What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

They shouldn't use a name that people will always pronounce wrong. For example many turkish words are pronounced incorrectly people say Canik pistol as "Kanik" or erdoğan like erDOGan.

A name that everyone can pronounce is good for marketing because its easy to remember and people aren't shy of saying the name.

With that being said this is my proposal:

muvaffakiyetsizleştiricileştiriveremeyebileceklerimizdenmişsinizcesine
......jpg

Last edited:
As i predicted SSM already started working on different alternatives of T/F-X... MSI magazine SSM official says this... I'm sure there are studies in TAI also...

New Turkish Fighter Could Involve Overseas Companies

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

Turkey's procurement administration has signaled it might rethink an ambitious indigenous fighter jet program, with a view to restructuring it and possibly adding foreign partners.

A senior procurement official said a recent reassessment of the program, dubbed TF-X, has indicated some “weaknesses” about the program.

The official did not detail those weaknesses but said there are questions regarding Turkey’s local capabilities and the technological feasibility of the project.

The potential changes come amid a major political reshuffling in Ankara.

On Aug. 10, Turkey’s powerful prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was elected to the presidency. He took over Aug. 28 from incumbent President Abdullah Gul. Former Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu was elected by party members to take over as prime minister.

In April, Erdogan appointed Ismail Demir, an aviation expert, as the country’s new top procurement official. Demir, head of the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), is widely expected to remain in office after Davutoglu forms a new government.

An official from Tusas Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), potential maker of the TF-X, admitted that the SSM recently took a more cautious approach to the fighter jet program.

“[SSM] may restructure the program and seek a foreign partner or partners to maximize its financial and technological feasibility,” he said.

The program now awaits an official go-ahead from the government to move into the development phase. TAI is expecting to win a contract for development.

In an earlier pre-conceptual design phase, TAI designed three draft models, one of which would become the first Turkish indigenous fighter jet.

Industry sources expect Turkey’s top defense panel, the Defense Industry Executive Committee, to discuss the fighter program at its next meeting. Officials say a fall meeting is likely.

TAI worked with Sweden’s Saab for pre-conceptual design work. But the two companies did not agree to advance their cooperation. Saab produces the JAS 39 Gripen, a lightweight single-engine multirole fighter.

Industry sources said other foreign players, including Korea Aerospace Industries, could get involved in later stages.

Turkey was hoping that the indigenous TF-X would fly by 2023, the centennial of the republic.

Turkey also intends to buy scores of F-35s. After delays of more than a year, the Defense Industry Executive Committee in May officially decided to order the country’s first two F-35 joint strike fighters.

The order is for the first F-35A aircraft with Block-3F configuration under low-rate initial production lot 10. Turkey joined the multinational F-35 program as a consortium partner during the concept demonstration phase in 1999.

Turkey wants to eventually buy 100 F-35s.■

New Turkish Fighter Could Involve Overseas Companies | Defense News | defensenews.com

New Turkish Fighter Could Involve Overseas Companies

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

Turkey's procurement administration has signaled it might rethink an ambitious indigenous fighter jet program, with a view to restructuring it and possibly adding foreign partners.

A senior procurement official said a recent reassessment of the program, dubbed TF-X, has indicated some “weaknesses” about the program.

The official did not detail those weaknesses but said there are questions regarding Turkey’s local capabilities and the technological feasibility of the project.

The potential changes come amid a major political reshuffling in Ankara.

On Aug. 10, Turkey’s powerful prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was elected to the presidency. He took over Aug. 28 from incumbent President Abdullah Gul. Former Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu was elected by party members to take over as prime minister.

In April, Erdogan appointed Ismail Demir, an aviation expert, as the country’s new top procurement official. Demir, head of the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), is widely expected to remain in office after Davutoglu forms a new government.

An official from Tusas Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), potential maker of the TF-X, admitted that the SSM recently took a more cautious approach to the fighter jet program.

“[SSM] may restructure the program and seek a foreign partner or partners to maximize its financial and technological feasibility,” he said.

The program now awaits an official go-ahead from the government to move into the development phase. TAI is expecting to win a contract for development.

In an earlier pre-conceptual design phase, TAI designed three draft models, one of which would become the first Turkish indigenous fighter jet.

Industry sources expect Turkey’s top defense panel, the Defense Industry Executive Committee, to discuss the fighter program at its next meeting. Officials say a fall meeting is likely.

TAI worked with Sweden’s Saab for pre-conceptual design work. But the two companies did not agree to advance their cooperation. Saab produces the JAS 39 Gripen, a lightweight single-engine multirole fighter.

Industry sources said other foreign players, including Korea Aerospace Industries, could get involved in later stages.

Turkey was hoping that the indigenous TF-X would fly by 2023, the centennial of the republic.

Turkey also intends to buy scores of F-35s. After delays of more than a year, the Defense Industry Executive Committee in May officially decided to order the country’s first two F-35 joint strike fighters.

The order is for the first F-35A aircraft with Block-3F configuration under low-rate initial production lot 10. Turkey joined the multinational F-35 program as a consortium partner during the concept demonstration phase in 1999.

Turkey wants to eventually buy 100 F-35s.■

New Turkish Fighter Could Involve Overseas Companies | Defense News | defensenews.com

lol... Again Burak BOKDİL...

SSM İsmail DEMİR cleared the issue...

Is that SSM's presentation book?I wanted one but couldn't find any on the internet...

BTW it looks like they favor the single-engine configuration...bummer
Its a brochure from TAI. I will upload the whole thing soon.:smart:

Are you talking about the SSM book that shows turkish defence products 2014 - 2015? I got it. Hard copy. :azn:

I just got a ton stuff recently so I will try to upload as much as I can. Mostly stuff that it isn't repetitive.

Are you talking about the SSM book that shows turkish defence products 2014 - 2015? I got it. Hard copy. :azn:

I just got a ton stuff recently so I will try to upload as much as I can. Mostly stuff that it isn't repetitive.
I didn't even know they made hard copies,consider yourself a lucky man :D Taking photos and uploading them can be frustrating so hang in there bro:agree::D

o_O

:butcher:

:pop:

First we look at this...

TF-X.jpeg

Then we see Kaan's post and the possibly choosen alternative...

1.jpg

Single engined and no delta canard... So they chose Superior Lethality... Not Higher Speed or Greater Agility... Does it mean that ?.. If it's so is it good or bad when we compare with other alternatives and their charactheristics ???...

TF-X - FNL.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom