What's new

Ten Reasons Why Nepal Should Join India

O c'mon enough with the racism :crazy: and I would take Nepalese people over illegal Bangladeshis any given day. Besides Nepalese people have pretty much all the privilege in India anyways, wouldn't it be better if they bring their resources "to the table" as well?

I'm not a racist. I'm a pragmatist. Think about it. Indians are endogamous. Most will never marry outside their caste or region, forget marrying someone of another race. So you will get distinct racial aggregates and racism will remain a problem as it is now.
Btw what resources does Nepal have exactly? It's a piss poor country. Independent of the racial angle, it does not make economic sense to make Nepal a part of India. Just because you prefer Nepalese over Bangladeshis does not mean, we should let them in. We don't need either, especially Bangladesh.

I'm not a racist. I'm a pragmatist. Think about it. Indians are endogamous. Most will never marry outside their caste or region, forget marrying someone of another race. So you will get distinct racial aggregates and racism will remain a problem as it is now.
Btw what resources does Nepal have exactly? It's a piss poor country. Independent of the racial angle, it does not make economic sense to make Nepal a part of India. Just because you prefer Nepalese over Bangladeshis does not mean, we should let them in. We don't need either, especially Bangladesh.

Fresh water and hydel power a lot of it. Not to forget it eases the vulnerability of the so called "Chicken neck corridor".

I don't see any harm in an Autonomous Nepal within the Indian Union, only if its mutually agreeable though.

Economics. Our per capita will drastically reduce. Currently UP and Bihar, the two most underdeveloped states are allocated the maximum budget despite the fact that other states earn more in returns. Add Nepal to that and boom! Our economy will get screwed beyond repaid.

Neither we have oil and gas like Russia nor a powerful technology industrial complex churning out trillions of dollars worth of innovative tech like USA to compensate it. And neither does Nepal have it. Heck! Apart from our own deficits, we will also be handed Nepal's loans.

This is from our Indian stand point.

Now let me tell you the Nepali stand point because I know them too well. Many of them are locals here in Sikkim and share the common thinking and those not Indian citizens are just not at all interested in being Indian nationals.

1- They are too proud to be a part of India. They have corruption but are deeply cultural and proud to accept secoolarism Congress and AAP-style.

2- Nepal's identity to them is more important than common culture and no matter how much financial or asset-based benefit any country offers them, they won't accept. They remained unconquered throughout and they are proud of it.

Economics. Our per capita will drastically reduce. Currently UP and Bihar, the two most underdeveloped states are allocated the maximum budget despite the fact that other states earn more in returns. Add Nepal to that and boom! Our economy will get screwed beyond repaid.

Neither we have oil and gas like Russia nor a powerful technology industrial complex churning out trillions of dollars worth of innovative tech like USA to compensate it. And neither does Nepal have it. Heck! Apart from our own deficits, we will also be handed Nepal's loans.

This is from our Indian stand point.

Now let me tell you the Nepali stand point because I know them too well. Many of them are locals here in Sikkim and share the common thinking and those not Indian citizens are just not at all interested in being Indian nationals.

1- They are too proud to be a part of India. They have corruption but are deeply cultural and proud to accept secoolarism Congress and AAP-style.

2- Nepal's identity to them is more important than common culture and no matter how much financial or asset-based benefit any country offers them, they won't accept. They remained unconquered throughout and they are proud of it.

Instead of annexing other nations, we need to shed some of our own states.

Fresh water and hydel power a lot of it. Not to forget it eases the vulnerability of the so called "Chicken neck corridor".

You forget the other flip side: Our border with now-China will increase inviting more conflicts. Thanks to this secoolar, cowardly and corrupt government we can barely manage our current borders. You are talking about adding more.

Controlling Himalayas is our eventual objective but that is when we have something to back our demands. The current regime in Delhi is unable to even manage Delhi itself, let alone entire India. And for the one person who has delivered his work, he is being targeted all over the country.

Instead of annexing other nations, we need to shed some of our own states.

Are you a Gandhian or what? :blink:

Shedding our states? :crazy:

You forget the other flip side: Our border with now-China will increase inviting more conflicts. Thanks to this secoolar, cowardly and corrupt government we can barely manage our current borders. You are talking about adding more.

Controlling Himalayas is our eventual objective but that is when we have something to back our demands. The current regime in Delhi is unable to even manage Delhi itself, let alone entire India. And for the one person who has delivered his work, he is being targeted all over the country.

Are you a Gandhian or what? :blink:

Shedding our states? :crazy:

I was kidding but from a dispassionate perspective, reducing burden makes more sense than adding more burden. No I'm not a Gandhian. I despise his pacifism,

I think economically Nepal can self sustain itself just by producing hydel power and selling it to the rest of India, they just need the capital to set up those plants, and India can provide that capital. Nepal's population is a meager 28 Million, and for that 28 Million it brings a lot to the table, both economically and strategically.

And of course I wouldn't want it to happen right now, but maybe 15-20 years down the line when India would have hopefully sorted its shyte out. As far as a cultural thing is concerned, we can go for autonomous set up, an article 370sque set up, which will detest outsiders from settling in Nepal, and allow it to look after its domestic affairs. Foreign policy and military can be taken care by the Indian government.

Nepal population is near about 30 million more illegal Bangladeshis are living in India than Nepal's total population. We are getting nothing good from this Bangladeshis but crimes, rapes, riots they are not paying tax also. We will get fresh water, Hydro Power and lots of increase in tourism also

India has nothing to gain by annexing Nepal, the only thing it can gain is hash but I am sure you already have enough of it....

10/12 years back, i often saw posters on walls in Calcutta that "we want separate country for Bengal". Reason???

Bcz GoI don't publish data about Subhash Bose and Ganguly is not being given enough chances in Indian team :lol:

thats a funny reason.

From this thread I cannot conclude anything. People are discussing brainlessly. Just Put a poll and give a reason why you want it to be in Union of India.

I think economically Nepal can self sustain itself just by producing hydel power and selling it to the rest of India, they just need the capital to set up those plants, and India can provide that capital. Nepal's population is a meager 28 Million, and for that 28 Million it brings a lot to the table, both economically and strategically.

And of course I wouldn't want it to happen right now, but maybe 15-20 years down the line when India would have hopefully sorted its shyte out. As far as a cultural thing is concerned, we can go for autonomous set up, an article 370sque set up, which will detest outsiders from settling in Nepal, and allow it to look after its domestic affairs. Foreign policy and military can be taken care by the Indian government.

Halwa hai kya? It is only a bookish discussion. Just for fun. In reality it is not possible. Nepal is a sovereign country, it is upto the people of Nepal what they want. Nepal has been never invaded or never came under any one's rule. It looks good while talking but bringing Nepal under Indian Jurisdiction and Executive powers is superficial at-least for next 20-30 years.

Last edited:
From this thread I cannot conclude anything. People are discussing brainlessly. Just Put a poll and give a reason why you want it to be in Union of India.

Halwa hai kya? It is only a bookish discussion. Just for fun. In reality it is not possible. Nepal is a sovereign country, it is upto the people of Nepal what they want. Nepal has been never invaded or never came under any one's rule. It looks good while talking but bringing Nepal under Indian Jurisdiction and Executive powers is superficial at-least for next 20-30 years.

Yeah I already said that, it has to be mutually agreeable.

I have Nepalese family, even been there a few times. The only thing we will gain from annexing it is tourism.

Back
Top Bottom