What's new

Tensions rise between Iran and Azerbaijan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surenas

Reaction score
In article Caucasus expert Stefan Meister from the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) in Berlin said that Azerbaijan is trying to preserve its independence vis-a-vis its big southern neighbor.

"This is about Iran's influence on Azerbaijan's politics and about the existing fear of Islamization," Meister said. "Azerbaijan feels threatened and is sending signals that it wants to work together with the West and be an important partner for the West in the region."

Stefan Meister also said that western nations should continue to support Azerbaijan but not interfere directly in its policies.

"The Americans have invested a lot in this country against the Russians and against Iran, and continue to do so. Azerbaijan is calling for support from the West." He warned western nations, however, from egging on Azerbaijan.

"There should be attempts to develop trust on other levels," Meister said. "There are areas such as the fight against drugs or economic relations where a lot can be done. The question is whether the governments are willing to do so."

Iranian parliamentarians threaten to revise the Turkmenchay treaty in which Iran gave Azerbaijan to the Russians:

"We as the members of the Islamic Consultative Assembly (the Parliament) warn the Baku leaders that if they don't desist from their vicious acts, we will revise the two disgraceful and imposed treaties of Golestan and Turkmenchay in the parliament," representative of Azeri-language speaking Oroumiyeh Nader Qazipour said at an open session of the parliament, APA reports quoting FARS News Agency.

A senior Iranian legislator warned the Azeri government to avoid any further mischievous acts “against Tehran” or wait for the approval of a parliament bill by Iran which would require the government to revise the Turkmenchay treaty. He also said that if a referendum is held among the Azeri residents of those cities which have been separated from Iran based on the Golestan and Turkmenchay treaties, the people of those areas will vote for their territories being annexed to Iran again.

Warning against Azerbaijan made at Iranian Parliament

are they really serious when they say that they are gonna reconsider the treaties??

@Surenas @Soheil @kollang @Era_923 @Shahin Vatani

He also said that if a referendum is held among the Azeri residents of those cities which have been separated from Iran based on the Golestan and Turkmenchay treaties, the people of those areas will vote for their territories being annexed to Iran again.

what about this text??will they really vote for iran against azerbaijan??

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval of unfriendly action by Iran against Azerbaijan 'unlikely'

It is unlikely that the Iranian leadership would approve unfriendly action against Azerbaijan, Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov told reporters on Thursday, commenting on the statements of several Iranian MPs on Azerbaijan.

"I do not believe Iran's leadership may approve such unfriendly steps against the country," Mammadyarov said.

The minister said Baku is currently looking into the matter.

http://www.azernews.az/azerbaijan/52113.html

I Arran ! I am a resident of Arran ! I am a descendant of Arran !

Arran is Caucasian Albania ! :azn:

We want to be with Iran and Dagestan! Together !

MZ26bmMzzaE.jpg

VIDEO
vk.com/video137523598_164669251
http://vk.com/video137523598_164669251
http://vk.com/video133773303_164470444
VIDEO
http://www.ex.ua/view_storage/214448296488

ybitcvi17UU.jpg

You urgently need to visit my topic ! ! !

http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/225101-news-caucasian-albania-lezgistan.html

+

header8.jpg

Lezgistan.tv
FLNKA.ru
tolishpress.org
antituran.com
tarnama.org
xocali.net
vk.com/public43930386
facebook.com/pages/Lezgistan-is-not-Azerbaijan/137380343013562
facebook.com/Lezgistan
Interesting sites are right (and others)
Alpan-fm.com
defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/224278-imam-yaraliev-dagestanis-derbent-5000-years.html
http://www.islamdag.ru/lichnosti/2645
http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/225101-news-caucasian-albania-lezgistan.html

Freedom Lezgistan!
Freedom Talyshistan!
Freedom Avaristan!
Freedom Tati!
Liberty Karabakh!
Freedom Caucasian Kurdistan
!Freedom of Caucasian Albania - Lezgistan!

Random bearded zealots of Iran are at it again...

He also said that if a referendum is held among the Azeri residents of those cities which have been separated from Iran based on the Golestan and Turkmenchay treaties, the people of those areas will vote for their territories being annexed to Iran again.

If a referendum is held among the Turks in Iran as well, i'd support that. Those areas will vote for their territories being annexed to Azerbaijan and Turkey. So i'm with the random Iranian legislator at this :)

Iran still has major influence in Azerbaijan (Talysh and southern region) and cities like Lenkaran in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan (Aliyev) is afraid that Iran will stir up election protests.

Random bearded zealots of Iran are at it again...

If a referendum is held among the Turks in Iran as well, i'd support that. Those areas will vote for their territories being annexed to Azerbaijan and Turkey. So i'm with the random Iranian legislator at this :)
Ok,lets deal.lets also spread this referandom into Kurdistan of Turkey.
ybitcvi17UU.jpg

bro,do you wanne lose another 81% of your territory?lol

Iran still has major influence in Azerbaijan (Talysh and southern region) and cities like Lenkaran in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan (Aliyev) is afraid that Iran will stir up election protests.

Just like the many other things Iran claims to have... But Iran should kindly keep those medieval thoughts aka 'influence' to itself.

Ok,lets deal.lets also spread this referandom into Kurdistan of Turkey.

Kurds in Turkey to Iran, Turks in Iran to Turkey. That would be fvcking amazing... Unfortunately, i don't think Kurds would want to do that, at least not the 7-8 million of them in the western parts of Turkey, particularly the ones in Istanbul.

Tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis are monthly visiting Iran to buy cheap food and enjoy Iranian health care. Especially Azerbaijanis from the Southern regions. I don't think that Iran would ever get back whole Azerbaijan, but if it push a little harder, we could liberate the Talysh region + the South. Also a nice way to create a buffer against Turkish influence from South Caucasus.

Just like the many other things Iran claims to have... But Iran should kindly keep those medieval thoughts aka 'influence' to itself.

Iran is not making those claims, but Azerbaijanis (officials) themselves. They are worried about Iran's presence in these cities/regions.

Kurds in Turkey to Iran, Turks in Iran to Turkey. That would be fvcking amazing... Unfortunately, i don't think Kurds would want to do that, at least not the 7-8 million of them in the western parts of Turkey, particularly the ones in Istanbul.
you made a mistake,dude.Kurds of Turkey to Iran and Azaris of Azarbaijan and Iran to Iran.a fair election will acquire this.deal?

Tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis are monthly visiting Iran to buy cheap food and enjoy Iranian health care. Especially Azerbaijanis from the Southern regions. I don't think that Iran would ever get back whole Azerbaijan, but if it push a little harder, we could liberate the Talysh region + the South. Also a nice way to create a buffer against Turkish influence from South Caucasus.

Cool story bro.

Btw thousands of Turks in Blacksea Region goes to Georgia for cheap stuff as well.

Cool story bro.

In South Caucasus such thinks are not unthinkable and Iran should really consider to get at least the Talysh regions back.

Btw thousands of Turks in Blacksea Region goes to Georgia for cheap stuff as well.

Nice, but southern Azerbaijan is more religious than other parts of Azerbaijan + a large portion of these people are Talysh (Iranians).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom