What's new

Tejas grounds Medium Combat Aircraft project

are you thinking thet designing phase is like drawing a cartoon. do you know how much time,resource and man power it will take for just scaling out a basic aerodynamic and overall specifications. And FYI our MoD already released more than 100 crores for amca designing phase and for first prototype,it will take minimum 6000 crores in current INR exchange rate. and its not in a proposal stage, it has crossed the scale model stage.Now aerodynamic characteristics of the design have been checked out in wind tunnel. at this stage they put on hold.

Any links? that AMCA already consumed 100 crores?

In a nutshell, 100 crores out of 6000 crores is spent.. essentially, the point I was emphasising.

And 2006 - AMCA begun is nothing but equivalent to saying that 1983 LCA begun.

so at last what you are coming to say dude. AMCA also take a lot time huh. but i disagree. in its current progress itself you can see a first prototype in 2020 or 2021. but this could affect LCA MK2 development because ADA want to split it engineers into two divions one for LCA and other for AMCA. this could affect the LCA heavily but not a AMCA because 1 year delay also will be a huge drawback for IAF. because we barely need it in a urgent way. and also one thing AMCA is not going to be great game changer in IAF but it will be a potent fighter for IN air arm. so no need for AMCA currently.

Any links? that AMCA already consumed 100 crores?

The government released Rs. 100 crore last month to the Bangalore-based Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), which will spearhead the project, to prepare feasibility studies in 18 months.
http://www.hindu.com/2010/11/21/stories/2010112165812200.htm

Me too.

The article funnily states that AMCA started in 2006 !!!!

How much money has been spend of AMCA - perhaps not even 10-15 crores.... or even lower .. only as much needed for building a proposal.

You can't put on hold something which is not yet started. :laugh:

AMCA is at a proposal stage, not at a project stage. (even before this ludicrous "news" item).

dont forget to add the costs to build the cardboard model they show cased in yelahanka this year :woot: LOL

Let them first complete LCA MK1,LCA-MK2.These fighters can act as good number fillers. To test 5th generation technologies you don't need an entire Prototype vehicle.Technologies like IRST,AESA-MMR,FSS can tested on LCA itself.

Finally,MOD has also questioned,the requiremnt of AMCA for IAF.I hope review comes out fast and they link AMCA with IN only for as mainstream CATOBAR fighter for IAC-3.

so at last what you are coming to say dude. AMCA also take a lot time huh. but i disagree. in its current progress itself you can see a first prototype in 2020 or 2021. but this could affect LCA MK2 development because ADA want to split it engineers into two divions one for LCA and other for AMCA. this could affect the LCA heavily but not a AMCA because 1 year delay also will be a huge drawback for IAF. because we barely need it in a urgent way. and also one thing AMCA is not going to be great game changer in IAF but it will be a potent fighter for IN air arm. so no need for AMCA currently.

The government released Rs. 100 crore last month to the Bangalore-based Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), which will spearhead the project, to prepare feasibility studies in 18 months.
The Hindu : Front Page : Plans for Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft

On separate teams and how that might affect the LCA:- DOUBTFUL!

The projects are already being run by separate teams and adequate manpower has been assigned- there is no cross linkage here.

AMCA Project:-

Project Dirrector (AMCA)

Dr. AK Ghosh

Project Co-ordinators

Shri. AK Vinayagam(Sc/Engr-G)

Shri.Krishna Rajendra (Sc/Engr-F)

Ms.Lakshmi Ravishankar(Sc/Engr-F)

Shri.Mahabaleswar B Angadi(Sc/Engr-F)

Shri. K Subramaniam (Sc/Engr-F)

AP&T

LCA MK.2 Project

Technology Director(Propulsion) & Project Director [LCA-AF MK-II]

Shri.H.Siddesha

Project Co-ordinators

Shri. Ravishankar (Sc/Engr 'G')/Group Director(Propulsion Systems)

Shri. Amit Shukla (Sc/Engr 'F')

Shri. HV Murali (Sc/Engr 'E' / Deputy Project Director(Mech Systems - LCA MK2)

Shri. G Ramanjulu (Sc/Engr 'E')/Deputy Project Director(Manufacturing-LCA MK2)

LCA-MK2

Same goes for the LCA MK.1, just don't have the patience to post the whole list so here is the link. PMG
@sancho @S-DUCT what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
On separate teams and how that might affect the LCA:- DOUBTFUL!

The projects are already being run by separate teams and adequate manpower has been assigned- there is no cross linkage here.

AMCA Project:-

Project Dirrector (AMCA)

Dr. AK Ghosh

Project Co-ordinators

Shri. AK Vinayagam(Sc/Engr-G)

Shri.Krishna Rajendra (Sc/Engr-F)

Ms.Lakshmi Ravishankar(Sc/Engr-F)

Shri.Mahabaleswar B Angadi(Sc/Engr-F)

Shri. K Subramaniam (Sc/Engr-F)

AP&T

LCA MK.2 Project

Technology Director(Propulsion) & Project Director [LCA-AF MK-II]

Shri.H.Siddesha

Project Co-ordinators

Shri. Ravishankar (Sc/Engr 'G')/Group Director(Propulsion Systems)

Shri. Amit Shukla (Sc/Engr 'F')

Shri. HV Murali (Sc/Engr 'E' / Deputy Project Director(Mech Systems - LCA MK2)

Shri. G Ramanjulu (Sc/Engr 'E')/Deputy Project Director(Manufacturing-LCA MK2)

LCA-MK2

Same goes for the LCA MK.1, just don't have the patience to post the whole list so here is the link. PMG
@sancho @S-DUCT what do you guys think?

i know about that two teams dude . but what MoD wants was they want to focus only on LCA MK2 and they don't want to divert them into AMCA project. so they are going to use most of the engineers in MK2 only.but i don't know much about it that how they are going to change. you can ask some senior members who are in contact with indian defence.

@Dillinger:
Yeah the these projects are being run by different peoples in different teams.IMO,each of these are inadequate in terms of man-power,that's why MOD is trying to bring these peoples under same unit to complete LCA first and Looking at AMCA team ,don't you think it is too small team for developing 5th gen. fighter.
IMO,MOD has taken a good decision.Let us first build world class anechoic chambers and other facilty before we actually start AMCA program,if not then program will head to LCA fate.

I guess many technologies that will be common to both Mk2 and AMCA are being researched upon as we speak. @Dillinger:
Research on FSS panels are being done both by NAL and ISRO.
FSS.png

@Dillinger:
Yeah the these projects are being run by different peoples in different teams.IMO,each of these are inadequate in terms of man-power,that's why MOD is trying to bring these peoples under same unit to complete LCA first and Looking at AMCA team ,don't you think it is too small team for developing 5th gen. fighter.
IMO,MOD has taken a good decision.Let us first build world class anechoic chambers and other facilty before we actually start AMCA program,if not then program will head to LCA fate.

Yes that would be smart...I believe an engine testing facility is coming up in India- any details on that? We need to up-size our anechoic chambers otherwise the models will be low RCS or even VLO but the end article will be "Ram Jane".

But even MK.2 makes me want to scream..where is the AESA radar..I believe a consultancy partner has yet not been selected? At least the engines have been signed upon and all the M-TOT/TOT details hashed out. Also the payload is to go up to 5000Kg- what's up with that?

Any idea on the current and also projected weights that the individual hard-points can take? With 5000Kgs we could look at dual astras on two hardpoints, 2 WVRM on two individual hard-points and two LGBs on the the main hard-points- the first one on wings from the wing roots. That could actually get the IAF happy. No? Or too speculative?

It would have been alot better if DRDO and ADA had focused on getting IoC and FoC of LCA Tejas first and then started beating Dhol of AMCA Project or MCA or NGFA whatever it is..

seeing the amount of projects on which DRDO is lagging, it is sensible we dont focus on a lot. Rather have a successful proj to boast off !

@S-DUCT @sancho @arp2041 I believe a large list of LRUs was released and private sector involvement was invited for the indigenous manufacturing of them?

Also given all of the difficulties, how difficult would it be to develop CFTs for the LCA MK.2- take away the fuel tanks, free up two hardpoints, reduce drag substantially when fully loaded- should mitigate a lot of problems no?

Very sensible decision....lets master LCA first then think of any advance projects...

@S-DUCT the best thing is that ADA/HAL/DRDO have gotten a double danda..Did you read the new DPP.

Their bread and butter:- M-TOT just got uninsured- now Private sector companies will bid for it too.
TPCRs will be provided to the companies.
AND MSMEs will get a funding corpus.

SANCTIONED AND SIGNED ON!

AND NOW they've been forced to give up their "pride project"- hopefully now they'll actually listen to the IAF rather than decide things on their own.

I mean you look at this video and you realize where the problem lies:-

The plane is not deficient in most parameters- its pretty good BUT in the areas where it does lack the sole responsible parties are the above listed.

Back
Top Bottom