What's new

Tejas Mark 1a tranformation into Mark 2 latest pictures

Your precious thunders wouldn't even survive long enough to engage the IAF fighters in air in any significant capacity.Most of their major air bases are within the range of our short range battlefield support missiles like Prithvi and Prahaar, which we have got in high hundreds.Our fighters wouldn't even have to cross the border to send the entire PAF fleet to oblivion.

Prahaar is inducted?

Tejas is just a part of Project LCA, something which many, if not all, members forget. On a personal note, LCA for me remains a Late Coming or Last Century Aircraft, but with the latest impetus given by the present GoI to not only prod, but definitely boot the DPSUs in India in "fire or fire" (perform or perish) terms, the HAL and ADA have been left scampering. The stakes are high, as contrary to another non-sensical post of yours hardly worth the effort rebutting, the Indian Private Industry is doing quite well in the field of Engineering and Manufacturing. Need I remind you that the Chinese Defence Industry received serious impetus from 'importing' technical know-how from former USSR? It is there to see in every weapon system you have been 'designing'.

Good that the present govt. has forced both DPSUs and military to converge faster. But private industry while being much more efficient, does not yet have the capability DPSUs have. But some steps had to be taken to shake up the system.

The JF-17 is not designed by Pakistan, even if PAF did provide input to its definition,
and PAC mostly manufactures part of the fuselage.
If Pakistan/JF-17 is compared to India/Su-30MKI, I am afraid Pakistan is left in the dust.

The JF-17 is a cheap alternative for those that cannot afford a real fighter.
As a replacement of fighters from the 1950s/60s it is OK, and for Pakistan it gives
control over availability, and the capability to improve it to reduce the gap to real fighters.
It is however nothing to boast about.

The Tejas is much more ambitious than the JF-17, but the end result shows the lack of experience of the Indian aviation industry. This is what happens in most human activities when something new is attempted. What remains to be seen is whether India will learn from the experience, and improve enough to be state of the art.

All i can say is that this is a very ill-informed post , I suggest you to visit JF-thunder Threads 1-7 ..

Jf17 BLKIII can shoot down Su30MKI easily with PL15 BVRAAM. IAF doesnt have much edge left.
ok ok , we will see when they face each other , i could also say tejas can fcuk the $hit out of any chinese so called xiao jib@ series junk fighter planes . now ?????????????

get a filter on thosr brain to mouth stuff, what Israel technology?

The J-10 is just a Lavi in disguise.
Had to be larger because China had to use a larger Russian engine to get the performance.
Had to do things differently since China did not have the competence to do things in composite materials, which was used in the original Lavi.
Israel does not want to admit they exported results funded by the US to China.
China does not want to admit they do not have much experience to design fighters and rely on bought or stolen technology.

The J-10 is just a Lavi in disguise.
Had to be larger because China had to use a larger Russian engine to get the performance.
Had to do things differently since China did not have the competence to do things in composite materials, which was used in the original Lavi.
Israel does not want to admit they exported results funded by the US to China.
China does not want to admit they do not have much experience to design fighters and rely on bought or stolen technology.

All of which is true, except they have learnt from that and moved ahead.

THE THREAD WAS ABOUT TEJAS MARK 2

tejas-mark-2.jpg

This is a enlarged upgraded version of the Tejas Mark 1a

120 Tejas mark1/1a will be inducted between 2017 -2025 = To replace 120 mig21 bisions

We go from a vintage 50 year old Russian fighter to a modern indengious platform with American modern engines low RCS and advanced HELMET DISPLAY HOBS missls and BVR CAPABILITY.

Indian DESIGNED indian BUILT

THE TEJAS MARK 2 will arrive 2027-2028 and IAF will induct over 200 fighters between 2028-2040

to REPLACE 50 mirage2000/5 + 80 jaguar DARIN 3 + 60 mig29smt

in other words a 3rd and early 4th generation Russian & French fighters WILL be replaced BY A SWADESHI indian built fighter

THE MARK 2 TEJAS WILL be same size same eight and very similar in capability to the GRIPEN E of Sweden

FOR THOSE taking rubbish of being out of date let me tell you now

PAF will be dominated by the Thunders
AND PLAAF will half of its fleet made up of J10 vanguards ieven in 2040

F16 late models & Gripens Typhoon rafale will be flying all over the world in 2040

TEJAS IS RELEVANT TODAY

MARK 2 WILL BE VITAL AND RELEVANT IN 2030-2040

th

hqdefault.jpg

xeP03nb.jpg

Good that the present govt. has forced both DPSUs and military to converge faster. But private industry while being much more efficient, does not yet have the capability DPSUs have. But some steps had to be taken to shake up the system.

Private enterprise can up the ante without the associated grumblings and lethargy of the Unions which hold the DPSUs invariably at ransom. The upscaling of operations by Private Enterprises is not a big thing if they have assured orders. Please recall Baba Kalyani's statement on being able to provide a gun per day )for 155/52 cal) if need be.

That the same DPSUs have been cultivated as a vote bank, has not helped the matters. The HAL takes about three times more time to assemble the Su-30 MKI than the stipulated time for assembly of the same as per Russian timeline (Russia can actually assemble the same in roughly 40% less time than the stipulated timeline) at rougghly 150% greater costs. Are we seriously so stupid to not only pay for an equipment not manufactured by HAL but also overpriced and sold to us, with dubious QA at times? In the garb of 'self sufficiency', the armed forces not only get fleeced, but they lose money, something we have critical shortage of for modernisation.

If you look at the very recent Rahul Gandhi address at HAL, he was quoted as having said 'The Rafale contract is your right'. In a capitalistic and democratic free society, which logic explains the monopoly here, which can be, mind you, challenged very quickly under the old MRTP Act as replaced by Competition Act of 2002, which gives equal opportunity to all. Just saying.

Private enterprise can up the ante without the associated grumblings and lethargy of the Unions which hold the DPSUs invariably at ransom. The upscaling of operations by Private Enterprises is not a big thing if they have assured orders. Please recall Baba Kalyani's statement on being able to provide a gun per day )for 155/52 cal) if need be.

That the same DPSUs have been cultivated as a vote bank, has not helped the matters. The HAL takes about three times more time to assemble the Su-30 MKI than the stipulated time for assembly of the same as per Russian timeline (Russia can actually assemble the same in roughly 40% less time than the stipulated timeline) at rougghly 150% greater costs. Are we seriously so stupid to not only pay for an equipment not manufactured by HAL but also overpriced and sold to us, with dubious QA at times? In the garb of 'self sufficiency', the armed forces not only get fleeced, but they lose money, something we have critical shortage of for modernisation.

If you look at the very recent Rahul Gandhi address at HAL, he was quoted as having said 'The Rafale contract is your right'. In a capitalistic and democratic free society, which logic explains the monopoly here, which can be, mind you, challenged very quickly under the old MRTP Act as replaced by Competition Act of 2002, which gives equal opportunity to all. Just saying.

Yes, private players can be more efficient - there's no argument about that. However their R&D capability is not comparable to DPSUs since DPSUs had the mandate to do so and were supposed to do so. They have multi-decadal experience on it however inefficient it may be.

I think that Kalyani was referring to higher production rates and Bharat Forge had very little to do with developing a prototype from scratch which DRDO can.

For example, developing missiles needs vast experimental data as well as good theoretical knowledge - this the govt R&D labs have. It will not be possible for private industry to gain this expertise in a few years - they will have to be guided by the govt sector. Not before a decade at least before they can become self-sufficient and begin to snap at the heels of govt players.

I agree with you on the Rahul Gandhi, but i never bothered much about his speeches - his frequency of making sense is biennial.

On a side note, I have heard reports from young fighter pilots (the person who told me this is a very important figure who spoke to these guys) who like the LCA and are consistently perplexed about why the IAF top brass refused to support it thereby playing an important role in delaying the induction of LCA.

If, and I repeat IF the Tejas Mk II prototype makes it first flight in 2020.
How long before FOC?

It will not happen in 2020 but whenever it will happen, It will straight way come in IOC configurations and will require much fewer testing than Tejas Mk1. It will get FOC after one and half yer of testing.

Mark1a Tejas

c98815f9-1330-47de-8efb-278f3bf71a2d.jpg

is superior in any area to everything in PAF today BAR the 18 block 52 F16

BE IT
Radar cross section
Flybywire
Airframe
engine
Radar
Choice of weapons

The TEJAS has better at least on paper THAT IS

THUS WHEN IT COMES MARK 2 TEJAS
tejas-mark-2.jpg

I extremely CONFIDENT that IT will BE COMPARABLE to Gripen E the USA F16./70

and BOTH of these ALONGSIDE J10 & Thunder will in service up to 2040-2050

THE MARK TWO will number 114 fighters by 2035-2037 easy

Now the design is out . It carries more payload than Gripen, It will have more options of BVR and WVR missiles. It has better engine than Gripen (Same engine EPE engine). However, I am not sure about the sensor fusion. This is an area where Gripen can be ahead. In Radar, both the planes will have similar capabilities.

It will not happen in 2020 but whenever it will happen, It will straight way come in IOC configurations and will require much fewer testing than Tejas Mk1. It will get FOC after one and half yer of testing.

Now the design is out . It carries more payload than Gripen, It will have more options of BVR and WVR missiles. It has better engine than Gripen (Same engine EPE engine). However, I am not sure about the sensor fusion. This is an area where Gripen can be ahead. In Radar, both the planes will have similar capabilities.

It is a new plane which will take time to qualify.
It is much easier to qualify new missiles for Gripen E than for any other fighter jet.
India will be able to qualify basically all missiles they have without SAAB involvement,
and there are missiles like Meteor which will not be available for any Tejas.
SAAB is in the forefront on radars capable of detecting stealth, and the Gripen E radar from Selex is jointly developed with SAAB which should give Gripen a nice advantage.
Gripen also has a wider search arc than any other AESA on the market.
In what way is the Tejas radar equivalent?
I also doubt that the Electronic Warfare unit in Tejas matches that of Gripen E.

If a force of Gripen E meets a force of Tejas Mk II, the advantages should secure a Gripen Victory!

Back
Top Bottom