What's new

Tensions with Pakistan to bankrupt Afghanistan: Mian Zahid Hussain

I see a lot of huff and puff in some of the posts here but whats lacking is common sense. Lets not try to bankrupt each other :) as the side effects will have direct consequences on eachother.

BTW just curious when some of my Pakistani friends go overboard of Afghans being ungrateful, can you elaborate a bit more? Lets not get emotional its just a frank question that I would like to ask?

@Salman Zahidi @ArsalanKhan21

i dont understand why they want to trade directly with india ?
iran , Pakistan , china , kazakistan easily can provide what they want. If not then every country has right to cash itself as middleman to sale the items to third party .
Because Pak is not allowing the transit.....exposing the Central asian market to India will not be good for Pak so they are playing with Afghanistan.....

As far as Afghanistan is concerned....they arent against Pak either.....they want good deals......India is offering commodities at better prices but Pak is blocking them hence the direct link to India..

The best option would have been through wagah though

Says who ? just another pakistani.
Pakistanis are now crying goes on to prove that the road blocked by afghanistan of pakistan to central asia,has now started to biting pakistan. They are getting the taste of their own medcine.

i dont understand why they want to trade directly with india ?
iran , Pakistan , china , kazakistan easily can provide what they want. If not then every country has right to cash itself as middleman to sale the items to third party .

Thats what I too think about Pakistan.You can get whatever you want from India.why bother to go to Central Asia or China??

I see a lot of huff and puff in some of the posts here but whats lacking is common sense. Lets not try to bankrupt each other :) as the side effects will have direct consequences on eachother.

BTW just curious when some of my Pakistani friends go overboard of Afghans being ungrateful, can you elaborate a bit more? Lets not get emotional its just a frank question that I would like to ask?

@Salman Zahidi @ArsalanKhan21

I think it might be good to list out examples of the following:

1. huff and puff in some of the posts here but whats lacking is common sense.
--> I think economic warfare is as old as civilization -- many would argue (not all) that it is a far more humane form than one involving pikes and axes

2. Lets not try to bankrupt each other :) as the side effects will have direct consequences on each other.
--> Again countries try to do that -- not really very pleasant business -- but like war this is just a continuation of politics by other means -- and it is just coercion to achieving one state's perceived interests -- again how do you perceive this would be catastrophic for say Pakistan -- it would, IMHO, achieve Pakistanis objectives?

3. BTW just curious when some of my Pakistani friends go overboard of Afghans being ungrateful, can you
--> this comes genuinely as a surprise? are you genuinely unaware of the Pakistani narrative -- if you are we can certainly iterate it again, but I think Afghan are well aware of the Pakistani narrative (which at least from a Pakistani perspective) is internally consistent. I, as other people of Pakistani heritage are similarly familiar with the Afghan narrative but it seems to lack basic internal consistency.

I think it would be good for both Pakistanis and Afghan to have an honest point by point discussion about each other narratives -- but that is if you are serious -- I have to say I personally have sent you several, what I would in good faith think are succinct points/questions -- but to not hear any response or sometimes and oblique parry: which I hope you shall agree is not really conducive to a dialogue.

Sometimes I wonder if the leaders of Pakistan realize that the leaders of Afghanistan do not want to see Pakistan do well even at the expense of Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom