What's new

Tejas Needs to Cross 6 Milestones in 15 Months

Then post the damn source! Where does it say it?
I want a proper source, not some fanboy's word of mouth!

Here is the much publicized fake brochure posted by a known liar and plagiarist Chor Gupta-
TRISHUL: Airborne Multi-Mode Radar Data

Check my edited post above. That brocheur sengupta qouted is 6-7 years old. Since then, radar has been upgraded and for the source, we are here to guide you, not to spoon feed you. Check JF-17 info pool thread. It has all the sources and relevant data with proper links. When we present something, it's not we are pulling things from our behinds

KLJ-7

Data from: Jane's Defence [1]

• Frequency: X-band
  • Range:
    • Look-up: >75 km (for RCS of 3 m2)[1] or 130 km for RCS of 5 m2
    • Look-down: >35 km (for RCS of 3 m2)[1]
  • Total targets tracked: 10 in TWS (Track-While-Scan) mode
  • Reliability:
    • MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure): 220 hours
    • MTTR (Mean Time To Recovery): 0.5 hours
  • Weight: ≤120 kg
  • Volume: 0.065 m3

@Secur - That is not from Janes Defence. See the link in my previous post for the Janes link.. 75km 3m2 translates to 85km for 5m2. Simple Radar range equation.

@mafiya - Where does it say 130-140km for 5m2 and that too for Block 1? It says 130km for a "fighter sized target" for Block 2(or the next iteration as i mentioned), same as I posted in my VERY FIRST POST.

Last edited:
@Secur - That is not from Janes Defence. See the link in my previous post for the Janes link.. 75km 3m2 translates to 85km for 5m2. Simple Radar range equation.

@mafiya - Where does it say 135km for 5m2 and that too for Block 1? It says 130km for a "fighter sized target" same as I posted in my VERY FIRST POST.

You need to brush up your technical vocabulary, knowledge base and common sense. Fighter size means, " 5 m^2". Whatever upgrades were meant for block 2 are being retrofitted in block 1.

Then you say, Show us the proof of retrofitting, my same reply. Check JF-17 Info pool thread.

Instead of embarrassing yourself again and again with outdated data. Update yourself.

@Ping You are using an archived page from Jane , check the current one . Have you seen the interview to Kanwa given by the JFT project director posted before my first post here ? Yes it is in Chinese , but the translation is available . Also , how would you define a " fighter sized target " ? Because usually such values are for 5m2 .

Last edited:
@Secur @mafiya

You obviously don't read what i say. See My first post again. Chinese claims of "fighter sized target" yeah right.

Yea, the info pool thread. I have checked that there was nothing there to suggest the ALL the block2s modifications will be transferred to block1s, nor any specific mention that block-2s radar will be transferred. Where is the link to your claim?

First you claim the Block-1s NOW have this radar when Block 2 havent even started full production yet, and then when you are caught with your pants down you claim Block-2s modifications will be carried out in the Block-1 with no mention of radar.

Last edited:
@Secur @mafiya

You obviously don't read what i say. See My first post again. Chinese claims of "fighter sized target" yeah right.

Yea, the info pool thread. I have checked that there was nothing there to suggest the ALL the block2s modifications will be transferred to block1s, nor any specific mention that block-2s radar will be transferred. Where is the link to your claim?

First you claim the Block-1s NOW have this radar when Block 2 havent even started full production yet, and then when you are caught with your pants down you claim Block-2s modifications will be carried out in the Block-1 with no mention of radar.

have you seen 09-109 Block 1 JF-17 yesterday day pic? Obviously not, You have been caught with your pants down lying that you have checked Info pool thread. Have you checked last 50-100 pages of Info thread with data trail getting back to 2012? All the comabt magzine and Jane defense articles mentioning JF-17 project director and deputy project director wr.t retrofitting of IFR ECM to block 1 and upgraded radar of Block 1?

Heck, the latest 60 NM(111.2 Km) range was disclosed last month and that news item is also in info thread.

Instead of arguing like a useless person. Do a proper research instead of wasting everyone time.

We guessed you are a sensible and smart person. But you are not. What block 2 upgrades that would be retrofitted back to block 1 would be ECM, IFR and upgraded Avionics. But that was mentioned in Info pool thread too.

So do tell us what actually you have read in info thread?

@mafiya Liar as usual. I find no such sources which says 60nm along with RCS figures accompanying it. A radar range without RCS figures is useless. Nor do i find any sources which says RADAR meant for BLOCK 2s are ALREADY mated into Block-1 as you claimed before.

@Secur @mafiya

Sorry to burst ur bubble but ur Dnt know jack about the upgraded JF-17 radar or the other upgrades tht will be performed to the existing fighters ... N oh... Production of Block II has already started..:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

P.S : that's the last Block I with the IFR.. :lol:

@mafiya Liar as usual. I find no such sources which says 60nm along with RCS figures accompanying it. A radar range without RCS figures is useless. Nor do i find any sources which says RADAR meant for BLOCK 2s are ALREADY mated into Block-1 as you claimed before.

Who says Radar meant for Block 2? Radar of Block 1 and 2 is same, ditto copy. No change. same old KLJ-7. Once again opening your mouth without doing a proper research. Yaar Kio Bay ezzati karwa raha hai bar bar apni

Sorry to burst ur bubble but ur Dnt know jack about the upgraded JF-17 radar or the other upgrades tht will be performed to the existing fighters ... N oh... Production of Block II has already started..:

View attachment 12008 View attachment 12009 View attachment 12010

P.S : that's the last Block I with the IFR.. :lol:
I said "havent even started full production" Please read the post before and stop wasting my time. I have already seen the wired looking IFR so close to the canopy. Brilliant design!

Who says Radar meant for Block 2? Radar of Block 1 and 2 is same, ditto copy. No change. same old KLJ-7. Once again opening your mouth without doing a proper research. Yaar Kio Bay ezzati karwa raha hai bar bar apni
LOL.. you obviously have no idea do you? The previous radar is different from this one. It is a standard practice to upgrade avionics as years go by in iterations. Since the newer radar range is not clear it cannot be used to distinguish between the 2 I agree. But there is the track figure. Older radar can track 10, while in the interview its stated that it can track 16.

Awesome research you ppl are doing. :lol:

400KM detection range vs 5m2 for N011M

350-400KM with RCS 3m2 for Ibris-E

• the same target up to 150 km (in pursuit of, in the area of 100 square degrees)
ELTA 2032 detection range 5m2 is 150km. LSP 3 flew with a hybrid model whose 150km range was confirmed by Vayu Magazine article (IAF's weekly).

Even with 130 km detection block 3 jf 17 radar falls far short of 150 km on elta 2032. We are currently expanding the operational range of radar.

fair enough but anyone comparing primitive bars with 8-10 kw peak power with irbis e capable of 18kw peak power is living in a dream,u needs to wake up.

right now bars needs aesa upgrade as its the worst radar among heavy aircrafts in the world,pick any heavy aircraft u like and check.

and i am not even comparing it to f-15 aesa,just with captor pesa of typhoon and the erstwhile pesa of rafale.it looses badly

as also for jf-17 fanboys..give a concrete link or pls keep quiet

Back
Top Bottom