What's new

textron Micro UAV

Vassnti

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
textron-t-ram.jpg

A 3kg UAV i wonder how small they can get?
There are several systems with this capability currently in the works, but the operational requirements and principles are all the same. LMAMS needs to weigh three kilos or less, including the vehicle and the launching system. It needs to be able to deploy and fire in under 30 seconds, reach an altitude of 100 meters, and acquire and track a human-sized target in a further 20 seconds. At that point, the drone can either dive at its target, landing within a one meter radius and exploding its small (but still quite lethal) warhead, or it can loiter for up to 30 minutes, sending back live video.
Textron T-Ram mUAV could be lethal for the Navy | Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) News | Unmanned.co.uk

Something that weighs three kilos could easily pack the punch of a couple of hand grenades. This concept is pretty scary - you could have friendly troops wear some kind of electronic bar code that says "Don't attack me"; anybody else, without the "friendly" dongle on their person, would be subject to attack from a swarm of these things.

textron-t-ram.jpg

A 3kg UAV i wonder how small they can get?

Well I read a report sometime back stating that Israelis were making hornet-sized UCAVs capable of entering through keyholes and killing terrorists in hostage situations. That's pretty neat isn't it? Could come really handy.

Back
Top Bottom