What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

The thrust of engine for Hürjet is renewed as 19200lb in TAI page. This figure seems close to Ej-200 (20000lb) bro. TAI and Eurojett had already signed a deal about this engine.

If you have the date at hand. when will we see hurjet fly with the first engine ?

The thrust of engine for Hürjet is renewed as 19200lb in TAI page. This figure seems close to Ej-200 (20000lb) bro. TAI and Eurojett had already signed a deal about this engine.
Was it said to be Russia's RD-33?

I haven't heard about rd-33. We don't need disaster trashcan.
img_20200224_010449-jpg.607931

Last edited:
If you have the date at hand. when will we see hurjet fly with the first engine ?
  • August 2020 CDR
  • August 2021 TRR/FTRR
  • February 2022 first flight

I think It was replaced in following reviews. Like many different areas such as electronics, semi conductors, electro-optics, detectors and some other sensors, Russia is poor at metalurgy as well. Their overhaul and overall lifetime circles cost much for costumers. Today’s Russian engines perform even worse than what Western engines (1980’s) perform in terms of durability and total accumulated cycles so It is perfect idea to stay away from Russia in sensitive technologies requiring high tech production skills.

I think It was replaced in following reviews. Like many different areas such as electronics, semi conductors, electro-optics, detectors and some other sensors, Russia is poor at metalurgy as well. Their overhaul and overall lifetime circles cost much for costumers. Today’s Russian engines perform even worse than what Western engines (1980’s) perform in terms of durability and total accumulated cycles so It is perfect idea to stay away from Russia in sensitive technologies requiring high tech production skills.
When will the design of Hürjet be frozen?

Any update? Oh boy, things I would give for this thing to be real and powered by an engine that is developed by TEI and RR..:smitten:Just imagine...

Last edited:
Would Hürjet be evolved to indigenous Harrier VTOL lightjet program which made from radar observed materials?
TCG Anadolu urges VTOL jets and
Türkiye wants progress in aircraft industry. It is good chance to combine semi-stealth technology with VTOL technology. UK supports Turkey, They would give licence. Under licence of Rolls Royce we would learn a lot of things.

Harriers weights around Hurjet and Turkey has initial Radar Absorbing Materials , i would love to sea Turkish VTOL Hürjet with low RCS.

Last edited:
Would Hürjet be evolved to indigenous Harrier VTOL lightjet program which made from radar observed materials?
I don't think we can see many changes from now on. Don't forget thins plane is for training purposes as much as LCA role.
Harriers weights around Hurjet and Turkey has initial Radar Absorbing Materials , i would love to sea Turkish VTOL Hürjet with low RCS.
Everyone says that the ej200 engine was selected but there's no official statement about it. And we are planning to fly this plane in 2 years :angry: If the ej200 was selected for real, if we use the engines with thrust vectoring nozzles, why not? With the eurofighter engine, Hurjet is already a Gripen-like LCA.

I don't think we can see many changes from now on. Don't forget thins plane is for training purposes as much as LCA role.

Everyone says that the ej200 engine was selected but there's no official statement about it. And we are planning to fly this plane in 2 years :angry: If the ej200 was selected for real, if we use the engines with thrust vectoring nozzles, why not? With the eurofighter engine, Hurjet is already a Gripen-like LCA.
I will always remember what you said. Thanks for enlighten me. Before writing you should read what people saying.

Chances of VTOL jets on TCG Anadolu are 0%, it will end up as helicopter carrier maybe some UAV's.

Also one of the reasons why TCG Trakya was cancelled.

I will always remember what you said. Thanks for enlighten me. Before writing you should read what people saying.
I did read. Do you really think we can bring out a F-35 from Hurjet? I agree that Hurjet is transforming more into a Gripen-like plane but living in dreams in another thing. I did give you a proper answer. What did you expected me to write? You guys are expecting a lot from a light combat aircraft. If you guys had expected a Turkish F-16, I would have agreed; but expecting an F-35 is another thing. Ne deseydim? Senin gibi hayallerle yaşayıp F-22, Su-57 düşüreceğiz felan mı yazsaydım? Ya hayır anlamıyorum bu forumu kardeşim, harkes beklediğini alamayınca çamura kaçıyor. Adam gibi cevap yazıyoruz kendi fikrimizi saygı çerçevesinde yazıyoruz insanlar trollüğe girişiyor.

Back
Top Bottom