What's new

tejas wont be inducted in large numbers

zsm5stealthbomber

Reaction score
on my visit to kerala a few months back,i brought an edition of a magazine named the week.

in it i found evidence stating that india is not going to induct the tejas in big numbers

copyoftejas.jpg

check out the last paragraph

After FOC, the production rate of Tejas will pick up, GoI might include private players to ramp up the production rate.

We can definitely use it in numbers against PAF.

Our more advanced jets will be better utilised on our eastern borders.

For PAF, Tejas en masse will be good enough.

By 'en masse', I mean about 500 planes. Only for PAF.

I think it will be especially the MkII which by the spunds of it will be a very capable plane. The reason is simple, if you look at the current IAF fleet, there are a number of old and obsolete a/c aswell as a very large range of different a/c operating in the same roles:

MiG-21 (Bison)- Interceptor, limited a2g capability
MiG-29 (being UPG for a2g as well) air superiority
Mirage 2000H (UPG soon) Multi-role a/c
SU-30MKI- as defined by IAF "air dominance" and significant strike capability
Mig 27 (some have been given limited UPG)- ground attack a/c
Jaguar (given quite an extensive UPG and talks for engine refit are a maybe)- pure ground a/c and maritime strike (1 SQD of IM operated by IAF)

That is SIX different fighters with many doing over lapping roles and by 2025 the PAK-FA/ FGFA, MMRCA, AMCA, LCA will be inducted. That's another FIVE fighters (as PAK FA/FGFA will have some major differences) and MKI is likely to be kept for some time, so either the LCA is inducted and large numbers to replace quite a few jets already in use with IAF or yet another plane is added, making IAF logistics even more of a nightmare. It truly is a complex and difficult situation.

on my visit to kerala a few months back,i brought an edition of a magazine named the week.

in it i found evidence stating that india is not going to induct the tejas in big numbers

copyoftejas.jpg

check out the last paragraph

Yes you are right LCA MK1 is not going to be inducted in large numbers. I think you jumped the gun and trying to be too smart... ! LCA MK II is the one going to be inducted in large numbers. MK I is just 1 or at the max. 2 sqdn.

Yes you are right LCA MK1 is not going to be inducted in large numbers. I think you jumped the gun and trying to be too smart... ! LCA MK II is the one going to be inducted in large numbers. MK I is just 1 or at the max. 2 sqdn.

i am not trying to be too smart.
so you agrees that lca mk1 wont be there in large numbers.
And lca mk2--we can talk about it when it finally becomes a reality

It will be a realty much before JF-17 block 2..
Design is already competed and will be inducted by 2016
Eat mud till then

Heya, you did not bring up anything new in this thread. 2 squadrons based at Sulur is all that the IAF is getting of Tejas Mk.1.
Why has the contract for 99 GE 414 IN engines been signed? To power up the Tejas Mk.2. Not to run some Suzuki 800s. So draw your inferences from that. BTW, the Tejas Mk.1 runs on the GE 404 engines. Which are already in place, so have to be used up, instead of falling to rust.
Now do the numbers! :coffee:

This thread hit the tiny ego ones here :bunny:
arent we insecure...

Not many answers that did not sound like someone's butt was on fire..

The Tejas Mk.II.. as shown in Aero India.. is absolutely unimpressive.
And I doubt whether the IAF will want it shoved down their throats like the first one.

arent we insecure...

And I doubt whether the IAF will want it shoved down their throats like the first one.

tejas mk2 is still under development phase if im not wrong ?? when did u get to see it :azn:
or r u talking about the model shown at aero india ?

arent we insecure...

There is no Tejas MK II yet except on paper. How did you see it?

It will be a realty much before JF-17 block 2..
Design is already competed and will be inducted by 2016
Eat mud till then

why areyou drag jf 17 into it?

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

all indians,
what i posted here is a page from an INDIAN magazine.
present some genuine facts, if you have some!

Back
Top Bottom