What's new

Temple committee builds house for Muslims in Kerala

76784_391321720952942_548576350_n.jpg

Alappuzha: Here’s a heart-warming story of faith and humanity transcending all religious barriers. This home is the result of love and compassion. A simple abode which is a beautiful reminder of the potential for religious co-existence in a literate State.

When fifty-two-year-old Jameela, a deaf-mute Muslim woman, receives the key of her newly-constructed house from the Kandamangalam temple administration committee on Monday, the moment will be a testimony to the harmony inherent among us, that has been seriously threatened in recent times.

The relationship between Jameela and the temple started at the beginning of 2000 when Jameela, an orphan, was noticed by the temple committee. She was battling poverty, further impeded by her inability to speak and hear. The Kannmangalam temple took Jameela under their wing and ‘adopted’ her.

Mr P.N. Dhananjayan, the secretary of the temple committee says that Monday, the day Jameela gets her own home, is going to be a special day. It will be special for the temple committee as well as the entire Kannaman-galam area, inhabited by Hindus as well as Muslims.

"When we first met her, she had no idea how she could go forward without a helping hand. Since then, she is being looked after by the temple committee.

Residing in a tiny home adjacent to the temple, she has dedicated her life to the temple activities despite being a devout Muslim," he says.

With the help of donations from devotees, the temple has constructed a small house with specially crafted designs made by skilled artisans from Cherthala. According to the Secretary, the temple has spent at least Rs 2 lakh on this.

"Despite being deaf-mute, Jameela has now become an epitome of religious integration," he says, adding that she is free to follow whichever religion she wishes.

"We are firm that our service will not become a liability or get in the way of her beliefs, but we are determined to provide her with better living standards," he adds.

"It has been the temple committee's long cherished dream to construct a house for her. That has been accomplished now. The house will officially be dedicated to her on Monday,” he signs off.

(Courtesy: Deccan Chronicle).

Temple constructs house for Muslim orphan woman | IndianMuslimObserver.com

My Syro Malabar church is built on land sponsored by a Hindu business man

Dont these guys have enough funding from abroad,do christians n muslims put donations in these temples.

Kerala ll never ever learn from their mistakes,they r bound to take vaman's leg on their heads and drown into the sea.

Dont these guys have enough funding from abroad,do christians n muslims put donations in these temples.

Kerala ll never ever learn from their mistakes,they r bound to take vaman's leg on their heads and drown into the sea.

Chill bro,what are you trying to say?

..well you dont have to worry too much about this in Kerala.

In Jan 2007 the Communist Government of Kerala cleared an ordinance with 33 suggested amendments to amend the Travancore - Cochin Hindu Religious Institutions Act 1950.

... under the new law, Christians and Muslims can now be part of the Hindu Temple board who's members are selected by the Government. The board will now forced to have 3 members of which 1 has to be a women and 1 has to be a SC/ST and the other member can be Hindu/Christian/Muslim :tup:. This board has the power to alter or stop any ritual of the temple including worship of the deity. :tup:

Secular Churches and Mosques are exempted by this ordinance. They will continue to be headed by 'men' only and will be autonomous without government control.

Buddy its politicians to take up the matter. Even Hindu temple trusts have to take the matter with govt.
In this thread, its heart full filling to see a harmony by the people of India.'

As far as conversion is voluntary , then there is no need for u to criticize it.
There are a lot of new Hindu converts in Christian west, but should they take action? Why should we?

Regarding law, its for politicians.

It doesnt really matter. This muslim women have served for the temple all her life. So whats wrong in temple helping a employee?

My Syro Malabar church is built on land sponsored by a Hindu business man

Very nice to hear :)

...wonderful.

....meanwhile ...... elsewhere in Kerala 2195 Hindu girls converted to Islam and 79 hindu girls converted to Christianity. 2 girls converted to Hinduism :tup:

Over 2500 women converted to Islam in Kerala since 2006, says Oommen Chandy : South, News - India Today

....and when Muslim Man converts to Hinduism two christian judges on Kerala High court has deemed the conversion illegal. :tup:

Kerala HC sets new norm for conversion before marriage | Firstpost

As someone said ..Only in India

Ya Even that Happens only in Kerala where Hindu is a Public Property ... Any 1 can forcefully convert scores of Hindus with Money , Muscle & political power ... Where Hindu Girls r treated as the Bi**thces of non-Hindus ... Any Tom Dick & Harry can be admitted in Temple administration even Non-Hindus & Non-Believers ...

Thanks to Secularism Hindu population of Kerala is today less then 50% & soon gonna be 20-25% ...

Bronxbull ..you dont get it. 90% of all business is owned by Christians and Muslims and if any Hindu businessman has to survive in Kerala he has to donate land to churches and Mosques to demonstrate that he is 'secular'.

BTW the biggest land owners in India is the India Railways ...the second largest land owners in India is ....CHURCH :tup:

Donations to temple are meant to develop temple...not for building houses for the poor. Tirupati is a different issue. It's covered in the endowments department so it's under government's handover. If it's the case with kerala temple also..then same is the case.

...in case you are not aware..all Temples in India come under the Government. Its only the Church and Mosque that has autonomy and operate with their own funds and foreign funds.

Temple comittee builds houses for muslims, and it becomes breaking news with hindutva Indians who on other threads spout venom on Islam, muslims ,arabs, brotherhood, ummah etc taking pride on the matter.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Naturally they would go on slaughtering muslims like anything after a day or two, so some PR projecting secular image in necessary. No body can beat U guys when it comes to Propaganda & deception. :cheers:

Temple comittee builds houses for muslims, and it becomes breaking news with hindutva Indians who on other threads spout venom on Islam, muslims ,arabs, brotherhood, ummah etc taking pride on the matter.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Naturally they would go on slaughtering muslims like anything after a day or two, so some PR projecting secular image in necessary. No body can beat U guys when it comes to Propaganda & deception. :cheers:

Chanakya tactics 101... mandatory course for all Hindutvas in school. Didnt you know? :coffee:

P.S. You might want to build some houses for the Bangladeshi Buddhists whose houses were burned by J I H A D I S

I was surprised, where are some of shameless fellows in this thread.
Gladly Luffy have filled this gap :D

Buddy its politicians to take up the matter. Even Hindu temple trusts have to take the matter with govt.

In case you are not aware...all temples in India are controlled by the 'Government'. All trust appointments is done by the Government. So are you suggesting government take up the matter with itself ?

.......so you are recommending that politicians take up religious matters like like building Ayodhya temple etc..

In this thread, its heart full filling to see a harmony by the people of India.'

I would see harmony by the people of India if I come across Mosques collecting money to build houses for Hindus...or is acts of 'harmony' only when temple builds it?

As far as conversion is voluntary , then there is no need for u to criticize it.

I am surprised that only by posting news items I have become a 'Critiq' of conversion. Let me guess...you are 'Secular kind'. If conversion is voluntary then why did the high court interfere only when Muslim converted to Hinduism ? Why not when hindu's converted to Islam ?

There are a lot of new Hindu converts in Christian west, but should they take action? Why should we?

What do I care if west coverts to Hindusim ..how is this relevant to me?

Regarding law, its for politicians.

It doesnt really matter. This muslim women have served for the temple all her life. So whats wrong in temple helping a employee?

.....I wonder how a muslim women could work in a temple. Its forbidden for non hindus to enter temples. I havent heard of any cases where temple builds house even for the 'poojari' forget other employees.

...in case you are not aware..all Temples in India come under the Government. Its only the Church and Mosque that has autonomy and operate with their own funds and foreign funds.
In case you are not aware, not all temples come under endowments department. It would be wise to know about the facts before posting something.

In case you are not aware...all temples in India are controlled by the 'Government'. All trust appointments is done by the Government. So are you suggesting government take up the matter with itself ?

.......so you are recommending that politicians take up religious matters like like building Ayodhya temple etc..

I would see harmony by the people of India if I come across Mosques collecting money to build houses for Hindus...or is acts of 'harmony' only when temple builds it?

I am surprised that only by posting news items I have become a 'Critiq' of conversion. Let me guess...you are 'Secular kind'. If conversion is voluntary then why did the high court interfere only when Muslim converted to Hinduism ? Why not when hindu's converted to Islam ?

What do I care if west coverts to Hindusim ..how is this relevant to me?

.....I wonder how a muslim women could work in a temple. Its forbidden for non hindus to enter temples. I havent heard of any cases where temple builds house even for the 'poojari' forget other employees.

Some Good things dont really come out. Even our family temple trust committee built houses for all its employee. (Its not under Govt period).
As for the High court case, I cannot comment about it now. If u could post details of the case, why exactly their conversion was rejected, i will happily go by you. :)
In Bihar Muslims did help Hindus build a temple. It was discussed here in PDF.
No GOD ever says, that people of other religion shouldnt enter their premises. If thats a man made law, i say, its sick

Back
Top Bottom