What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

No, developing GE-F110 to something better with the help of RR..... this is imposible...since no engine producer will share ToT with you..
Read post 131 carefully and then come again.

I have no doubt guys...
Dont worry guy,we will do it :D
and if its request of airforce to have supercruise with stealth ability,that will be done in anyway.
lets see what will happen next , when i was orientation in SSM , they told negotiations are on table with some companies .
otherwise the project is useless and wasting money when requests arent fullfilled:D

Last edited:
Pratt & Whitney F135 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
General Electric F110 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we are going go for HQ-9.... we should go for EJ230, incase US decides to sanction us and selecting an American engine for our jet will give them a great leverage.

geeze you really are scared of big bad U.S dropping sanctions O.O we are allies? we don't care if you bought HQ-9.

F-100-PW-229
The first -229 was flown in 1989 and has a thrust of 79 kN (17,800 lbf) (dry thrust) and 129.7 kN (29,160 lbf) with afterburner. It currently powers late model F-16s and the F-15E Strike Eagle. Using technology developed from the F119 and F135 engine programs for the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, the current production F100-PW-229 EEP (Engine Enhancement Package) incorporates modern turbine materials, cooling management techniques, compressor aerodynamics, and electronic controls.[4] Deliveries of the -229EEP began n 2009.

f100pw229b1.jpg

Turk Industry Could Face US Sanctions in China Air Defense Deal | Defense News | defensenews.com

I never heard anything about EU to sanction Turkey.... but we hear things from US... also not to forget US sanctioned Turkey back in 1970s.... though i'm not a procurement official. We will see how the things will revolve.

It wasn't only the US who embargoed Turkey in 70s, though they were the most important party because almost everything in Turkish armed forces were US made.

Though, US engine makers have invested heavily in Turkey.

Let's have some fun about T/F-X program...

Do you have any offer for F-X serial production name ?..

My opinions...

T-2023 Anatolian Eagle

or

If T-2023 is too long as a name then it can be T-23 Anatolian Eagle

or

Again if T-2023 is too long then it can be T-100 Anatolian Eagle... This is to mention 100th anniversary of our state...

Or there can be some combinations like...

Directly we can name it as AE-2023 or AE-23 or AE-100... AE stands for Anatolian Eagle...

IMO other then 'Anatolian Eagle' part of the name can be discussed... But 'Anatolian Eagle' must be in the name somewhere... As all of you know 'Anatolian Eagle' is our training center and training name which is one of the best in the world...

I also thought very simple... SU (Savaş Uçağı) but as you know there is SU already... Maybe SJ ?.. Savaş Jeti...

Last edited:

My opinions...

T-2023 Anatolian Eagle

or

or

Again if T-2023 is too long then it can be T-100 Anatolian Eagle... This is to mention 100th anniversary of our state...

Directly we can name it as AE-2023 or AE-23 or AE-100... AE stands for Anatolian Eagle...

IMO other then 'Anatolian Eagle' part of the name can be discussed... But 'Anatolian Eagle' must be in the name somewhere... As all of you know 'Anatolian Eagle' is our training center and training name which is one of the best in the world...

I also thought very simple... SU (Savaş Uçağı) but as you know there is SU already... Maybe SJ ?.. Savaş Jeti...

RTE-23 would sound better ;) anyway just a joke :D

Hurkus is already used for single prop training ,CAS plane , it would be a good name actually.

FT-23 would be nice but would seem as a family of F-22 raptor.

TF precode is already being used for Turkish frigates
we can call it MILJET ,with code of JM-23 :D

or MT-23, (milli teyyare) 23 ,or MT-100 .this one sounds good

1st plane to turkish made named as hurkus,dedicated to Vecihi hurkus
this will be second or maybe more until its made,but hazarfen (or hazerfen) would fit nice :)**
** duh , hezarfen is right so far :D

Last edited:

My opinions...

T-2023 Anatolian Eagle

or

or

It should be something from Turkic mytology... You know they used "Tulpar" for IFV... something like that.

@Sinan you are right we should use names from our mythology it will be more better I wish one day we will delete all arabic, persian and french words from our great language
and
@olcayto i don't like using BURKUT because of its meaning and there is plenty of words in turkish language and @Combat-Master thanx no islamic(a.k.a ARABIC)

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom