What's new

Tesla’s Cybertruck has now surpassed 1M preorders

cybertruckF150.png

Tesla Cybertruck next to a F-150 crew cab.

What I'm looking for is a cheap EV, one that has similar range, but has the price tag of a tradition gas engine car.

Also, I'm more interested in the tesla semi than I am of any of their cars.
Depending on where u live(and including state and federal incentives)...model 3 is relatively affordable(at least in California).

If u happen to live somewhere where Chinese EVs are an option...some of those are very affordable though I cannot speak to the battery life and quality on that end. I personally own a model 3 long range and there's a total of 4 Teslas in the house hold(Model 3, Model S, Model X)...and we r all very satisfied with the purchase(taking into account quality of the build, battery's range/degradation/charging speeds, and charging network availability).

Depending on where u live(and including state and federal incentives)...model 3 is relatively affordable(at least in California).

I own a Tesla Model Y long range. I think it is absolutely perfect for people who drive less than 40 miles a day and have a lead foot. You just re-charge it every night and don't really care about how much you are mashing the accelerator pedal in day to day driving. (Just for the sake of the life of the tires don't do it from a stop)

Plus 1 pedal driving is awesome.

Last edited:
I own a Tesla Model Y long range. I think it is absolutely perfect for people who drive less than 40 miles a day and have a lead foot. You just re-charge it every night and don't really care about how much you are mashing the accelerator pedal in day to day driving. (Just for the sake of the life of the tires don't do it from a stop)

Most of my driving is local...but every now and then I drive quite far...and my model 3 long range holds up quite well. Charges fast too when I need to charge for the long rides at Tesla's superchargers...
...and for the daily routine...the charger at my home coupled with my solar is more than enough to keep it juiced up...I try to charge mine during day time so I don't end up drawing power from the grid as much.

A Tesla employee has confirmed that Tesla is internally targeting this October to hold what is expected to be a first-of-its-kind delivery event for the Cybertruck.

Can someone explain in simple words how much you would be saving on fuel cost compare to say 2.5l sedan or suv? My basic calculation on Ford electric truck didn't show any significant difference.

Please don't tell me difference about 2.5l vs pickup truck, I'm well aware of that.

If you have rooftop solar and you plan your charging, virtually nothing.

Man that is ugly. Like a render in some 90s video game. Do those pre orders still exist? There’s tons of better options in the US market now.

Each to their own. It's a very cool design.

At least it isn't anywhere near as ugly as the cybertruck, that thing makes me want to puke every time I look at it.
you guys have no taste. I am on the list of preorder and will gladly dispose of my tacoma once i get my request realized. :-).

I also own the same. Right that is best balanced offering from Tesla that works for a lot of people's practical use.

you guys have no taste. I am on the list of preorder and will gladly dispose of my tacoma once i get my request realized. :-).

I also own the same. Right that is best balanced offering from Tesla that works for a lot of people's practical use.

I just found out today the garage at my work has free 120V outlets people can plug their mobile chargers into!

Only issue is i don't want to unplug mine from my house because I hear it just causes wear on the outlet contacts. :(

Don't feel like forking over money for another.

Back
Top Bottom