What's new

Ten reasons why India will not and must not become a superpower

why is it said that india can't be a super power?

India is for sure a military power.

India has been taking innovative measures to reduce illiteracy. Eg: 1.sarva siksa abhiyan. Under this scheme education has been
Made available for many rural
Areas.
2.free education with lunch at
all govt.schools. This is supplemented by various other offers at school level. For
Eg., in kerala(my state),in addition to free lunch,milk and
egg is also given to school children free of cost. Also all students irrespective of their
school is eligible for a scholarship of rs.2000/- per
Year.

indias infrastructure is fast developing.
Eg: Indian authorities has taken special care in designing and developing new cities. This is clearly visible in the making of navi mumbai,the sister city of mumbai. As a result,many problems of mumbai has been
solved effectively in mumbai. As a result of the innovative
Construction techniques used,navi mumbai was chosen as
a 'mega city' by the national
geography channel.
Also,the new highways,airport
terminals,rural roads etc has
been developing. Indigenous constuction innovations like
the 'plastic taring' has also helped us a lot. Also flats were made for the slum dwellers in many areas. But many rents those flats and continues to live in the slums.

Nothing big was ever achieved without taking a lead!

As for the farmer, you are right. Not now, he may not be happy. But in the future, if all his needs are met and then some, at that point he may not care.

LOL, that will take a very long time indeed. :azn:

This list is a joke.China should be lower that is probably on 3rd after russia and india should only be 7 or 8. India has a lot of potential to become a superpower but not in the near future.

I agree. These rankings tend to overestimate the power of developing countries like China and India.

More than that I would love that India become a superpower in Soccer.

Now that is long long away.:cry:

my purpose of creating this thread was not to make grand statement that India will not or must not become superpower or not but to highlight the challenges our country is facing (with which i completely agree) and to debate them .so don't concentrate on term "superpower" only.i don't think any Indian here including me or Mr.Guha thinks India is or should be superpower. we all want India to be prosperous.
just like every body i want my country to grow.to see it as a respected world power.so don't doubt my intension's.

if u disagree with the points mentioned plz tell me why u disagree.
1.challenge of left wing extremism
2.right wing fundamentalism in all communities
3.decline of political center(conversion of political parties into family firms)
4.corruption and corrosion of public institutions
5.growing gap b/w rich and poor
6.environmental degradation
7.apathy of the media
8.political fragmentation and policy incoherence
9.disturbance in northeast and j&k
10.very unstable neighborhood

some of these problems are solvable but is our political system capable of solving these problems highlighted in red.

This thread is not about bashing or taking cheap shots at India/Indians

Ten reasons why India will not and must not become a superpower

How can it is 'should not'? :lol: Its like saying Japan should not develop! :rofl:

1.challenge of left wing extremism
Left wing extremism is dying.

2.right wing fundamentalism in all communities
All over the world it is true. In America and Europe. Which country does not have it?

3.decline of political center(conversion of political parties into family firms)
What it has to do with it? This is not new in India or anywhere else. In America also its there by some extent, Clinton, Bush etc.

4.corruption and corrosion of public institutions
There is not a single country without corruption. Many fast growing countries has more corruption than India.

5.growing gap b/w rich and poor
Rich and poor gap least since independence.

6.environmental degradation
:lol: Funny!

7.apathy of the media
So what he want a state media only? lol Which media in the world is not apathetic according to him? American? lol British? lol

8.political fragmentation and policy incoherence
What is it? How it stops India? Our policy makers are good, though we do not implement most of those policies. lol

9.disturbance in northeast and j&k
Insurgency is lower than any time.

10.very unstable neighborhood
So what? How it stops India? Border is well guarded. There may be immigrants but increased technology will stop them in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can it is 'should not'? :lol:

Left wing extremism is dying.

All over the world it is true. In America and Europe.

What it has to do with it? This is not new in India or anywhere else. America also its there by some extent.

There is not a single country without corruption. Many fast growing countries has more corruption than India.

Rich and poor gap least since independence.

:lol:

So what he want a state media only? lol

What is it? How it stops India?

Insurgency is lower than any time.

So what?

You just ripped his theory apart...

why is it said that india can't be a super power?

India is for sure a military power.

India has been taking innovative measures to reduce illiteracy. Eg: 1.sarva siksa abhiyan. Under this scheme education has been
Made available for many rural
Areas.
2.free education with lunch at
all govt.schools. This is supplemented by various other offers at school level. For
Eg., in kerala(my state),in addition to free lunch,milk and
egg is also given to school children free of cost. Also all students irrespective of their
school is eligible for a scholarship of rs.2000/- per
Year.

Simple. Any nation that actually believes it's almost a superpower when it's PCI is 1200 (less than half of Africa) can never be a superpower. And sad thing is that his is not even our original thought. West calls us superpower and being a typical boot licker, we say yes sir we are. At this stage, the very thought is sad and pathetic and yet we keep talking about this.

indias infrastructure is fast developing.
Eg: Indian authorities has taken special care in designing and developing new cities. This is clearly visible in the making of navi mumbai,the sister city of mumbai. As a result,many problems of mumbai has been
solved effectively in mumbai. As a result of the innovative
Construction techniques used,navi mumbai was chosen as
a 'mega city' by the national
geography channel.
Also,the new highways,airport
terminals,rural roads etc has
been developing. Indigenous constuction innovations like
the 'plastic taring' has also helped us a lot. Also flats were made for the slum dwellers in many areas. But many rents those flats and continues to live in the slums.

While I admire your sentiment and perhaps positive thinking is the key, things are not that clear cut. I will not say that India has not made any progress but it has been average at best and future may be not as rosy as you think.

India should not aim to be a superpower, but a gigantic peaceful Switzerland.

url

Back
Top Bottom