What's new

Tawheed Jamath Protest against Minimum age of Marriage in Sri Lanka

The protestors said as long as other customary laws such as Thesawalamai and Kandyan laws remained unchanged, Muslim law should also not be altered

The Thesawalamai(Jaffna Tamil) and Kandyan Law (Upcountry Sinhalese) Laws have nothing to do with either marriage nor do they contravene on any Universal human rights, Those laws acts merely upon civil torts on Property and Inheritance,

These people SLTJ are nothing but a bunch of extremist Perverts and Pedos using religious and racist cards to safeguard their rights to be pedophiles.

There is certainly a need to amend the Muslim Marriages and Divorce Act, but this has to be done in consultation with the Muslim religious leadership and the Muslim community in Sri Lanka and not at the dictates of the European Union or the International Community.”

I agree the reason should not be a dictation by the EU but as implementation of basic human beings and rights of Children that is embedded upon every single Sri Lankan irrespective religion or ethnicity.. Modern Sri Lanka does not should not have space for some archaic tribal law from the 4th century

he
The Thesawalamai(Jaffna Tamil) and Kandyan Law (Upcountry Sinhalese) Laws have nothing to do with either marriage nor do they contravene on any Universal human rights, Those laws acts merely upon civil torts on Property and Inheritance,

These people SLTJ are nothing but a bunch of extremist Perverts and Pedos using religious and racist cards to safeguard their rights to be pedophiles.

I agree the reason should not be a dictation by the EU but as implementation of basic human beings and rights of Children that is embedded upon every single Sri Lankan irrespective religion or ethnicity.. Modern Sri Lanka does not should not have space for some archaic tribal law from the 4th century

how about the homosexuals ? is europe pressure going to allow gay marriage ??

Yes they happen and they are more prevalent among hindus even after laws being implemented whereas child marriages among Indian muslims are less prevalent compared to their population share even though there is no law preventing it, I guess that explains all.

A Indian had to counter since you were speaking about Indians(Indian muslims to be specific)

dear friend, you are not getting the point here....If also it is happening in Hindus, we all condemn it..It is a bad thing and should be stopped. It does not matter if it is my religion..But the issue is that some of the Muslims get defensive when such kind of discussion comes up....Not only child marriage, even Hindus have much bigger and hail lot of issues..But we understand, accept and admit that this wrong....We expect that in the same vein, certain basic civil rules should be accepted by every one irrespective of the religion it belongs to.

SLJT are peados and perverts ? any proof to back it up

cant prove shit only come on Pakistan forum to disrespect

children marrying children no problem to me been going n for generations africa - asia not a problem
you rather that two 16 yr old boy kiss up hug up in your whiteman school then boy girl who get marriage agreement for when they ready for there future love and devotion

not us we will burn you and your ilk in Pakistan for promoting nastiness

nasty filthy minded Bigot Gibbs keep your dirtiness peado fantasy in your sri lankan swamp forum.

children marrying children no problem to me been going n for generations africa - asia not a problem
you rather that two 16 yr old boy kiss up hug up in your whiteman school then boy girl who get marriage agreement for when they ready for there future love and devotion

nasty filthy minded Bigot Gibbs keep your dirtiness peado fantasy in your sri lankan swamp forum.
How can kids even understand what is future love, devotion , marriage. And what about the healty development of the girl child? Would you like your daughter to be married at 14 and pregnant at 16?

I request everyone who supports child marriages please watch this video

How can kids even understand what is future love, devotion , marriage. And what about the healty development of the girl child? Would you like your daughter to be married at 14 and pregnant at 16?

Well girls in the West get pregnant earlier. :lol:

Anyways, I'm not against early marriage as long as a) there's consent from both boy and girl, 2) they know unprotected sex leads to pregnancy, 3) not have children until they have jobs.

i think there is a fetish among among some grown up kids to marry girls half their age.
any learned man would want his sister/daughter to be married off at the right age (meaning 18+). the ones in exception are hardly human.

SLJT has ALWAYS been in conflict with other Muslim organizations who oppose extremist, backwards views. Removing the religious laws Muslims have in marriage and divorce have been recommend several times in Sri Lanka and the last one was by a committee of Muslim intellectuals

Another troll thread

No description,

no source,

just a bunch of pictures with people carrying placards in some language which no one understands....

The threads makes no sense except for trolling...
And Hindu members didn't waste a single moment in bashing Muslims ....wow
What a load of crap...
@Oscar @waz @WebMaster @WAJsal

The ones that support child marriage in SL is few but the ones that do are total but cases or perverts. Indian Tamils would be able to read some of those as they are in Tamil.
This is an internal issue of SL but others are free to post.
Any intelligent Muslim would be humiliated if they read some of those. Some of those say that a minimum age for marriage is not practical and others say that Sharia is the godly law of almighty Allah

SLJT has ALWAYS been in conflict with other Muslim organizations who oppose extremist, backwards views. Removing the religious laws Muslims have in marriage and divorce have been recommend several times in Sri Lanka and the last one was by a committee of Muslim intellectuals

I take it that Sri Lanka is also not having a Uniform Civil Code and they are having problems of making progressive laws to reflect 21st century reality

i think there is a fetish among among some grown up kids to marry girls half their age.
any learned man would want his sister/daughter to be married off at the right age (meaning 18+). the ones in exception are hardly human.

What's so special about 18? Something magical happens between the day before 18th birthday and the day one turns 18? ........ Why not 20? 21? 24?

What's so special about 18? Something magical happens between the day before 18th birthday and the day one turns 18? ........ Why not 20? 21? 24?
Doctors and scientists generally agree that the body matures at 18 years of age. Anyways you do realise we have to put a point. any point we put there will be people who oppose it. So any point is an arbitrary point

Are you comfortable with your daughter getting married at 14 or 16?

That's mostly the age where people finishes their formal education. Other than that humans can reproduce from the age of 16 or so. However reproduction of such a early age is not a necessity now. Rather a vestige from the past where people had a life expectancy around 40 years.

Doctors and scientists generally agree that the body matures at 18 years of age.

You are BS'ing with the wrong person.

Anyways you do realise we have to put a point. any point we put there will be people who oppose it. So any point is an arbitrary point

Are you comfortable with your daughter getting married at 14 or 16?

It would be up to her. I will support her choice. A person has the right to marry early if she chooses to.

The country's "arbitrary" law (whichever country) must also be respected.

Back
Top Bottom