What's new

Televised Debates

Naya Pakistan

New Recruit

Reaction score
In all established democracies it is a norm for the leaders of the parties participating in elections to articulate their policies and be cross examined by their peers in a televised debate.

It helps the electorate to understand the differences in policies and allows the electorate to formulate opinions to make informed decisions as to how they are likely to vote in the elections.

Presently, I like many others, do not understand what the policy differences there are between the different parties. We are only exposed to the personalities.

Therefore I suggest that the leaders of all the major parties agree to televised debates for the benefit of the electorate.

But how can the public force this upon unwilling leaders?????

My view is to shame the ***tards but then I realise that Noonies and Ghadaries don't do shame.

In all established democracies it is a norm for the leaders of the parties participating in elections to articulate their policies and be cross examined by their peers in a televised debate.

It helps the electorate to understand the differences in policies and allows the electorate to formulate opinions to make informed decisions as to how they are likely to vote in the elections.

Presently, I like many others, do not understand what the policy differences there are between the different parties. We are only exposed to the personalities.

Therefore I suggest that the leaders of all the major parties agree to televised debates for the benefit of the electorate.

But how can the public force this upon unwilling leaders?????

there are already debates telecasted in geo tv, but pakistani people dont about the policies, they just care about blind support

i started this thread which recieved zero comments

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...bate-law-enforcement-policies.html?highlight=

True, but a debate not by the minions of the great leaders as can be seen on a daily basis on tv rabitting on and on....But debates between actual candidates for the post of Prime minister i.e. ganja sahib, ghadari or his new prime minister and IK.

well there is unlikely chance of Leaders to have a face to face debate... our media is too corporate media to enforce should democratic values into our system !!

I demand Imran Khan / Nawaz Shareef open debate.

I know Noonis will run from it.. they know this will be devastating for PMLN and Nawz Shareef's Political future.

I know IK has challenged ganja noonie for a debate on tv yesterday and the lady interviewer was quite excited by the prospects. I suppose ganja knows he will look pathetic in front of the great khan and will make excuses. We really need his debate as it will help people to understand stature of the leaders and policies of these guys. I would relish the thought of such a debate in the lines of the American presidential debates.

I demand Imran Khan / Nawaz Shareef open debate.

I know Noonis will run from it.. they know this will be devastating for PMLN and Nawz Shareef's Political future.

Why not IK vs Zardari, Altaf Hussain or Musharraf? I demand debate between all political leaders.

True, but a debate not by the minions of the great leaders as can be seen on a daily basis on tv rabitting on and on....But debates between actual candidates for the post of Prime minister i.e. ganja sahib, ghadari or his new prime minister and IK.

and do you think one guy forms the entire party do you?

thing is there is blind support pakistanis dont care about debates based on policies

Only if we can build the swell of interest from the general public and the noonies and ghadaries may relent. How do we achieve this???

Why not IK vs Zardari, Altaf Hussain or Musharraf? I demand debate between all political leaders.

Zardari, Altaf HUssain and Musharaf are in the second line of race. IK and Nawaz Shareef will be competing for Permier Ship.

By the way, Why to take Moulna Diesel, Aswand Yar, Ch. Shuda and Sheikh Rasheed out? What about Bazinjo and Minorities? Why not a debate between everybody?

and do you think one guy forms the entire party do you?

thing is there is blind support pakistanis dont care about debates based on policies

No one guy forms the entire party and I accept this. My point is that the figure head I.e. the leader who represents the party should have an opportunity to articulate and be cross examined by his opponent/s in live televised debate.

We know there is blind support but by a television debate there will be non blind support. Lol

Zardari, Altaf HUssain and Musharaf are in the second line of race. IK and Nawaz Shareef will be competing for Permier Ship.

By the way, Why to take Moulna Diesel, Aswand Yar, Ch. Shuda and Sheikh Rasheed out? What about Bazinjo and Minorities? Why not a debate between everybody?

Excellent and why not. The more the merrier. This will certainly differentiate between men and mice.

Read my full post.

what about qayyum jatoi of PMLN, corruption is our right, he will explain how he will obtain such right by making corruption legal :omghaha:

No one guy forms the entire party and I accept this. My point is that the figure head I.e. the leader who represents the party should have an opportunity to articulate and be cross examined by his opponent/s in live televised debate.

We know there is blind support but by a television debate there will be non blind support. Lol

Excellent and why not. The more the merrier. This will certainly differentiate between men and mice.

Even Nawaz Shareef falls short of being "a man" but he is nevertheless the second most popular political person in the country. We need to expose him so I am challanging PMLN leadership to have debate with PTI leadership. We will see who should we debate after that.

BUT as we know, Noonis will flee.. they have no survival after debate. Nawaz Shareef cannot hold audience in his own jalsa.. what wonder would he do in public debate?

what about qayyum jatoi of PMLN, corruption is our right, he will explain how he will obtain such right by making corruption legal :omghaha:

PTI kay against weight berhanay kay lea poti bhi khani paray to PMLN khaye gi. Terrorists kay sath bhi to seat adjusment kar li..

http://youtu.be/98Bwoz59nLk

540872_455484047856878_902277386_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom