What's new

‘Tejas’ to prove its mettle with 8 ‘G’ maneuvers during Aero India 2017

r@ven21

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
cnz04Ag.jpg

Made-in-India ‘Tejas’ fighter jet will demonstrate its combat-readiness with the challenging and risky 8 “G” maneuver during Aero India 2017 commencing on February 14.This will be the first demonstration of this maneuver after the fighter jets joined the IAF fleet as the new “Flying Daggers’ 45” squadron in July 2016. Such a tight climb and turn are executed by fighter jets during combat, soon after firing an air-to-air missile. The 8 “G” maneuver was one of the key operations mandated by the IAF for Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of ‘Tejas.’ The other key operation, air-to-air refueling too has been demonstrated, and a combat jet with the refueling probe, will debut at the air show, according to sources in Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).

Despite being an Indian I have only criticism for Tejas plane.

I don't understand what Indians blabber about when they say that Tejas plane is indigenous.

Let us take the promise of indigenous development. In 1986 an agreement was quietly signed with the United States that permitted DRDO to work with four US Air force laboratories. The to-be-indigenously-developed engine for the LCA -- Kaveri -- was forgotten and the US made General Electric F-404 engine was substituted. Radar was sourced from Erricson Ferranti, carbon-fibre composite panels for wings from Alenia and fly-by-wire controls from Lockheed Martin. Design help was sought from British Aerospace, Avion Marcel Dassault and Deutsche Aerospace. Wind tunnel testing was done in the US, Russia and France. As for armaments -- missiles, guns, rockets and bombs -- every last item was to be imported.

I don't understand what Indians blabber about when they say that Tejas plane is indigenous.

Let us take the promise of indigenous development. In 1986 an agreement was quietly signed with the United States that permitted DRDO to work with four US Air force laboratories. The to-be-indigenously-developed engine for the LCA -- Kaveri -- was forgotten and the US made General Electric F-404 engine was substituted. Radar was sourced from Erricson Ferranti, carbon-fibre composite panels for wings from Alenia and fly-by-wire controls from Lockheed Martin. Design help was sought from British Aerospace, Avion Marcel Dassault and Deutsche Aerospace. Wind tunnel testing was done in the US, Russia and France. As for armaments -- missiles, guns, rockets and bombs -- every last item was to be imported.
90% point you written in your post are incorrect . Actually for criticism you need knowledge .

Flase flagger, trying to justify your criticism in one post without any concrete evidence and posting useless rhetorics.

Flase flagger, trying to justify your criticism in one post without any concrete evidence and posting useless rhetorics.
Accusations of being a false flagged for having a different opinion than yours is not the way to go buddy.
Kindly counter his points and debate if you want to contribute and prove your POV.

A video is much appreciated.. not any video plz..Only 8G's video ..thanks in advance :enjoy:
Bahrain air show it is on you tube . You can see .

Accusations of being a false flagged for having a different opinion than yours is not the way to go buddy.
Kindly counter his points and debate if you want to contribute and prove your POV.
Please provide a single link for radar , carbon composite and fly by wire source you mentioned . Please get your basics done up to the mark . Donot put heavy weighted words , put sources of your claim .

Air frame is copy of mirage...
Even the program has its roots, decade earlier than what India officially declare.

Please provide a single link for radar , carbon composite and fly by wire source you mentioned . Please get your basics done up to the mark . Donot put heavy weighted words , put sources of your claim .
Well that was not my post, I was defending the OP.:dirol:

It is always EASIER to criticise than to Create something
Its even easier to create nothing and object to criticism.
In current case.. there's actually rare appreciation for those who actually built Teja.

Air frame is copy of mirage...
Even the program has its roots, decade earlier than what India officially declare.
Thanks for the info. Could be true. India has a similar history of plagiarism or failure in other things like Arjun tank, INSAS rifle, Kaveri engine etcetera.

Back
Top Bottom