What's new

Teletalk to launch 3G technology Oct 14: Minister

Guys..it's Desert Khatun again :D, hopefully Teletalk is going to be completely GPRS compliant with her 3G implementation...don't forget 48 hours ultimatum of Sagar-Runi murder ;) .

And in 2010 i though india was late, anyways Best of luck to BD guys :enjoy:

Thanks mate but that is still a long way. Teletalk's service is usually shite. Their network is good. ut management and other stuff is neglected too much. You know in a Govt job, it is too tough to fire someone.

do u guys have private telecom operators in BD or its just public monopoly n do u have Indian operators also???:what:
yah we do. Go do some research. Go to BTRC website.

And yah Indian guys stop shitting me mate with your so called 3G . i was in Calcutta not so long ago, used Vodafone. Paid also. But got bloody 2G/EDGE mainly. I guess you have 3G in major city's but not in every city/town......but yeah these guys did improve network coverage now ....

How about Grameen Phone? They have good service all over. I used data and voice service last time when I was in BD about 4 month ago.

By the way, is Bharti owned Airtel dying out or what?

How about Grameen Phone? They have good service all over. I used data and voice service last time when I was in BD about 4 month ago.

By the way, is Bharti owned Airtel dying out or what?

GP is a little pricey, but better service than others.

Airtel mostly caters to the younger crowd like students. They are doing pretty good in fact.

Market share:
As at 31 March 2012, Grameenphone had a market share of 42.2%. In addition to Grameenphone, there are five other mobile operators in Bangladesh. These operators and their market shares as at 31 March 2012 are: Banglalink (27.5%), Robi (19.8%), Airtel Bangladesh (7.1%), Citycell (2.0%) and Teletalk (1.4%). Competition among operators is intense and tariff levels are among the lowest in the world.
http://telenor.com/investor-relations/company-facts/business-description/grameenphone-bangladesh/

Last year, Airtel had 5.4%.
According to analysis by the Mobile World, the company ended last year with just 3.2 million customers, and a market share of 5.4%.
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/49218.php

Citycell deserves to die considering they were the very first service provider in the country. And now look at their market share :lol:

I used bharti airtell when i visited Bangladesh due to its blackberry service. They charge 900 taka for bb internet service where grameen charged 2300 taka

GP is a little pricey, but better service than others.

Airtel mostly caters to the younger crowd like students. They are doing pretty good in fact.

Market share:

Grameenphone, Bangladesh

Last year, Airtel had 5.4%.

Let us wait another year or so. We will force them to go to bankrupt. This Bharti thief was helped by mother thief la-hasiana.

Let us wait another year or so. We will force them to go to bankrupt. This Bharti thief was helped by mother thief la-hasiana.

Airtel operates in 20 countries across South Asia, Africa and the Channel Islands. Airtel has GSM network in all countries, providing 2G, 3G and 4G services depending upon the country of operation. Airtel is the world's third-largest mobile telecommunications company with over 261 million
subscribers across 20 countries
as of August 2012.
It is the largest cellular service provider in India, with 186.9 million
subscribers at the end of August 2012. Airtel is the third largest in-country mobile
operator by subscriber base,
behind China Mobile and China Unicom.

Bharti Airtel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With Airtel BD market share rising from mere 5.4% to 19.8% within just as year i think u better start working for ur Bankrupting plans quickly:D

Talk sense kid. Total subscribers of Airtel are more than the entire Population of BD.

Prices with respect to 2G??

with regards to 2G and 2.5G, EDGE/CDMA in our country, I would say not much of difference. Say for example with TK.300 from a 2G operator I can get 1GB worth of traffic , and from wimax operator for TK. 400, I will get 1.5GB , both have validity of 30 days. And obviously the wimax have better speed.

Teletalk introduces 3G mobile technology

Sat, Oct 13th, 2012 7:53 pm BdST

Dhaka, Oct 13 (bdnews24.com)--State-run mobile phone operator Teletalk is set to introduce the much-awaited third generation (3G) mobile technology, for the first time in the country, on Sunday that provides video calling, mobile TV, high-speed download.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the service on an experimental basis, Mujibur Rahman, Managing Director of the state-owned cell phone operator, told bdnews24.com.

The official said that they have completed all the preparations in this regard and that the government's aim is to provide 3G technology to Teletalk subscribers very soon.

3G is a term used to represent the third generation of mobile telecommunications technology. It is fully a wireless broadband which is technically called high-speed packet access (HSPA), and it can be enjoyed through 3G- enabled handsets, smartphones and modems. 3G technologies enables faster data-transmission, greater network capacity and more advanced network services.

After installing the 3G technology, the mobile user would enjoy the Real-Time Video Calling, Live Mobile TV, High-Speed Download, HD gaming, e-education, public health, tele-medicine and e-shopping.

A senior official of the Teletalk said that Teletalk Bangladesh Limited would publish advertisements in the newspapers about 3G service this month.

Initial price for a 3G-enabled SIM ((Subscriber Identification Module) will be Tk 1,000 while existing users will get preference. Preparations are over to provide the services to over 300,000 subscribers in the capital initially after the inauguration.

According to the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission, untill August, Teletalk had nearly 1.4 million subscribers of which only 25,000 subscribers are using its internet connection while the six mobile-phone operators had a combined 99.5 million subscribers.

Being the state-run operator, Teletalk was given the opportunity to launch 3G experimentally before other operators. It was supposed to launch the service in March for six months but deferred the launch for 'technical reasons.'

The recently approved 3G licence draft says the spectrum would be auctioned by this year. Teletalk will have to take the 3G spectrum spending the same amount of money like others even if it does not take part in the auction.

Apart from Bangladesh's private operators Grameenphone, Banglalink, Citycell, Airtel and Robi, foreign companies will also be able to take part in the auction.

bdnews24.com/sha/skb/1920h

It is today, lets wait and see...

Teletalk should get blackberry service so that i can use it or i will just have to wait for airtell:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom