What's new

Tejas on the Brink of FOC

Indians have not proven they can work in groups, organizations and corporate settings. we do well abroad. Those organizations are run by white men.
Oh we do work in groups and work well. Remember Tata? TATA companies are like government companies only but they get some work done.

Can some of the trolls focus on topic please it's about FOC. Hardly any post of that. We are discussing everything else.
No one is trolling dude. There is simply not enough information on this in Public domain. I am interested in knowing which missiles have been integrated with Tejas in FOC configuration? R73 Adder already there or not? And our own Astra, what is its test status on Tejas?

A bit dated news item but it is interesting to know that bleepen white brits are responsible for this delay..

http://idrw.org/uk-based-company-co...-and-in-flight-refueling-probe-for-lca-tejas/

UK based Company “Cobham” finally delivers quartz radome and in-flight refueling probe for LCA-Tejas

Cobham U.K as finally handed over newly designed quartz radome and in-flight refueling probe for integration with LCA-Tejas MK-1 to speed up its final operational clearance (FOC) which due to non-supplies already has been pushed back to March 2016. New quartz radome developed by Cobham will replace Composite radome of Indian make to increase the detection range of the Indo-Israeli developed Hybrid ELTA MMR Radar from 50 Kms to 80 plus Km which currently are been used on Tejas MK-I aircrafts. Cobham U.K were awarded Contract to supply New quartz radome and in-flight refueling probe in early 2014 , which missed multiple deadlines due to which FOC certification for Tejas MK-1 had to be postponed to March 2016 from its December deadline of this year. Defence Analyst believe that radome integration and testing will begin soon and can be completed in next few weeks, but Integration of IFR probe might take few months since it involves Structural changes but sources close to idrw.org in past have confirmed that fuel pumping and fuel lines have already been installed in all last batch of LSP (Limited Series Production LCA) and SP ( Series Production LCA) aircrafts in anticipation of integrating IFR probes at later stage. But Mid-air testing of IFR probes, where aircraft receives aviation fuel from the Refuelling tanker aircraft while in flight is not only a time-consuming process but requires months of preparations, which might again delay FOC process unless HAL is able to integrate in-flight refueling probes in multiple LCA aircrafts, to speed up the testing process. Indian and Israeli team of engineers are closely currently working on Integrating Israeli developed within visual range (WVR) air-to-air Python-V missile and Beyond Visual Range (BVR) air-to-air Derby missile in LCA Tejas aircrafts in Bangalore and DRDO plans to carry out first weapons trials in next few months, which are also important requirements of the final operational clearance (FOC) certification process required to be cleared by Tejas MK-1.

Oh we do work in groups and work well. Remember Tata? TATA companies are like government companies only but they get some work done.

There are small number of companies for a country of India's size

In India we take everything for granted and we simply lack professionalism from top to bottom.

a lot of folks are professional. working in groups with other professional people continues to be a challenge

The number of companies is few and far between. there is a good reason people are emigrating to foreign lands
Umm... I kind of don't agree with you. Immigration is often confounded with 'skills'. But correlation is minimal. I have first hand experience of that. People usually immigrate due to two reasons. Finances and to join their family. I am the second type. BTW, it is fairly easy with in India to work for likes of Tata or Reliance.

Umm... I kind of don't agree with you. Immigration is often confounded with 'skills'. But correlation is minimal. I have first hand experience of that. People usually immigrate due to two reasons. Finances and to join their family. I am the second type. BTW, it is fairly easy with in India to work for likes of Tata or Reliance.

It depends on your definition of easy

if your goal is to excel some of these companies can be suffocating
Being competent does not mean being outstanding. India needs a bunch of competent folks doing basic production work. Outstanding folks are needed far few and in-between.

Indian government PSUs do not have even the basic competence at times causing stupidly long delays. Remember, likes of HAL are not doing as much as of R&D but a production work. For most of the parts it means taking part A and attaching and screwing it to part B. These folks are so incompetent at times that they are not able to do even this much. Private players will be able to do this. Also, with private players, they can employ temporary employees to speed up production and fire them once their job is done. Something which PSU find it hard to do.

I once had a pleasure to go to ITI Kanpur. Level of incompetence was simply apalling. Some guy who was employed in assembling back-panels for switching routers was finding it hard to follow instruction from OEM written in english. It was too hard for him. He was recruited because he belonged to a category and was at a critical station delaying entire assembly by more than a week.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom