Tejas on the Brink of FOC

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
19417478_1443065452454565_6017774221532729414_o.jpg
FOC getting closer after Derby BVR tests

Whats the point?? MoD will kill it with F16.

People blaming production rates, Dassault Rafale is 11 per year.

Whats the point?? MoD will kill it with F16.

People blaming production rates, Dassault Rafale is 11 per year.
Nope, F-16 is more like a follow on for MMRCA -- we bought just 36 fighters. Tejas has always existed along side.

Besides even with 162 MMRCA strength -- that is 126 + 36, there is still room for 4-5 more squadrons of Tejas. That is easily 100 + Tejas.

Nope, F-16 is more like a follow on for MMRCA -- we bought just 36 fighters. Tejas has always existed along side.

I happen to work along with this industry. Already things are changing.

Govt will not close LCA or AMCA, that government will not be elected again.

But under-funding it and De-prioritizing it will do the needful. That happens to be MoD MO. Arjun MBT anyone?

I happen to work along with this industry. Already things are changing.

Govt will not close LCA or AMCA, that government will not be elected again.

But under-funding it and De-prioritizing it will do the needful. That happens to be MoD MO. Arjun MBT anyone?
Well, in that case I am all ears to listen how things are happening. Share as much as you can safely. My thinking was that Parrikar was speeding up production of Tejas. In HAL area, already I can see new facilities for production coming up.

Well, in that case I am all ears to listen how things are happening. Share as much as you can safely. My thinking was that Parrikar was speeding up production of Tejas. In HAL area, already I can see new facilities for production coming up.

I suggest you to understand how PSUs and government work in India. Modi cannot do jackshit.

Indian institutions are controlled by bureaucrats. They are in it for life. They have their own agenda. I also suggest you to look into how tenders are done in India. I have experienced this for few decades. Every vendor has a misc expense built into it. And they are not any administrative costs. But kickbacks. You can call in corruption if you will, but we call it as cost of doing business. Yes, I mean vendors puts a cost in tender, gets paid by government and gives the share to the babus.

And yes, you can choose not to do it. Just you don't get to play the game.

And these people have their own allegiances.

It is in MoD, PSUs interest to display that Indian institutions does not get to display their might. Public and Private.

Do you really believe India is not capable to develop her own Jet engine? When her people develop the high efficient engine parts in India for foreign companies. Granted end to end development is not yet done. But they don't have the incentive to do so.

How come Japanese auditors consider LCA Tejas a good enough first shot, but for Indian policy makers it is still not yet up to mark?.

F35 and J20 just reached IOC. Still lots of major subsystems still in development. Still their primary users are adapting it and government is pumping money to mature it.

But no!. IAF wants Indian systems to be mature from day 1. I can go on about the crap going on.

Also, Indian Navy quagmire. CSL is asking for the second AC order for the last 5 years. No update. Reason they ask for it is to retain the skill. Vendors would love to develop products for a class of product. They have incentive for it. But no.

By the way, that's how the Visakhapatnam beast is coming up.

I suggest you to understand how PSUs and government work in India. Modi cannot do jackshit.

Indian institutions are controlled by bureaucrats. They are in it for life. They have their own agenda. I also suggest you to look into how tenders are done in India. I have experienced this for few decades. Every vendor has a misc expense built into it. And they are not any administrative costs. But kickbacks. You can call in corruption if you will, but we call it as cost of doing business. Yes, I mean vendors puts a cost in tender, gets paid by government and gives the share to the babus.

It is in MoD, PSUs interest to display that Indian institutions does not get to display their might. Public and Private.

Do you really believe India is not capable to develop her own Jet engine? When her people develop the high efficient engine parts in India for foreign companies. Granted end to end development is not yet done. But they don't have the incentive to do so.

How come Japanese auditors consider LCA Tejas a good enough first shot, but for Indian policy makers it is still not yet up to mark?.

F35 and J20 just reached IOC. Still lots of major subsystems still in development. Still their primary users are adapting it and government is pumping money to mature it.

But no!. IAF wants Indian systems to be mature from day 1. I can go on about the crap going on.

Also, Indian Navy quagmire. CSL is asking for the second AC order for the last 5 years. No update. Reason they ask for it is to retain the skill. Vendors would love to develop products for a class of product. They have incentive for it. But no.

Well, I think BJPs approach in this process has been quite simple. You cann't defeat beaurocracy, but you can avoid layers. Which is what it has been doing for sometime. Parts of it is to avoid going via PSUs altogether. IIRC, Parikkar said that he is interested in allowing private players to do end to end integration and assembly of the planes.
It won't make things cheaper but it will make them faster. Indian beaurcracy is not only slow and greedy but also incompetent. Private parties are less incompetent and avoids layers of bearocracy. Only CEO will eat and will whip the workers to deliver.

Can some of the trolls focus on topic please it's about FOC. Hardly any post of that. We are discussing everything else.

Well, I think BJPs approach in this process has been quite simple. You cann't defeat beaurocracy, but you can avoid layers. Which is what it has been doing for sometime. Parts of it is to avoid going via PSUs altogether. IIRC, Parikkar said that he is interested in allowing private players to do end to end integration and assembly of the planes.
It won't make things cheaper but it will make them faster. Indian beaurcracy is not only slow and greedy but also incompetent. Private parties are less incompetent and avoids layers of bearocracy. Only CEO will eat and will whip the workers to deliver.

Every party is trying to do that. So far no results.

blaming bureaucrats is silly.

Indians have not proven they can work in groups, organizations and corporate settings. we do well abroad. Those organizations are run by white men.

blaming bureaucrats is silly.

Indians have not proven they can work in groups, organizations and corporate settings. we do well abroad. Those organizations are run by white men.
In India we take everything for granted and we simply lack professionalism from top to bottom.

As per my source,,FOC wont be achieved this year,,,,they r targetting to achieve it before 2018 year ending,,n ofcourse that too only if IAF agrees to relax requirements further.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom