What's new

Team Anna disbanded, as Khejriwal begs for money to fund his party

All this mudslinging on Kejriwal is baseless. He is being maligned because the saffronists are afraid that his(Team Anna's party) will cut into their votes. After some research I found the source of allegations of Kejriwal being a world bank agent. I was surprised, actually shocked to see that the allegations were first made by the great Arundhati Roy. Are kejriwal's detractors going to take everything Roy says at face value?! Among others she wants India to give freedom to Kashmir(which ironically is worse than what Prashant Bhushan said. Roy actually believes that India is holding Kashmir under chains), grant clemency to Naxalites and stop building nuclear power plants. If you read her opinions she would sound like she hates the idea of government itself.

And now people like Nair Saab are here to tell us to listen to the same lady and believe that because Kejriwal received Magassassay award, he is a world bank agent:hitwall:.
Kejriwal asks Roy,

The lines are clear now. Both the major parties are afraid of Anna party(in fact of any credible third alternative). Congress was initially pi**ing off its pants when the whole country was protesting for Lokpal. They kept slinging mud at Anna's movement alleging that Anna was politically motivated, that he is BJP's agent etc.,. They arranged some half-hearted negotiations with word-jugglers like Kapil Sibal on their side. The inept members of Anna's team like Kiran Bedi easily took the bait from Sibal et all and started bad-mouthing government publicly with a bad choice of words,reducing the movement to a street fight of ladies. Congress obviously succeeded in avoiding immediate damage.

Look at BJP's case. They initially tried to swallow Anna's movement acting like an ingenue. After Karnataka episode, where they had to prop up the candidate of corrupt Yedurappa as CM, they lost face. Now when they realized Anna's team may set up a party cutting into their vote, even BJP started picking up its faeces to throw at team Anna.

The shiver local corrupt parties get on hearing Anna's name is very obvious. Refer to the incident of RJD MP tearing the Lokpal bill in the Parliament. His argument was that Lokpal will bring police Raj(!).

We also have to understand that Anna's team is not exactly representative and is a voluntary group. Hence it has to bear with people who became burden to the team as a whole. Ramdev dressed up as a girl. I have mentioned Kiran Bedi already. I remember vaguely that even the Sisodia guy bad-mouthed Sibal and other ministers reducing the team's respect. Because of some people who could not hold themselves, Anna's team lost the respect it had earlier. As I said earlier, Kejriwal is the only guy who remained sensible so far. Probably that is the reason he is the favorite target now.

It may be true Anna's team was a media creation, but looking at the fear it inspires in every party, Anna's movement shows it is no party's friend. Time for a change. Kejriwal should start a new party. And attention seekers like Deepak Kapoor, Ramdev should be kept out of its responsible positions. Two years is good enough time for election run. Even if the party won a dozen seats, that is enough to force mainstream parties to pass Lokpal in parliament. I, myself am not interested in Lokpal act. I am only interested in the experiment of a party not based on money-politics.

and if team anna was serious about getting the lokpal passed. why did they do ever thing in their power not to have it passed?

consider this . the bill had to be passed by parliament . team anna called them all sort of names including murders , rapists and thieves. is that the language you use if you wish to have someone do something for you?
True that. There are some idiots in Anna's team. But to be fair to Anna, he did not interview people to take them on his team. it is a loose voluntary group.

One has to go in the drain to clean the drain!
Nice line.

Back
Top Bottom