistic fake news, I think the talk of Rolls Royce giving IP rights for the engines that will power India’s purported 5th generation fighter has a lot of merits. I agree it remains to be seen what such agreement looks like, but I won’t dismiss claims made by the Indian media outright.

I think Turkey is at least a decade away from fielding a reliable 5th generation engine.
Unlikely Roll Royce will have paralel program than their Tempest program that has already been started.

Why do they need to spend money to another jet engine program ?

Roll Royce I believe will offer their Tempest engine to Indian AMCA similar like American give the deal to Hanwa Korea for F414 engines for KF21.

F414 for KF21/ IFX will be assembled in General Electrict- Hanwa company with some components produced by the company located in Korea. The components being produced are the parts that needs routine maintenan. Hanwa has already become part of jet engine supply chain for civilian planes.

AMCA for the start ( maybe around 100 engines) will still use F414 by the way.

It's bugging the hell out of me that we're using feet and pounds. This isn't America.

The plane's service ceiling is about 17 kilometers and the engines provide a thrust of 129 Kilonewtons. As the F-110 GE129 name suggests
Unfortunately, aerospace was initially dominated by the USA so it is very common to use those units in aerospace. It's annoying but every aerospace engineer learns to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom