What's new

Tejas successfully test fires R-73 missiles

Pakistan do not have any radar based missile.

Do you really know what you're talking about? What is the Matra 530 then? Pakistan has had radar guided missiles since the late 60s, 1970. Here is an account of our Mirages using medium range Matra 530s in the 70s:

Aeronaut: Mirages at War

Flt Lt Salimuddin Awan and his wingman Flt Lt Riazuddin Shaikh, who were patrolling in their Mirages over Gujranwala-Sheikhupura area, were vectored by ground radar onto the two Su-7s. Salimuddin, who was carrying a R-530 radar-guided missile alongwith two Sidewinders [..]

I won't even bring up the AMRAAM...

Don't take it as a troll

But whats the big deal? Is it the first time LCA fired a missile and that WVR.?

It fired same missile in 2007 also.

But this time, they wanted to test the newly integrated HMD,Radar and different avionics in a hot and humid condition.

Its a big deal for them, who actually involve in the pain sticking process of building and testing a new generation fighter aircraft, not just buy or licensed produce them.

Do you really know what you're talking about? What is the Matra 530 then? Pakistan has had radar guided missiles since the late 60s, 1970. Here is an account of our Mirages using medium range Matra 530s in the 70s:

Aeronaut: Mirages at War

Flt Lt Salimuddin Awan and his wingman Flt Lt Riazuddin Shaikh, who were patrolling in their Mirages over Gujranwala-Sheikhupura area, were vectored by ground radar onto the two Su-7s. Salimuddin, who was carrying a R-530 radar-guided missile alongwith two Sidewinders [..]

I won't even bring up the AMRAAM...

I mean radar guided missile also called command guidance. AMRAAM is a active radar seeker based missile not guided by radar.

Use your head, the R-73 is not radar based missile. :lol:

:hitwall: I replied to a radar based missile inquiry.
Before reading my reply read what i quoted.

Pakistani missiles are not the subject matter.

Use your head, the R-73 is not radar based missile. :lol:

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: After reading this, i honestly don't know whether to reply or not. AMRAAMs, SD10, R Darters, Matra 530. Honestly do your homework.

Its Indeed a Pleasure Knowing Tejas Has Been Undergoing Some Serious and Rapid Changes to Make it Ready for an IOC this December... After Years of Hard Work India Is On the Verge Of Overcoming a Technological Barrier which Was Put before us After Conducting Nuclear Tests.... This is a Technological Breakthrough for India... We Can Proudly Say that During the Tejas Mission We Have Researched Upon Each and Every Component...

As Said By Dr Subramaniyam (Director ADA) "today we Have Bridged the Gap of 30 Years of technology In Tejas Program, If In Future we Take Up a Next Gen Aircraft Program, it would have an Edge over Its Contemporaries"

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: After reading this, i honestly don't know whether to reply or not. AMRAAMs, SD10, R Darters, Matra 530. Honestly do your homework.

SD10, R Darters are not in service atleast R DARTER not even consider ,better you come of with something substantial and logical news...

SD10, R Darters are not in service atleast R DARTER not even consider ,better you come of with something substantial and logical news...

They Have AMRAAM's Buddy....

Tejas using helmet mounted system this trial,

Tejas Ready For Sea Trials In Goa | AVIATION WEEK

India’s Tejas Light Combat Aircraft is ready to undergo another round of crucial sea trials in Goa.

Sources tell AVIATION WEEK that this time the testing will involve the firing of a missile and the jettisoning of a drop tank. The trials are set to take place this week at Naval Air Station Hansa, Dabolim, in Goa. Tejas successfully completed earlier sea trials in September as part of its Out of Station Flight Test Plan.

Pilots from the Bengaluru-based National Flight Test Center will perform the weapon trials this time.

“The density of air and humidity is very high in Goa. This time during the sea-level trials we are evaluating the radar, helmet-mounted systems and instrument landing systems,” a source said. “We will also test the radar warning receiver.”

:cool:

Damn great buddy... was looking for a crisp response like this.. thanks a ton for this..

Hey karthic ........your signature rocks :tup:

Thanks mate. Isnt it true ??--- just thought of that after watching a CNN-IBN debate where some educated mandarin was like "India needs to convince the Kashmiris that they are a part of India".:blah: :blah: :blah:

:lol:

Last edited:
? 2 missiles fired ...
irdw site quotes

No, radar is only needed for detecting enemy aircraft. Infrared homing missiles have its own infrared sensor in its nose cone, which detects and locks on to target.

Heaters can also be fired with radar turned off(so not to trip enemy radar warning receiver).

hence it is not possible to pair the missile to radar as it has autonomous detection and tracking unit. However it might be paired to HMS for off-boresight engagement.

thanks boss i understood now....
missile itself can detect targets using its own sensors...
i have 1 more doubt .. can the missile give info of the enemy to its mother aircraft?

thanks boss i understood now....
missile itself can detect targets using its own sensors...
i have 1 more doubt .. can the missile give info of the enemy to its mother aircraft?

All modernactive/semi-active radar homing missiles have a data link for mid course guidance.
But this datalink supplies guidance information from the parent aircraft to the missile.

As R-73 is infrared homing missile it does not have a wireless datalink to the aircraft, however as long is the missile is on aircraft pylons it will supply targeting data to HUD and HMS .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom