What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg
Boss you mean the first one is Airforces choice the third one is for tai's choice =) and what is your decision 1st or 3rd =)

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 148037 Boss you mean the first one is Airforces choice the third one is for tai's choice =) and what is your decision 1st or 3rd =)

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

If Turkey agrees on F-135 engine (43000lbf) for single engine configuration, It is OK but TAI voices concern over USA export regulations for their newly and strongest engine to be exported for Turkey.

Twin engine configuration, It is Eurojet offering EJ-220 (20000lbf each) engines but Two of them will not even enough to provide a satisfied thrust for TAI's heaviest twin engine configuration TF-X so Model selection is completely depends on thrust power of engines to be selected.

FX-1 is the name of twin engine configuration...

F-22 T/W ratio: 70000lbf/38 tonnes: 1842,5 lbf/tonnes
Eurofighter T/W ratio: 40500lbf/23,5tonnes: 1723,5lbf/tonnes
FX-1 with EJ-235 T/W ratio: 47000lbf/29,4 tonnes: 1598,5lbf/tonnes
F-16 Block-50+ T/W ratio: 28000lbf/19,2 tonnes: 1458,3 lbf/tonnes
FX-1 with EJ-200 T/W ratio : 40500lbf/29,4 tonnes: 1377,5lbf/tonnes

IMHO. Turkey needs to go for a twin engine aircraft. Tomorrow if you need a jet with carrier application, you would be able to adapt it to your needs much more robustly.
We need engines(indigenous)!

@cabatli_53 @isoo @Sinan @Combat-Master and other dudes who know about this issue...

Question... Which one is easier... ???

1- To build 60.000 lb engine for single engined aircraft
2- To build 70.000 lb(total) engines for twin engined aircraft

I think this question is important because as you know we plan to put our indigenous engine(s) to T/F-X in the future... TAI & TurAF should consider this too...

1.jpg

@cabatli_53 @isoo @Sinan @Combat-Master and other dudes who know about this issue...

Question... Which one is easier... ???

1- To build 60.000 lb engine for single engined aircraft
2- To build 70.000 lb(total) engines for twin engined aircraft

I think this question is important because as you know we plan to put our indigenous engine(s) to T/F-X in the future... TAI & TurAF should consider this too...

View attachment 149024

Mate, Making a Turbo-fan engine is exteremely hard. Even China having difficulties on that front. So, building an indigenous engine for a fighter jet is a far far away dream. Also, i didn't heard anything like producing our own jet engines.

Mate, Making a Turbo-fan engine is exteremely hard. Even China having difficulties on that front. So, building an indigenous engine for a fighter jet is a far far away dream. Also, i didn't heard anything like producing our own jet engines.

Opss... Why i remember such a thing ?!..

I searched TEI and couldn't find anything too...

TEI > Ürünler ve Hizmetler > Projeler

But i think indigenous engine project is an inevitable step in the future... Maybe these projects of TEI is steps for the T/F-X engine goal... Also KALE is working for SOM's & ATAMACA's engine...

So... Do you think which one is easier ? 1 or 2 (in my previous post) ?..

But i think indigenous engine project is an inevitable step in the future... Maybe these projects of TEI is steps for the T/F-X engine goal... Also KALE is working for SOM's & ATAMACA's engine...

If there is a wish there is a way.

TEI > Ürünler ve Hizmetler > Projeler

Mate, there was a road-schedule for Turbo-engines which was posted on thins forum. There were no-plans for any Turbo-fan engine.

About which type of engine is easier to make. I think both of it is pretty much hard to produce. We have almost non-existed experience in building high-powered Turbo-fan engines. And it's not an easy industry..Metalurrgy behind it.... like from F-135 engine some rotors blades are manufuctured from Titanium where as we don't even have a Titanium mine(It is also not very important as we can easyly import raw material) but the know how behind building a Turbo-fan engine is not easy to acquire and no country will not even sell that kind of information to you.

Mate, there was a road-schedule for Turbo-engines which was posted on thins forum. There were no-plans for any Turbo-fan engine.

About which type of engine is easier to make. I think both of it is pretty much hard to produce. We have almost non-existed experience in building high-powered Turbo-fan engines. And it's not an easy industry..Metalurrgy behind it.... like from F-135 engine some rotors blades are manufuctured from Titanium where as we don't even have a Titanium mine(It is also not very important as we can easyly import raw material) but the know how behind building a Turbo-fan engine is not easy to acquire and no country will not even sell that kind of information to you.

Turbojet --- easiest, small ones very easy; TFX size, high perfomance, supercruise ones; very hard
Turboshaft, turboprop --- harder than turbojet, easier than turbofan; same level of difficulty between themselves
Turbofan --- hardest; civilian high bypass, fuel efficient ones hardest; low bypass, drone size ones easier.

TEI TJ35, TJ90 >>> micro turbojets
TEI TP38 >>> micro turboprop; 41SHP (shaft horse power)
Kale Kale-3500 >>> mini turbojet 810 newton max ; optionally mini turboprop 900SHP

Last edited:

Reports say that the reason for Chinese not being very succesfull in building turbine engines is that they rely more on worker skill than on procedures and processes when machining parts. That's why they can not consistently produce high quality output.

Can this not be overcome by our engineers and scientist; you bet it can.

Back
Top Bottom