What's new

Terrorists destroy Mosque, kill Namazis during Jumaah Prayers

If there are any rogues in the ISI, they are alleged to have assisted some 'pro-GoP' Taliban factions in attacking NATO, not in carrying out suicide bombings in Pakistan.

The Indians, Afghans, Soviets and AL Qaeda have however demonstrated an ability to carry out terrorist attacks in Pakistan over the last few decades.

If there are any rogues in the ISI, they are alleged to have assisted some 'pro-GoP' Taliban factions in attacking NATO, not in carrying out suicide bombings in Pakistan.

The Indians, Afghans, Soviets and AL Qaeda have however demonstrated an ability to carry out terrorist attacks in Pakistan over the last few decades.

Soviets??

When they were in Afghanistan, didnt Pakistan send its irregulars and commandos, with CIA's help, to fight them? SO they struck back, guess that was a fair fight.

Are they still active in Pakistan? I thought the SU dissolved back in 1991. Geez the evil communist soviets..still lurking around!!!

GUBBI O GUBBI YOU ARE SUCH A GUBBI!!

If you think i am a Pakistani then i must say you have spent years in a r.a.t. hole. you may come out.:crazy: Dude Not all Indian are idiot and pathetic like you. some can see the both side of coins too. Same goes for Pakistani or American or Chinese etc.

When i said Muslim cant do this - because these terrorist fight in the name of religion !!! and if they attack religion itself wont they loose their support ( tribes or afghan ) . its simple logic if you cant understand may be have- 5 WET ALMOND IN THE MORNING .

As for raw hand - i think its the same rant - Our politicians go on - about isi - Its of no use till a proof is provided.

Oh yeah to whatever you said! Whatever makes you happy....

Pakistan has been suffering religious turmoil among the Shias and the Sunnis. They both are Muslim sects but due to some disagreement over who holds the reigns of Islam, they are calling each other heretics and having a go at each other. Taliban are mostly Sunnis practicisng the harshest interpretation of Islam...the Wahhabi tradition like the Saudis. This goes against the sufi influence on Islam in the subcontinent. So according to them, people practicing any other interpretation of Islam are a fair target!!

70 feared dead in Jamrud mosque blast
Updated at: 1635 PST, Friday, March 27, 2009
JAMRUD: A suicide bomber killed at least 50 people when he blew himself up in a crowded mosque near a security check post in Jamrud town of Khyber Agency on Friday. Atleast 70 people are feared dead in the blast.

The attack came hours before U.S. President Barack Obama was scheduled to announce a new strategy for the Afghan war, an approach U.S. officials said would also recognise Pakistan as a key part of the conflict.

Police, paramilitary forces and government officials were among the congregation in the mosque, about 30 km (20 miles) from the Afghan border. The bomber set off his explosives as a cleric began prayers.

"So far we have counted 50 bodies," Tariq Hayat Khan, the top administrator in the Khyber region, told Geo news, adding the toll could rise.

Between 250 and 300 people were in the mosque and about 125 wounded had been taken to Sherpao, Lady Reading and other hospitals in Peshawar, he said.

"It was a suicide attack. The bomber was standing in the mosque. It's a two-storey building and it has collapsed," he said.

Worshippers searched through piles of bricks, pulling out bodies and carrying them to ambulances in sheets and on rope beds.

There was no claim of responsibility but militants had earlier threatened to blow up the police post next to the mosque, residents of the area said.

"It's surprising, those who claim that they are doing jihad and then carry out suicide attacks inside mosques during Friday prayers," Khan said.

"They are infidels. They are enemies of Pakistan. They are enemies of Islam," he said.

None would simple as that!

This has India written all over it. Afghan border town, no American army/Pakistani army target.

The timing was particularly well chosen. As soon as the Imam said "Allahu Akbar" the bomb went off.

America sleeps while its trusted partner in the war on terror wreaks havoc upon us from American controlled soil!

For a senior member, you are loosing your credibility very fast by resorting to such blatant claims everytime without even waiting for slighest bit of info/ proof. At least wait till Zaid Hamid starts his rhetoric, which I believe, should not take much time.

PPS: I condemn such cowardly acts and pray for the innocent victims. I wish and demand people of Pak to wake up and ensure GOP brings an end to such incidents immediately and decidedly. This cannot go on any more. I'm deeply saddened and hurt by the incident where even a religious assembly was not spaed. Dhikkar Hain!!

Oh yeah to whatever you said! Whatever makes you happy....

Pakistan has been suffering religious turmoil among the Shias and the Sunnis. They both are Muslim sects but due to some disagreement over who holds the reigns of Islam, they are calling each other heretics and having a go at each other. Taliban are mostly Sunnis practicisng the harshest interpretation of Islam...the Wahhabi tradition like the Saudis. This goes against the sufi influence on Islam in the subcontinent. So according to them, people practicing any other interpretation of Islam are a fair target!!

--- Dude i would really appreciate, if you make any sense. Somehow your post is annoying to read. This might be the use of wrong syntax.
After all the struggle i somehow manage to read the post but made no sense. what are you talking about ????
I think most country are facing regional issues- some over communalism and some over regionalism. Now what has that got to do with this case.
Muslim respect - Islam and No Shia or Sunni neither religion allow bombing of a mosque. :disagree:

wat are we tryin to achieve. everyone is everyone's enemy. kill kill kill.... im really close to giving up now

70 feared dead in Jamrud mosque blast
Updated at: 1635 PST, Friday, March 27, 2009
JAMRUD: A suicide bomber killed at least 50 people when he blew himself up in a crowded mosque near a security check post in Jamrud town of Khyber Agency on Friday. Atleast 70 people are feared dead in the blast.

The attack came hours before U.S. President Barack Obama was scheduled to announce a new strategy for the Afghan war, an approach U.S. officials said would also recognise Pakistan as a key part of the conflict.

Police, paramilitary forces and government officials were among the congregation in the mosque, about 30 km (20 miles) from the Afghan border. The bomber set off his explosives as a cleric began prayers.

"So far we have counted 50 bodies," Tariq Hayat Khan, the top administrator in the Khyber region, told Geo news, adding the toll could rise.

Between 250 and 300 people were in the mosque and about 125 wounded had been taken to Sherpao, Lady Reading and other hospitals in Peshawar, he said.

"It was a suicide attack. The bomber was standing in the mosque. It's a two-storey building and it has collapsed," he said.

Worshippers searched through piles of bricks, pulling out bodies and carrying them to ambulances in sheets and on rope beds.

There was no claim of responsibility but militants had earlier threatened to blow up the police post next to the mosque, residents of the area said.

"It's surprising, those who claim that they are doing jihad and then carry out suicide attacks inside mosques during Friday prayers," Khan said.

"They are infidels. They are enemies of Pakistan. They are enemies of Islam," he said.

""It was a suicide attack.The bomber was standing in the mosque. It's a two-storey building and it has collapsed," he said."

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind:Mahatma Gandhi

wat are we tryin to achieve. everyone is everyone's enemy. kill kill kill.... im really close to giving up now

I was just watching BBC/CNN, and they are really butchering the name "Pakistan". Repeatedly casting a rhetoric over security in Pakistan and alleged ISI links. And I say this, only because if you dont kill those you trained, they are going to eat you. You have been ridiculed for too long. Act!

--- Dude i would really appreciate, if you make any sense. Somehow your post is annoying to read. This might be the use of wrong syntax.
After all the struggle i somehow manage to read the post but made no sense. what are you talking about ????
I think most country are facing regional issues- some over communalism and some over regionalism. Now what has that got to do with this case.
Muslim respect - Islam and No Shia or Sunni neither religion allow bombing of a mosque. :disagree:

I am sorry if you cannot comprehend my writing! I just cannot help you better your powers of comprehension. Talk about syntax...

Yes, every country faces issues, be it regionalism or communalism or religious. But in the case of Pakistan, like Iraq, it faces a religious problem. Sunnis and Shias do have blood rivalry and they are going at it for quite sometime now. It has got everything to with with whats happened in Pakistan today.

Agreed, every religion abhors violence. Islam does not permit attacking brother Muslims nor other non-believers. But you've got to understand that scriptures are being misinterpreted by people with vested interests who inturn brainwash gullible youth in committing such acts of atrocities!! All in the name of God!! No religion permits or justifies attacking a place of religion, and yet we see people blowing up Mosques and worshippers just because they dont agree to their particular view/interpretation of Islam!

I wouldn't be surprised if Indian RAW is involved. The attack has the hallmarks of RAW.

I wouldn't be surprised if Indian RAW is involved. The attack has the hallmarks of RAW.

Welcome to the "Blame it on RAW" club buddy, though have to point out that you are a bit late in jumping onto that conclusion! Yup, join the line!

The attack has quite clearly got the hallmarks of Indian RAW. Such an attack on a mosque would never have been carried out by any religious outfit. No matter how extreme. It doesn't make any sense. This senseless carnage is most certainly carried out by external factors. All indications point out that India is involved. India isn't sparing any moment in destabilizing Pakistan. The greatest enemy of Pakistan is India and this attack proves it once again.

The greatest enemy of Pakistan is India and this attack proves it once again.
Nuts! The "greatest enemy of Pakistan" are those officials who turned government into a vehicle of injustice. Both the lawyers' revolt and the Swat rebellion are symptoms of this - and India had little if any hand in either of them.

Back
Top Bottom