Teletalk to launch 3G technology Oct 14: Minister

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Teletalk to launch 3G technology Oct 14: Minister

UNBconnect... - Teletalk to launch 3G technology Oct 14: Minister

Reported by: UNBConnect
Reported on: October 04, 2012 21:43 PM
Reported in: Technology

Dhaka, Oct 4 (UNB) - State-run mobile phone operator Teletalk will launch the much-awaited third generation (3G) mobile technology on October 14, Posts and Telecommunications Minister Adv Shahara Khatun said here on Thursday.

Other mobile phone operators will come up with the same technology early next year, she said while visiting Ramna Telephone Bhaban to see the progress of launching the 3G services. Posts and Telecom Secretary Sunil Kanti Bose was also present.

The Home Minister directed the officials concerned to be more active to increase the Teletalk subscribers’ base and improve the quality of its services.

“We need to ascertain the reasons why Teletalk is lagging behind while other operators are moving ahead with their growing subscribers,” she said.

She warned the officials against corruption saying, “I believe in action, not talks. No graft will be tolerated.”

The government’s aim is to provide 3G technology to Teletalk subscribers keeping the present call charge unchanged so that everyone can avail of the new technology.

Teletalk has taken the initiative following the government's August 9 decision to launch the 3G technology using the networks of the state-run mobile phone company first.

3G is a term used to represent the third generation of mobile telecommunications technology. This is a set of standards used for mobile devices and mobile telecommunication services. 3G technologies enabled faster data-transmission, greater network capacity and more advanced network services.

do u guys have private telecom operators in BD or its just public monopoly n do u have Indian operators also???:what:

do u guys have private telecom operators in BD or its just public monopoly n do u have Indian operators also???:what:

It has 6 mobile operators 5 GSM, 1 CDMA. Out of which 1 GSM company is government owned. Yes there is an Indian GSM company also named Airtel which own 70% of formerly Warid Telecom and now Airtel Bangladesh.

And in 2010 i though india was late, anyways Best of luck to BD guys :enjoy:

Do you have any idea why there were the delay in India and Bangladesh also??? If not dnt talk sh!it. It is mainly because of the PSTN companies. The problem is frequency spectrum of PSTN companies overlap with the 3G spectrum. Thats why it was not possible to implement 3G as both India and Bangladesh immaturely provided license to these companies without thinking about the 3G.

Bangladesh was thinking to implement 3G from back 2005-2006 but presence of PSTN companies was the main problem. Then it came the military backed caretaker government which stopped the whole process. But government dealt with the PSTN companies by terminating their license with the excuse of illegal voip which paved the way for 3G in Bangladesh. But out of 6 only 4 is supposed to get 3G and Teletalk is one of them.

Most of the developed world is already using 4G and next one to be introduced is 5G (already introduced by Apple?) which will be wireless wifi Internet mobiles. However, with the introduction of 3G, BD telephone sector promotes itself to a higher stage of development.

I believe 4G should be introduced at a much later time because the 3G makers, system builders and operators must get profit out of their 3G business before they use huge capital for 4G.

Do you have any idea why there were the delay in India and Bangladesh also??? If not dnt talk sh!it. It is mainly because of the PSTN companies.

You'av got problem son?? Dont try to act smart, you are just a kid from bangladesss. I generally don't talk rude but here cant help my self. See In india, 3G got delayed because of number of reasons and i will not write all of them here just because a nut Job like you thinks he is knows it all.

In India bureaucracy stalled the process, they started off the process of auctioning late. Regulators also banned the operators from buying equipment from low cost chinees brands like ZTE. Also in India, No company had national wide access to 3G network bands so they needed to form Alliances with rivals which was also a big hurdle.

Auctions started in 2010 in India and it takes time to implement such Tech nationally. So in your country if you are planing to start it now it will again take time to implement & cover every part of the country. Ignorant fella, i know what i was talking and i didn't meant any thing wrong to you or to BD.

Now, if you think you are so intelligent and faster than speed of light. Then go run with your speed around a tree in a circle, after a while you will find that you are Fu*** your self. And how convenient that's gonna be, see i don't have time and energy to do that with you every time. So pls help your self.

Most of the developed world is already using 4G and next one to be introduced is 5G (already introduced by Apple?) which will be wireless wifi Internet mobiles. However, with the introduction of 3G, BD telephone sector promotes itself to a higher stage of development.

I believe 4G should be introduced at a much later time because the 3G makers, system builders and operators must get profit out of their 3G business before they use huge capital for 4G.

Umm dude there is no 5G program as of yet. Only a few low-key concepts, which are yet to find a willing investor......
BTW, I was under the impression that airtel had already introduced 3G in BD long time back............or was it SL??

Wimax is a 4G technology. It is already there in Bangladesh. Some company have already contract to use the spectrum with the wimax copanies.

Umm dude there is no 5G program as of yet. Only a few low-key concepts, which are yet to find a willing investor......
BTW, I was under the impression that airtel had already introduced 3G in BD long time back............or was it SL??

Warid telecom built their network based on both 3G/2G network when they came into the market. So Airtel was not needed to invest much to introduce 3G. Though I am not sure whether they able to manage 3G spectrum or not.

You'av got problem son?? Dont try to act smart, you are just a kid from bangladesss. I generally don't talk rude but here cant help my self. See In india, 3G got delayed because of number of reasons and i will not write all of them here just because a nut Job like you thinks he is knows it all.

In India bureaucracy stalled the process, they started off the process of auctioning late. Regulators also banned the operators from buying equipment from low cost chinees brands like ZTE. Also in India, No company had national wide access to 3G network bands so they needed to form Alliances with rivals which was also a big hurdle.

Auctions started in 2010 in India and it takes time to implement such Tech nationally. So in your country if you are planing to start it now it will again take time to implement & cover every part of the country. Ignorant fella, i know what i was talking and i didn't meant any thing wrong to you or to BD.

Now, if you think you are so intelligent and faster than speed of light. Then go run with your speed around a tree in a circle, after a while you will find that you are Fu*** your self. And how convenient that's gonna be, see i don't have time and energy to do that with you every time. So pls help your self.

Those are secondary issues, prime issue is frequency allocation which does not create interference with others. PSTN frequency overlap with the frequency spectrum of 3G. It was the big problem. Providing 3G coverage nationwide, selecting equipment etc. comes later. For your info all the company start providing 3G in big cities first then move to other areas of the country. They keep EDGE technology for other part of the country. In remote areas sometime GPRS.

It was the big problem. Providing 3G coverage nationwide, selecting equipment etc. comes later. For your info all the company start providing 3G in big cities first then move to other areas of the country. They keep EDGE technology for other part of the country. In remote areas sometime GPRS.

Hardware needs to be in place, because regulators denied the necessary equipment's there was further delay in the execution. In india not only 3G all major tech controlled (or subsidised) by Govt come in seven big cities first. And yes in India also it was edge that was used for 3g.

The only people i know that use teltall are drug dealers:lol: and i have more than 1000 contacts in my cell.

Back
Top Bottom