What's new

Terrorism, Shameless Religious Bigotry and Pakistani Mindset

Thanks for posting this, EmoGirl. I posted this response in another thread, but I think it fits here as well.

As an American, it is both informative and depressing. :frown: No doubt my country can act both heavy handed and we are often ignorant of local culture, religion and ideas, that are so different from our own. Whether we have helped to foster these conspiratorial ideas which apparently are so widely believed in by Pakistanis, the fact is that those who believe in them are deceiving and diverting attention away from Pakistan's true problems and simply blaming the United States in the same way that some people in the world blame the "Zionists" for all their own problems.

It needs to be understood, even though those who seek to spin conspiracies do not want it to be, that America would prefer to have nothing to do with the region. I don't mean that in the sense that Americans don't like the people of the region, it's just that Americans were far removed from it's problems and concerns and frankly, we just don't understand so much of the history and values of the region and are concerned about living our own lives in America without becoming too involved in places that we simply do not understand.

9-11-2001 changed all of that. The only reason we are actively in the region and the cause of so much controversy and rage, the only reason that all of these missteps by us and conflicts involving us occur, is because of the growth of international terror that is based in Islamic extremism. That may be something that some may not want to hear, but it is as clear and truthful a statement of my country's position as I can give.

The United States will never allow itself to be disengaged in those areas of the world that the terrorists use as a base of operations and they very much would like to topple Pakistan and use it. They very much would like to get their hands on nuclear weapons as well. America cannot let that happen. We will not. We want good relations and we should treat all other countries with respect but we will not, ever allow the demand for good relations to cause us to sit on our back-sides while other countries are used as bases of terror to launch attacks on my country.

It is not complicated. If there were no terrorists groups who target my country who use Afghanistan and Pakistan as a base of support and refuge then America would largely disappear from the region and our relationship would normalise. That will not happen until those countries that the terrorists use clean up their own houses. People like Zaid Hamid can blame America all they want, but Pakistan, Afghanistan and others will continue to be used by everyone until real effective representative governments are in place in those countries. Until those countries government's have rooted out corruption and they stop blaming America and the the "Zionists" for all their problems and start looking at themselves. Until their governments start providing a growing economy and opportunity for their people, until the get serious about education and jobs, until they get serious about democracy and law enforcement without corruption. Until they get serious about cracking down on those who would use a respected and beautiful faith in God as a base of support for murder and terror instead.

Well to be honest i see no problem with consipiracy theorists or right wing fundos Freedom of speech goes both ways..(as long as they don't go to extent of condoning terrorism).After all even US Media has Glenn Beck etc..However we're in state of war so these right wingers should not say something that compromises our national security.

Last edited:
Terrorism, Shameless Religious Bigotry and Pakistani Mindset, true that.

Some quotes that caught my eye.

btw the writer has no agenda except to bash Islam & so are the intentions of the poster utter bullshit

This is called DENIAL on your part.

Yes the agenda of the article is pretty obvious to label Islam as intolerant religion towards other religions, so if i have to say again yes its anti islamic article & thread, jews kill people in Palestine no one writes Jewish bigotry & cruelty, Americans have killed thousands of people in Iraq but no one sees them as crimes against humanity why ?

As a Muslim, even I think that the 'Islam' of those in the news is intolerant. You would be a fool to deny that. These guys attacked the Ahmadis, as they think they don't have the right to call themselves Muslims. That is pretty intolerant of them dont you think? If we want to change people like that we have to lead by example, and dialogue and not by force.

You must not read much, but i have seen literally TONNES of articles, interviews, reports on the casualties caused by the US and Israelis.

Yesterdays terrorist attacks have nothing to do with Religion you are going to get Nuclear reactors from China and what you think Israel and India will sit quite and watch?

I dont understand how you can know something like that. I dont even know the thought process you had while typing that out. When we first got nuclear BOMBS, no bombings, nothing. When we got ballistic missiles, no bombings, nothing. We get a Nuclear reactor, and all of a sudden Mossad, CIA and RAW take notice. Give me a break man.

Where were these soulful writers when 150 + Muslims die a day in Iraq and media was silent,
1 American dies, and the whole world is out to lament !

Attribute that to the power of the western media, the greatest weapon they have.
In good times, no one is going to listen to some guy blogging about bad things, people call them crackpots.
When something bad happens, people want to know why, what caused it, and everyone has a theory as to causes, as do you and I.
Where were you when the Rwandan genocide killed a million people, or when the war in Darfur killed over 400,000.

Every thing is gud before it. No blast no terrorist. And mostly the blast took on MOSQUES took out by RAW, MOSSAD, CIA, MI6... Terrorits are crazzy but not mental

Terrorists are not mental, but barely human. You are a genius and i bow before your abilities as a detective, proving decisively that Mossad, CIA and RAW are really behind it all. That is called ignorance mixed with denial mixed with a little crazy. What evidence would you need to convince you that the terrorists are home grown self procalimed holy warriors?

look girl, emm.. Emo girl, if your parents or family member would die in drones attacks, you will take the revange. And ofcourse our goverment and people like you always take side of American so, they target you.

I understand this. It is a failure of our government to allow such attacks on our soil. I dont know how you call that revenge though. Zardaris government allowed US operations of that kind, but i haven't seen anyone go after him. Bombers went after Mushy quite a bit. What kind of revenge is gotten by blowing up innocents, mosques, schools. That is not revenge, it is sorrow and resentment with a bit of brainwashing by those you deny involvment of.

Last edited:
look girl, emm.. Emo girl, if your parents or family member would die in drones attacks, you will take the revange. And ofcourse our goverment and people like you always take side of American so, they target you.

so the family members of people who get killed in these terrorist act and what you call a revenge for drone strikes, who should they kill to avenge the death of their family members? the taliban? or random people in waziristan? why is it that we never see the families of people dying in suicide attacks never take revenge for their fallen loved ones?

why you people are taking this article in essence that its anti islamic :hitwall::hitwall:

hte writer is just talking about the shameless religious bigtory & mindset which exists in Pakistani society which blinds us all to think to think in way that whole world is conspiring against Islam & Pakistan :hitwall:

Unfortunately, Muslims themselves do,did, and keep doing conspiracy against Islam.Islamic History is full of conspiracy for sake of power.Muslims are doing more insult their own Prophet(SAWW) than non-Muslims.I know this is very irritating but before applying any fatwah on me please go to read Islamic History and Hadees Books.
Today munafiq molvis are doing "Tahreef" change in Islamic History to hide the deeds of their beloved .
today the jihadi mullahs like zakir naalaik presenting yazid laanat ullah as their supreme Jihadi personality.Billions of dollars are spending to spread such sort of jihad ideology which mostly suffer Muslims.
These munafiqeen are the worst enemy of Muslim than any other.

Fatal illusions —Salman Tarik Kureshi

Conformity was imposed on the pluralism prized by Jinnah and a unitary state, belying his crusades for provincial autonomy, was created. In place of our rich and diverse heritage, cultural uniformity was imposed. Ideological formulations were trumpeted, dissent discouraged

“The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned” — Antonio Gramsci.

In the smokescreen of secondary
issues and non-issues with which we are daily blanketed by the media, it is easy to lose sight of the central importance of the counter-insurgency campaigns being waged to save the citizens and the state of Pakistan, and the simultaneous political processes under way for the establishment of democratic, federal rule in the country. These are the most fundamental and critically urgent issues of our national history. For, whether destruction of the insurgency or construction of a political system, failure along either axis can lead to the disintegration into savage anarchy of our state and society.

Today’s brief essay is about delusions, the kinds that drive individuals and nations to folly. As any psychiatrist will tell you, delusions and the delusionary behaviour patterns they engender are precisely what we mean when we talk about pathological psychoses.

In Buddhist mythology, Gautama Buddha was assailed by the demon Mara when meditating under the sacred Bo tree. Mara appeared in the form of a gigantic ruler, mounted on an elephant 150 leagues high. The demon sprouted 1,000 arms, each of which brandished a deadly weapon. The point of the story is that this immense demon Mara was in fact Gautama’s own shadow self, an emanation of his mind, whose name meant ‘Delusion’. And it was necessary for Gautama to confront the immensity of his own delusions before he could see through them to the truth and become the Buddha. Truly, the delusions born from our fantasies and unfulfilled desires are colossal, bigger than ourselves, and capable of consuming us entirely.

Such a set of deadly delusions exists in the Pakistani political psyche. I ask my readers to connect four specific newspaper images to identify the connecting link between the different persons pictured there. The most recent is that of Maulana (how was this honorific earned?) Fazlullah. This young man from a village in Malakand became transformed into such a monster of violence and savage cruelty that the world is celebrating the news of his being probably put down like a rabid animal.

Hailing from the same province, but from an utterly different milieu — economically, socially and educationally — is a mild-looking 30-year-old former business executive from Connecticut. No two people could be more different than the socially severely disadvantaged Fazlullah and the American-educated son of an Air Vice-Marshall, Faisal Shahzad. But, it seems, the same kinds of compulsions drove both the former warlord of Swat and the ‘Idiot Bomber’ of Times Square.

Look now at the picture of a young man from a Punjabi village. Ajmal Kasab’s plain, fully shaven face is an ordinary one that could have been seen on a million young men. But (and this is what really disturbs) there is a grin on his lips as if he were in a transport of orgasmic delight as he fires his automatic weapon. Observe the frightful grin of a fiend, a ghoul, a blood-lusting monster, on the face of an ordinary-seeming young man!

An image from eight years ago, which I have previously described in these pages, is next. This is of an aging Mohajir father beside the body of his son, killed in Afghanistan and returned dead to Karachi. The face of the old man could have been expected to be a face of rage, or of grief, or even of sad resignation. But, no, this face is expressionless, the eyes tearless. His son is a shaheed (martyr), he says, and should not be mourned. He will now send his remaining sons, one after the other, to their respective trysts with martyrdom. Now, one can accept that the father could believe sufficiently in a cause to be consoled for his son’s death. But it is hard to accept that he could eagerly will a similar destiny on his other sons. More, that this bereaved father is unmoved to any word, sign or expression of grief, is beyond understanding. Grief for the dead is normal. Even animals show it. In psychiatric terms, this Karachi father’s lack of sorrow, his ‘absence of affective response’, is pathological.

And that is precisely my point. The set of delusions connecting these four ethnically, educationally and socially far apart persons is just that: pathological.

To trace the beginnings of this national psychosis, one goes back to Hamza Alavi’s concept of ‘the over-developed state’, the well trained and organised civil and military institutions created by British rule in the subcontinent. In Pakistan, political parties, peopled in the main by representatives of the rural elite or by populist spell-binders of dubious intellectual depth, failed to gain control over these, the real wielders of power. The civil-military oligarchy assumed an autonomous role, independent of the interests of the dominant classes, resulting in a dichotomy between a weak ‘democratic’ political culture and a stronger ‘administrative’ political culture.

It is this latter group, comprising the bureaucrats, officers and professionals of the Pakistani power elite, which proceeded to contrive a post facto national narrative for the country. Jinnah’s liberal, inclusive vision was converted into a faux Islamic exclusivism. Conformity was imposed on the pluralism prized by Jinnah and a unitary state, belying his crusades for provincial autonomy, was created. In place of our rich and diverse heritage, cultural uniformity was imposed. Ideological formulations were trumpeted, dissent discouraged.

Antonio Gramsci, who witnessed the rise of the fascists in his native Italy, identified two quite distinct forms of political control: domination, which referred to direct physical coercion by the police and armed forces, and hegemony, which referred to ideological control and, more crucially, consent. By hegemony, Gramsci meant the permeation throughout society of an entire system of values, attitudes, beliefs and morality that has the effect of supporting the status quo in power relations.

Such a hegemonic narrative was thrust onto Pakistan. It multiplied greatly in strength on July 5, 1977, when the usurper of the day snarled over the media about what he called ‘an Islamic system’. The institutions he promoted and the retrograde educational systems he erected have polluted the intellectual atmosphere of the land and given birth to today’s bigoted, obscurantist political culture and its poisonous fallouts of violent insurgency, terrorism and cold-blooded mass murder.

Today, the spurious ‘national ideology’ promoted by the establishment to maintain an unconstitutional control, has spun out of control. As a result, both the citizens and the state remain in mortal peril.

lemme predict... 'someone' will chicken out of this thread and wont bother replying to the posts quoting them :)

anyways it was a condemnable act, more then 200 people got killed in karachi since jan, and no protest has been recorded... thousands have died in drone attacks and we see only 'maulvis' going against em that too like once in a year or so... mind you, those who get hurt the most they protest!!!! or the very few ppl who actually 'feel'

but when every 2nd day you get news like 30 killed in drone attack, death of 80 people wont drive people to the streets... :coffee:

why are you people diverting the topic, its not a matter of concern what happens in US, what happens in UK, what happens in Iraq, we have got problems of our own so there's no point in dragging in what happens on the other end of wold!!!

The writer is in no way trying to bash Islam nor is he talking about what happens in US/West :hitwall:

Last edited:
And who is responsible for all this blast?... Bcoz of people like (emo type) support US to attack Afganistan. Every thing is gud before it. No blast no terrorist. And mostly the blast took on MOSQUES took out by RAW, MOSSAD, CIA, MI6... Terrorits are crazzy but not mental. They can thing if they attack on MOSQUES surly the people opinion will gose against them..

things written on first page are right there in your posts i.e.

• Anyone who opposes Taliban vehemently and does not buy these wild theories is labeled as an unpatriotic, liberal elitist or someone who is a sellout.
  • Everything is generally blamed on USA and in this process we end up strengthening dark nihilist forces of terrorism and religious extremism
  • There will be people who would say that in Pakistan even the Muslims are target of terrorism and so therefore this time reference to religious bigotry should not be made

& lastly you just tell me, what about Mosque in Parade Lane? was not a mosque or you are trying to say that it was a mosque of Munafiqs, & what about this all...

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Deadly blast hits Pakistan mosque

Bomb blast at Pakistan mosque kills 29 - Pakistan - msnbc.com

& have you forgotten what happened in Peshawar sometime back??

Last edited:
If you have some personal problems with me then its not my fault

BTW, dont tell me that this is all propaganda

Drone attacks -- a survey

The Aryana Institute for Regional Research and Advocacy, a think tank of researchers and political activists from the NWFP and FATA, conducts research, surveys and collect statistics on various issues concerning the Taliban and Al-Qaeda terrorism and human security there. AIRRA research teams go deep inside Taliban- and Al-Qaeda-occupied areas of FATA to collect information. Most of the areas are not accessible to journalists.

Between last November and January AIRRA sent five teams, each made up of five researchers, to the parts of FATA that are often hit by American drones, to conduct a survey of public opinion about the attacks. The team visited Wana (South Waziristan), Ladda (South Waziristan), Miranshah (North Waziristan), Razmak (North Waziristan) and Parachinar (Kurram Agency). The teams handed out 650 structured questionnaires to people in the areas. The questionnaires were in Pashto, English and Urdu. The 550 respondents (100 declined to answer) were from professions related to business, education, health and transport. Following are the questions and the responses of the people of FATA.

• Do you see drone attacks bringing about fear and terror in the common people? (Yes 45%, No 55%)

[*]Do you think the drones are accurate in their strikes? (Yes 52%, No 48%)

[*]Do you think anti-American feelings in the area increased due to drone attacks recently? (Yes 42%, No 58%)

[*]Should Pakistan military carry out targeted strikes at the militant organisations? (Yes 70%, No 30%)

[*]Do the militant organisations get damaged due to drone attacks? (Yes 60%, No 40%)

A group of researchers at AIRRA draw these conclusions from the survey. The popular notion outside the Pakhtun belt that a large majority of the local population supports the Taliban movement lacks substance. The notion that anti-Americanism in the region has not increased due to drone attacks is rejected. The study supports the notion that a large majority of the people in the Pakhtun belt wants to be incorporated with the state and wants to integrate with the rest of the world.

The survey also reinforces my own ethnographic interactions with people of FATA, both inside FATA and the FATA IDP’s in the NWFP. This includes people I personally met and those I am in contact with through telephone calls and emails. This includes men and women, from illiterate to people with university level education. The number is well over 2000. I asked almost all those people if they see the US drone attacks on FATA as violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty. More than two-third said they did not. Pakistan’s sovereignty, they argued, was insulted and annihilated by Al-Qaeda and the Taliban, whose territory FATA is after Pakistan lost it to them. The US is violating the sovereignty of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, not of Pakistan. Almost half the people said that the US drones attacking Islamabad or Lahore will be violation of the sovereignty of Pakistan, because these areas are not taken over by the Taliban and Al Qaeda. Many people laughed when I mentioned the word sovereignty with respect to Pakistan.

Over two-thirds of the people viewed Al-Qaeda and the Taliban as enemy number one, and wanted the Pakistani army to clear the area of the militants. A little under two-thirds want the Americans to continue the drone attack because the Pakistani army is unable or unwilling to retake the territory from the Taliban.

The people I asked about civilian causalities in the drone attacks said most of the attacks had hit their targets, which include Arab, Chechen, Uzbek and Tajik terrorists of Al-Qaeda, Pakistani Taliban (Pakhtun and Punjabis) and training camps of the terrorists. There has been some collateral damage.

The drones hit hujras or houses which the Taliban forced people to rent out to them. There is collateral damage when the family forced to rent out the property is living in an adjacent house or a portion of the property rented out.

The Taliban and Al Qaeda have unleashed a reign of terror on the people of FATA. People are afraid that the Taliban will suspect their loyalty and behead them. Thus, in order to prove their loyalty to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, they offer them to rent their houses and hujras for residential purposes.

There are people who are linked with the Taliban. Terrorists visit their houses as guests and live in the houses and hujras. The drones attacks kill women and small children of the hosts. These are innocent deaths because the women and children have no role in the men’s links with terrorists.

Other innocent victims are local people who just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

People told me that typically what happens after every drone attack is that the Taliban and Al-Qaeda terrorists cordon off the area. No one from the local population is allowed to access the site, even if there are local people killed or injured. Their relatives cry and beg the terrorists to let them go near the site. But the Taliban and Al Qaeda do not allow them. The Taliban and Al Qaeda remove everything they want from the site and then allow the locals to see the site.

The survey conducted by AIRRA and my ethnographic interactions contradict the mantra of violation of the sovereignty of Pakistan perpetuated by the armchair analysts in the media. I have been arguing on these pages that analyses of those analysts have nothing to do with the reality of the FATA people. For some reason they take FATA for granted. They feel they are at liberty to fantasise whatever they like about FATA and present to the audience as a truth. Some of those armchair analysts also have a misplaced optimism about themselves. They believe my challenge to their fantasies about FATA is because I like to give them time! I give time to the land I love--FATA and the NWFP--and to the state I am loyal to--Pakistan.

What is happening in FATA is destroying the lives and culture of the FATA people, threatening the integrity of Pakistan and world peace. Fantasies of the armchair analysts are helping no one but Al Qaeda and the Taliban--enemies of the land and culture I love, and our state. I will therefore continue to challenge the fantasies of the armchairs analysts, whenever possible.

Drone attacks -- a survey

Drone attacks: Challenging some fabrications

The people of Waziristan are suffering a brutal kind of occupation under the Taliban and al Qaeda. Therefore, they welcome the drone attacks

There is a deep abyss between the perceptions of the people of Waziristan, the most drone-hit area and the wider Pakistani society on the other side of the River Indus. For the latter, the US drone attacks on Waziristan are a violation of Pakistani’s sovereignty. Politicians, religious leaders, media analysts and anchorpersons express sensational clamour over the supposed ‘civilian casualties’ in the drone attacks. I have been discussing the issue of drone attacks with hundreds of people of Waziristan. They see the US drone attacks as their liberators from the clutches of the terrorists into which, they say, their state has wilfully thrown them. The purpose of today’s column is, one, to challenge the Pakistani and US media reports about the civilian casualties in the drone attacks and, two, to express the view of the people of Waziristan, who are equally terrified by the Taliban and the intelligence agencies of Pakistan. I personally met these people in the Pakhtunkhwa province, where they live as internally displaced persons (IDPs), and in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).

I would challenge both the US and Pakistani media to provide verifiable evidence of civilian ‘casualties’ because of drone attacks on Waziristan, i.e. names of the people killed, names of their villages, dates and locations of the strikes and, above all, the methodology of the information that they collected. If they can’t meet the challenge, I would request them to stop throwing around fabricated figures of ‘civilian casualties’ that confuse people around the world and provide propaganda material to the pro-Taliban and al Qaeda forces in the politics and media of Pakistan.

I pose that challenge because no one is in a position to give a correct estimate of how many individuals have been killed so far in drone attacks. On the basis of American media estimates, 600 to 700 ‘civilian population’ have been killed. The Pakistani government, pro-Taliban political parties like Jamaat-e-Islami, Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Islam, Tehrik-e-Insaf, and the media are quoting the same figure. Neither the government of Pakistan nor the media have any access to the area and no system is in place to arrive at precise estimates. The Pakistani government and media take the figure appearing in the American media as an admission by the American government. The US media too do not have access to the area. Moreover, the area is simply not accessible for any kind of independent journalistic or scholarly work on drone attacks. The Taliban simply kill anyone doing so.

The reason why these estimates about civilian ‘casualties’ in the US and Pakistani media are wrong is that after every attack the terrorists cordon off the area and no one, including the local villagers, is allowed to come even near the targeted place. The militants themselves collect the bodies, burry the dead and then issue the statement that all of them were innocent civilians. This has been part of their propaganda to provide excuses to the pro-Taliban and al Qaeda media persons and political forces in Pakistan to generate public sympathies for the terrorists. The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) or other militants have never admitted to the killing of any important figure of al Qaeda or the TTP. One exception is the killing of Baitullah Mehsud that the TTP reluctantly admitted several days after his death. According to the people of Waziristan, the only civilians who have been killed so far in the drone attacks are women or children of the militants in whose houses/compounds they hold meetings. But that, too, used to happen in the past. Now they don’t hold meetings at places where women and children of the al Qaeda and TTP militants reside. Moreover, in this case too no one is in a position to give even an approximate number of the women and children of the terrorists killed in drone attacks.

The people of Waziristan are suffering a brutal kind of occupation under the Taliban and al Qaeda. It is in this context that they would welcome anyone, Americans, Israelis, Indians or even the devil, to rid them of the Taliban and al Qaeda. Therefore, they welcome the drone attacks. Secondly, the people feel comfortable with the drones because of their precision and targeted strikes. Especially the people of Waziristan have been terrified by the use of long-range artillery and air strikes of the Pakistan Army and Air Force. People complain that not a single TTP or al Qaeda member has been killed so far by the Pakistan Army, whereas a lot of collateral damage has taken place. On the other hand, drone attacks have never targeted the civilian population except, they informed, in one case when the funeral procession of Khwazh Wali, a TTP commander, was hit. In that attack too, many TTP militants were killed including Bilal (the TTP commander of Zangara area) and two Arab members of al Qaeda. But some civilians were also killed. After the attack people got the excuse of not attending the funeral of slain TTP militants or offering them food, which they used to do out of compulsion in order to put themselves in the TTP’s good books. “It (this drone attack) was a blessing in disguise,” several people commented.

I have heard people particularly appreciating the precision of drone strikes. People say that when a drone would hover over the skies, they wouldn’t be disturbed and would carry on their usual business because they would be sure that it does not target the civilians, but the same people would run for shelter when a Pakistani jet would appear in the skies because of its indiscriminate firing. They say that even in the same compound only the exact room — where a high value target (HVT) is present — is targeted. Thus others in the same compound are spared. The people of Waziristan have been complaining why the drones are only restricted to targeting the Arabs. They want the drones to attack the TTP leadership, the Uzbek/Tajik/Turkmen, Punjabi and Pakhtun Taliban. I have heard even religious people of Waziristan cursing the jihad and welcoming even Indian or Israeli support to help them get rid of the TTP and foreign militants. The TTP and foreign militants had made them hostages and occupied their houses by force. The Taliban have publicly killed even the religious scholars in Waziristan.

I have yet to come across a non-TTP resident of Waziristan who supports the Taliban or al Qaeda. Till recently they were terrified by the TTP to the extent that they would not open their mouth to oppose them. But now, having been displaced and out of their reach, some of them speak against them openly and many more than before in private conversations. They express their fear of the intelligence agencies of Pakistan whenever speaking against the Taliban. They see the two as two sides of the same coin.

What we read and hear in the print and electronic media of Pakistan about drone attacks as a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty or resulting in killing innocent civilians is not true so far as the people of Waziristan are concerned. According to them, al Qaeda and the TTP are dead scared of drone attacks and their leadership spends sleepless nights. This is a cause of pleasure for the tormented people of Waziristan.

Moreover, al Qaeda and the Taliban have done everything to stop the drone attacks by killing hundreds of innocent civilians on the pretext of their being American spies. They thought that by overwhelming the innocent people of Waziristan with terror tactics they would deter any potential informer, but they have failed. On many occasions the Taliban and al Qaeda have killed the alleged US spies in front of crowds of hundreds, even thousands of tribesmen. Interestingly, no one in Pakistan has raised objection to killings of the people of Waziristan on charges of spying for the US. This, the people of Waziristan informed, is a source of torture for them that their fellow Pakistanis condemn the killing of the terrorists but fall into deadly silence over the routine murders of tribesmen accused of spying for the US by the terrorists occupying their land.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Last edited:
It looks to me as if the only Terrorist attack that tool place on Pakistan soil was Friday's attack on Ahmadis and Every thing happened before that was not terrorism.

Thousand of average Pakistani's died in similar terrorist attacks and every one said its terrorism but when some people from a minority died, every one starting shouting, on top of their voices, that non-minority people (all of them ) are responsible, or the society is unjust, or the constitution is to blame.

Are these people nuts? Friday's attack was no where near an attack like Gojra. In Gojra average people (normal citizen) attacked and showed the thinking of the entire society. Friday's attack was a terrorist attack where only a handful of people were involved.

How can you generalize act of a few people into the thinking of whole society? For me that is Hasty Generalization and its a fallacy.

Its Serious Nonsense.

after first two paragraphs there's no mention of Ahmedis, no one is singling out the minorities article is talking about the general mindset :hitwall:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom