What's new

Ten from Kashmir crack civil services exam

Congrats fellas! You've done the Kashmiris proud!

images

Cheers!
drinking-48.GIF

Hearty Congratulations!!

1.There is a flood of Kashmiri boys and girls studying in BD colleges/universities. Initially there was some kind of bar from India. Although not officially, but no one allowed to come technically. The first instance happened when a son of a Kashmiri Minister managed to push through the system and enter one of our private medical colleges at Chittagong. Thereafter there has been no problem.

2. Because of insecurity parents prefer their children to go abroad and be safe. And BD is nearby and inexpensive.

Oh the great lord rajarajadi raja chola!:lol:

Bro,
Right now i am pursuing my mechanical engg. degree. I dont spend much time in FB. All i do in FB is to educate my friends on the rising power of india.
PDF, I use daily to keep in touch with the current geo politcal and defence affairs. It also gives me the opportunity to get in touch with different people from different parts of the world,their views and cultures,which plays a crucial role in making my views i.e, some of them influence me.

BTW, daily i spend atleast 1 hr disecting The Hindu.
Now i am a first yr student so no internet or laptop in hostel. Now the supply of Hindu is also blocked. So PDF and my cell phone is my only way to keep in touch with the world!

U see i am a engi student myself..
And i theoritically study The Hindu daily...
news here are good though...Its an exposure, though at the same time, it will not be completely usefull...
Doing IAS with a secondary subject choice willl be a good idea though, cos engineering subjects are more tough to crack...
1st year mech? :D
from 2nd year sub gonna get tough, atleast my friends in mech feel it tougher....
All the best :)
I too will try atleast once :)

Srinagar: With 10 from Jammu and Kashmir clearing this year's all-India civil services exams, the state is only next to UP and Bihar in sending maximum number of people for top government jobs.

While Syed Abid Shah, already in the Indian Police Service (IPS), is ranked 23. Sehrish Asgar, who topped the Jammu and Kashmir combined services exam in 2010, has secured the 118th rank.

Others who have made it to this year's final list of 910 candidates include Muhammad Aijaz, Manazir Jeelani, Raj Kumar Arya, Nitish Suri, Bashir Ahmad Bhat, Inam-ul-Haq, Qazi Muhammad Salman Ibrahim and Pooja Hali.

"More and more youths from the state are being selected in civil services. It won't be too long when the state will have sufficient representation in the services," said Inspector General of Police AG Mir, who belongs to Kupwara district.

Shah Faesal, a Kashmiri doctor, topped the 2009 civil services exams. He is presently the assistant commissioner (revenue) in Kashmir's Badgam district.

Congrats to them. So these people when appearing in exams put their nationality as Indians in Application form.

JK joins IAS churners league

news_5_5_2012_14.jpg

It seems that students from Jammu and Kashmir have taken civil services as primary career choice and cracking All India Civil Services examination is no more a Herculean task for them.
Jammu and Kashmir brains have once again made it to the union civil services aspirants — with a bang.
A look at the All India Civil Services examination result declared Friday makes it amply clear that the state’s youth no longer hanker after careers in medicine and engineering and they have set for themselves bigger goals. While a record 10 candidates cracked the All India civil services examination this year, seven candidates from the state had made it to the coveted services last year.
With this year’s feat of sending 10 candidates to the All India Services, Jammu and Kashmir has achieved the distinction of churning out the highest number of civil services aspirants after Bihar and UP given its population ratio.
30-year old Syed Aabid Rashid from Srinagar appears among the top 25 position holders in the All India Civil Services examination.
Hailing from Habib Colony in Baghat, Barzulla area of Srinagar, Aabid, son of a retired forest department official Abdur Rashid Shah and retired headmistress Jehan Ara Naqashbandi had appeared in All India Civil Services examination for the first time in 2010 securing 180th rank and was subsequently awarded IPS cadre (JK).
While undergoing training at National Police Academy Hyderabad, Aabid decided to give another try to Civil Services examination in 2011 to improve his rank.
Luckily this time, Aabid not only made it to IAS, but also finished among the top 25 throughout the country.
Talking to Greater Kashmir over phone from Hyderabad, Aabid said his mother and sister Andleeb were instrumental in the accomplishment of this great feat.
About the preparations, the medico says, there is need of more than one and half year strenuous studies to qualify the civil services examination.
“Quality of studies is more important than the quantity and an average of eight hours of dedicated hard work should help one get through,” he said, adding; “This being the mother of all examinations also calls for tremendous faith in divine help, perseverance and hard work besides intrinsic motivation to succeed against all odds”.
Aabid has a word for the youngsters of Valley.
“There is no dearth of talent and intelligence among the youth of JK. We can compete with the best brains in the world but what is required is motivation to succeed and earnest desire to touch the skies irrespective of all difficulties,” he says while urging youth to come forward for cracking the civil services.
Inam-ul-Haq Mengnoo, an orthopedic from South Kashmir’s Shopian district has bagged 280th position in the civil service examination.
Two Sopore youth have also made it to the All India Civil Services this year.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, a veterinarian, has secured 434th rank while Qazi Muhammad Salman Ibrahim figures at 459th ranking. This is for the first time that any Sopore youth has cracked the prestigious exam.
Hailing from powerful Samoon dynasty of landlocked Gurez, Dr Manazir Jeelani Samoon has cracked civil services examination by finishing at 451st position. Manazir is younger son of Dr Samoon Jeelani and Hajja Jeelani.
His father is Head of the Department at Clinical Hematology at SKIMS Soura and mother Hajja Jeelani is a government teacher working in Middle School Soura.
Manazir, a fresh pass-out from Government Medical College Srinagar, did not apply for job and instead focused on civil services examination.
“First of all I want to thank Almighty Allah for bestowing me with the feat. And support of my family and friends really encouraged and motivated me to get through the examination,” he said.
Four candidates from Jammu region including, a previous year KAS topper, have also qualified the prestigious and coveted All India Civil Services Examination.
Muhammad Aijaz, from village Dharna of tehsil Mendhar in district Poonch made his village proud by qualifying civil services examination. Last year, he had qualified Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and is currently posted as Assistant Commissioner Income tax in Mumbai.
Talking to Greater Kashmir over phone, Aijaz said: “I worked very hard in order to qualify IAS and during preparation my family was very supportive. I never went for coaching,” he said, adding that youth of JK should go for civil services instead of looking for other less viable career options.
“My advice to young students who are aspiring to qualify IAS is that they should do self study as it is the key for qualifying any civil services exam,” he said.
Aijaz did his schooling in local school at Poonch and later joined engineering college in Delhi to pursue BTech in mechanical engineering.
Syed Sehrish Asgar got 118th rank in the list of 910 candidates. She had also topped the Kashmir Administrative Services exam last year.
Raj Kamal Arya a resident of Jammu has got 882nd rank in the open merit in All India Civil Services examination. Arya is the alumni of Army School Domana. He completed his five year Degree in Law from the Law School University of Jammu in 2009.
Nitish Suri son of Santosh and PL Suri (Retd Chief Education Officer) of Udhampur has also cleared the Civil Services Examination.
A Kashmiri Pandit boy Aditya Fotedar has bagged 380th rank in the civil services examination.

JK joins IAS churners league Lastupdate:- Sat, 5 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

U see i am a engi student myself..
And i theoritically study The Hindu daily...
news here are good though...Its an exposure, though at the same time, it will not be completely usefull...
Doing IAS with a secondary subject choice willl be a good idea though, cos engineering subjects are more tough to crack...
1st year mech? :D
from 2nd year sub gonna get tough, atleast my friends in mech feel it tougher....
All the best :)
I too will try atleast once :)

Yeah bro,1st year mech!
In TN?

GR8...Kashmir is an integral part of India and Kasmir will prosper with India.Certain Country tried to separate Kashmir till late 1980's,got devastaed socio-economicaly.Supported a proxy war with terrorism against India now burnt its own face.Still they support terror organization in the name of Kashmir..very soon will become a failed state like Somalia or Sudan.Time to give up demand for Kashmir

1.There is a flood of Kashmiri boys and girls studying in BD colleges/universities. Initially there was some kind of bar from India. Although not officially, but no one allowed to come technically. The first instance happened when a son of a Kashmiri Minister managed to push through the system and enter one of our private medical colleges at Chittagong. Thereafter there has been no problem.

2. Because of insecurity parents prefer their children to go abroad and be safe. And BD is nearby and inexpensive.

Wonder why don't these Kashmiri don't send their kids to Pakistan to study. :P

Kashmir has a very large chunk of people preparing for UPSC CSE. There are thousand of those exchanging notes and discussion on line. A large number of IAS coaching hubs have come up there too. ICPJK offers free coaching too. Brilliant effort fellow Indians!

PS: The real question is "Kya ab Kashmir ban payega Pakisan?" :rofl:

Congratulations to successful candidates...

Sad to see my home state's share has decreased a lot... Will be appearing for this exam next year..

Back
Top Bottom