What's new

Terrorist bombing of Moscow Airport Jan. 24, 2011

I dislike this very common saying.

"Freedom Fighters" don't plant bombs in public areas to kill women and children. REAL freedom fighters (like the French Partisans in WW2) target military assets.

I suppose chechens should keep letting Russians shell their houses, rape their children, steal their resources. I'm sure it's hard to fight back when the country has no backing from anyone else. Plus it could just be a personal vendetta of a select few, just like the Russian theater incident. The whole eye for an eye mentality.

I don't like this whole one-sided portrayal of the conflict.

These look like random acts of terrorism by radical terrorists.

No doubts they are terrorist attacks.

But noone conveys the other side of the story, the destruction of Grozny, or how Chechens are treated in Moscow.

It's a two-way story. I am left wondering why Moscow wants to hold onto Chechnya. They quite clearly don't want to be a part of Russia.

Does Moscow have any right to be holding onto Chechnya? This is a land dispute.

absolutely DIABOLICAL and BARBARIC??!! What do these douche bags want?! Killing innocent people and all that?!

May victims RIP [rest in peace] and may terrorists RIH [rot in hell]!!

I don't like this whole one-sided portrayal of the conflict.

These look like random acts of terrorism by radical terrorists.

No doubts they are terrorist attacks.

But noone conveys the other side of the story, the destruction of Grozny, or how Chechens are treated in Moscow.

It's a two-way story. I am left wondering why Moscow wants to hold onto Chechnya. They quite clearly don't want to be a part of Russia.

Does Moscow have any right to be holding onto Chechnya? This is a land dispute.

Sir, besides patriotism, the same can be applied to Balochistan.
Here comes the story of an ordinary Balochi vs BLA goons...

Sir, in today's society, especially in Muslim world, we need to work hard--education--soft revolution...

Sir, how will Chehcniya survive if she gets independence without the help of arabi king or the U.S.? In other words, Chechniya comes out of one rule but falls for another one...

I think Russia mishandled the Chechniyan situation like we misjudged the Balochistan situation.

Russia should give equal rights to Caucasus and Chehchniyans should try to integrate in Russian society.

Sir, we cannot fight everyone...

We are fighting for Kashmir with India.
We are fighting for Chechniya with Russia.
We are fighting for Palestine with Israel.
We are fighting with the U.S.

Sir, I know that those countries committed atrocities but sometimes--the best revenge is with a pen...

I don't follow you exactly.

Why can't Chechnya survive on its own, like Azerbaijan for example?

Russians should stop messing with the chechens. Where there's oppression, there is always resistance.

Resistance is not shown against innocent children and women standing at airports and bus stops,this is not bravery,this is cowardism,if they r that brave let thm hit Spetznaz HQ rather than hiding in the crowd.

You mean Call of duty modern warfare 2?It is interesting.

Yes i remember it,in the game Moscow airport's name was Zakhev international airport.:rolleyes:

Chechnya can educate itself and improve its economy.

Its economy is in tatters because they (Chechens) don't want to be part of Russia (though Russia has rebuilt bits of Chechnya).

I think it can survive on its own.

What other reasons are there for Russia holding onto Chechnya? Was it ever an integral part of Russia?

Most likely it is an al Qaida terrorist suicide attack (the body of the bomber appears to be that of an Arab, not that of a Chechen) as Russia has recently agreed to a long term contract with NATO to move supplies down into Afghanistan to fight the terrorists there.

Chechens are also muslims so i guess that is the reason Pakistanis support there freedom.

Back
Top Bottom