technological edge over Pakistan and China has been to some extent proven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya numerals

Maya.svg
That link its self states that
0 is a contribution of india!:)

game, set and match, is it? ;)

poor gullible soul went to top US school but still don't understand the difference between decimal system and mere numerals.

Mere numerals ? The Maya calendar was accurate to the 2nd or third decimal place.
Stop the BS. Many civilizations could count. Many forms of mathematics evolved separately.

Mere numerals ? The Maya calendar was accurate to the 2nd or third decimal place.
Stop the BS. Many civilizations could count. Many forms of mathematics evolved separately.

Hint: the keyword is base 10 numeral systems!!

That link its self states that
0 is a contribution of india!:)

No it doesn't. Indian reading comprehension at its finest.
Please tell me which great Indian explorer brought the Zero to the Mayans?
It evolved separately.
Does the world need to thank the Mayans too for teaching us how count??

@Abir : Now will you stop bothering him with things which he obviously does not understand or does not want to ?

BTW did you notice that from the earlier claim of China inventing , it has come to Maya inventing ? ;)

No it doesn't. Indian reading comprehension at its finest.
Please tell me which great Indian explorer brought the Zero to the Mayans?
It evolved separately.
Does the world need to thank the Mayans too for teaching us how count??

Mayans certainly were more innovative than Chinese but they didn't have the chance to propagate their knowledge to rest of the world, did they?

@Abir : Now will you stop bothering him with things which he obviously does not understand or does not want to ?

BTW did you notice that from the earlier claim of China inventing , it has come to Maya inventing ? ;)

I dare not teaching the meaning of decimal system to someone who went to best US school! :lol:

Hint, there are infinite bases: binary, hexadecimal.
That's why people think you guys are all just hotair.
For your benefit ;

"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made!"

I think the Chinese boys know many things than Albert Einstein :coffee:

And BTW do you use Base 10 or Base 16 for paying your College fee ?

Mayans certainly were more innovative than Chinese but they didn't have the chance to propagate their knowledge to rest of the world, did they?

Now you are starting to get it. It evolved separately. So did Chinese mathematics.
Keep trying, you'll get there.

We invented paper money. Do we go around claiming finance is possible only because of the Chinese?? No, because that would make us like you.

Now you are starting to get it. It evolved separately. So did Chinese mathematics.
Keep trying, you'll get there.

We invented paper money. Do we go around claiming finance is possible only because of the Chinese?? No, because that would make us like you.

Let me beat you with your own stick - how much of the World trade traansactions take place of paper money today ? Some decades down the line Paper money may completely become extinct.

But the Hindu/Indian numeral system will be there.

BTW still no reply on Einstein's thought,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom